Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes you wonder what things would have been like had we not sold Stones. We would be one of the lowest spenders in the league.

It's not all the clubs fault, the transfer window is just a big game of chicken and who swerves first. If we've been quoted silly money for average-ish players why not hang it out until the last moment.

The player will provide more pressure the closer it gets and the selling club may lower it's asking price when it's that or nothing. For a prime example see Witsel to Juventus for a club biding it's time to get a deal that suits them.

"insane" translates to "I never expected to have to spend this much on one player."

That's what I suspected has happened. He probably thought spending 100m would give us a shot at CL when the reality is it barely gives us a shot at Europa league.
Yes, because he's clearly a very stupid individual. o_O

It makes you wonder what things would have been like had we not sold Stones. We would be one of the lowest spenders in the league.

Unfortunately we have to think that this has yet again been sell to buy, I was expecting a change even if it was a small one, allowing us to at least access the increased TV deal to spend on players.

If you take what is in front of you, it's hard to come out with any positive changes that have materialised in a sense of transfers.

Hopefully we will have a dock side stadium to start getting excited about but as of now, everything is the same.

How long do medicals take? Unless there are already bodies inside Finch Farm doing them it's starting to get a bit late to bring people in and do them PLUS all the paperwork!

Well I've just read my way through pages of bile, bluster and bs. If players are too expensive its hardly the buyers fault. If players no longer wish to come here............that is a historical fault and not in incumbent owners fault. Like all of you, I am as frustrated as the next guy but some of the moaning misery oozing out of these later posts make me heartily sick. Have no fear I'm aware some will blast at me for this posting, it helps them cope with their own frailties so bring it on, I'll be happily having my lunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back