Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, but investing the tv money +some more in order to compete at a higher level shouldn't be out of the question, should it?

Not at all mate.

I comfort myself in the belief that behind the scenes we are making massive secret bids for loads of awesome players. But at the same time won't be mugged off with any more duds like Martinez was.

I mean West Ham had a massive bid turned down for Lacazette. I mean Lacazette..!

Unreal that West Ham even tried and wasn't on any radars until it slipped out.

This transfer stuff is like Cold War era espionage.

I understand. I'm just curious though, as would you be happier if we spent an astronomical amount of money, like talking obvious over the top money, on 2 massive signings?

Obviously we'd all be buzzing to see them play and expectations go higher, but surely there is the repsonsibility to ensure safe running of the club?

Moshiri hasn't come here to take money out of the club. It would be like Richard Branson stealing a freddo from One Stop.

Surely that makes a difference to the previous regime?

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see some serious quality down Goodison Park, but I have to be realistic about what may be happening behind the scenes, otherwise I'd go mental about something I know nothing about, like some posters on here are doing.
I just want to see the right players signed personally. Haven't been negative about any of the last signings because they form part of the squad which i am happy with. so take Gabbi, he probably serves a important role in the team that someone like bony wouldn't be able to, so that makes signing him bigger than just loaning bony in.

Money isn't the issue, just the right players. Said it all summer but balance the squad out first and foremost will the best thing we could do, and right back, striker, CM is what is essentially needed to be brought in for us to have that.

also paid the debt off as well apparantly, and buying up land for a stadium if the talk is to be believed.

Surely that is far more than just buying shares?
No evidence of any of that. The debt could simply be transferred to him.

Seriously. Do yourself a favor. At the start of the window people were saying let's wait and see and then voicing doubts when we signed Gibson.

Let's wait and see if he actually comes through with any investment. I just want us to build a stadium and own it and not be saddled with some loan shark deal where we have to rent it.

Koeman has added four solid players to the team. Has brought with him new belief for us fans and revitalised and rejuvenated the dressing room.. thats a great start to this VERY NEW and exciting era for all of us blues. Whilst we all are blinkered today like Rabbits caught in the headlights of an oncoming car, let's remember how different, strong and positive we now look from the shambles just 3 months ago.
Koeman, Walsh and co will be undoubtedly working and trying to bring in several new players, I'm very proud of my club, the way it acts and the integrity our board and manager are showing since they arrived. We will bring in a few today, I'm sure of that. While we wait though, instead of complaining about Interest that the circus that is Sky tells us about, have faith in the great start we have had and the fantastic turnaround our great club has undergone already, in such a short space of time!! For the first time in a long time im personally seriously loving being a blue, rather than worrying about where we are going!!!! Coyb
Excellant

He hasn't invested. He's bought shares. There's a difference.

Let's wait until he actually invests before we say he has. Same with the stadium. Let's wait until we see something concrete before we get excited over that.

Wrong - he HAS invested. Go and ask him if you don't believe me. He spent £85m of his own money to buy some shares. That's an investment from his perspective.

Don't shoot me - I know that doesn't directly benefit the club financially, but Ash's point is that he wouldn't invest his own money if he didn't think there was an upside to the club (and himself) in doing so.

Unless of course you think he's just an asset stripper - and you've already defended yourself vigorously from that accusation in the past.

I understand. I'm just curious though, as would you be happier if we spent an astronomical amount of money, like talking obvious over the top money, on 2 massive signings?

Obviously we'd all be buzzing to see them play and expectations go higher, but surely there is the repsonsibility to ensure safe running of the club?

Moshiri hasn't come here to take money out of the club. It would be like Richard Branson stealing a freddo from One Stop.

Surely that makes a difference to the previous regime?

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see some serious quality down Goodison Park, but I have to be realistic about what may be happening behind the scenes, otherwise I'd go mental about something I know nothing about, like some posters on here are doing.

1st rule of FREDDO theft....never...NEVER get caught.

#TheTruthIsOutThere

[Poor language removed].webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back