Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great call on this one mate, didn't see it anywhere else.

Now we just need the players who can make an impact now or I think we could be playing a risky game.

We bid on him back in July mate - 1m bid rejected that was widely reported, so a decent chance we will have gone back in for him when United expressed interest and Sheff United looked like selling.

Same principle, his investment isn't worth much if we don't sign any players that the manager actually needs to progress the team up the league. All well and good having what we have but i would like to think our targets will improve the team and potentially be worth more points to us over the next 35 games.

I understand. I'm just curious though, as would you be happier if we spent an astronomical amount of money, like talking obvious over the top money, on 2 massive signings?

Obviously we'd all be buzzing to see them play and expectations go higher, but surely there is the repsonsibility to ensure safe running of the club?

Moshiri hasn't come here to take money out of the club. It would be like Richard Branson stealing a freddo from One Stop.

Surely that makes a difference to the previous regime?

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see some serious quality down Goodison Park, but I have to be realistic about what may be happening behind the scenes, otherwise I'd go mental about something I know nothing about, like some posters on here are doing.

When is Jim White back on.... I have this feeling, as he has mentioned Moshiri a few times now, that Everton have said the deals will be confirmed when Big Jim is on our screens

Nope. Positive spend. £6m of stones money went to Barnsley.
We spent over £15m binning off Martinez, getting koeman and getting Walsh.

Yes we've not signed some of the massive names we wanted, but it's not like we've not been in for them. And we've been severely limited by the mess left behind from Martinez.

We're on the up. We have a stronger squad now than at the start of the window, and it will improve even more over next couple of windows.

Still think we'll have an even more positive spend by the end of the day.
We're on the up. Nice one. We have a lower net spend than almost anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back