Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic but Naismith moving to Sunderland, just in time to make his debut against us in the round of fixtures each season that he always scores (first game in September)

he went a bit further than that and said he never had any interest, not many of us here believed that part, but it did give me the feeling hart must have annoyed him a bit.

I would have properly liked Hart here tbh but not devastated we didn't get him either.

Said yesterday like that there's something proper strange about England's NO.1 not going to another Prem side and ending up at Torino.

Whether that's down to City or the player, or a combination of both, who knows.

Palace have officially expressed an interest in McCarthy if they can't get Jack Wheelchair. However, apparently we're not willing to let him go...

source: SSN

Sissoko is a number 8, if he were to sign it would be Gueye at 6, Sissoko at 8 and Ross at 10, i could deal with that.

With pace on the flanks, full backs and Rom not being a slouch thats a powerfull unit.

and people moaning about too many wingers, we'd have brahimi, bolasie, mirallas, deulofeu and lennon all to play the 3 positions behind the striker (as well as two wingers in front of a midfield 3 you mention) - as well as possibly barkley of course - multiple formations for a manager who likes to mix it up.

I actually see Kev playing central more than Brahimi.

please no. not as any type of link player anyways

@BlueToff mentions Koemans tactics, but isn't Tadic an example of a link player/playmaker that we've been missing since Pienaar started being injured constantly

I just want somebody in the final third controlling the play, taking the ball to feet in tight spaces, switching sides and playing in our less football intelligent attackers.

Be nice if our lovely Ross ever becomes this player but he isn't that now

i knew there would be nothing by 12:00 lol

For me sissoko is the one we need to be bringing in today if McCarthy or Cleverley is off. Think the better deal is losing Tom but entirely opinionated there.

Plus i just want something concrete on Berhirimi, something that either proves it is all speculation or we are actually getting him.

Prefer schneirderlin to sissoko

Me too but they're different types of player.

Gueye should have taught us all that judging a centre mid too harshly because he didn't necessarily shine in a relegated team isn't wise. He did shine at Euro 2016 surrounded by world class players. So if he gets to play alongside superstar talents like Arouna Kone and Tom Cleverley, I'm sure he'll be able to hit those heights again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back