Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know anything about DC-L?

Everton have agreed a £1.4m deal with Sheffield United to sign Dominic Calvert-Lewin, who has just been called up to the England Under-20 squad. Calvert-Lewin joined Sheffield United at the age of eight and made his debut for the club in April last year. He enjoyed an impressive loan spell at Northampton Town last season and has attracted interest from Manchester United as well as Everton. The 19-year-old attacking midfielder is a Sheffield boy and grew up a few streets away from where Jamie Vardy lived, near Hillsborough

Still time but frankly not looking promising on multiple fronts. Unless one or two 'selling' clubs blink come 11.01 we may be left on the sidelines with our leadership desperately trying to work out why we couldn't spend. That would inevitably invite, and deserve, criticism despite the fact that the business we have done appears sound.

Mate, as much as I would love Slimani, money can't get you everything.

Leicester won the league last year and are in the Champions League. Sometimes you just need to accept that we can't just throw money at everyone and expect them to come.

For all we know, he could have already turned us down...

I meant pricewise, Slimani is the finished article, no way should we have to pay the same for Brahimi

Yea, but investing the tv money +some more in order to compete at a higher level shouldn't be out of the question, should it?

What Jim White the kopite? who filmed a video saying Moshiri had text him saying "watch this space", classic RS trolling there..

I honestly reckon it's 50/50 whether we bring in any more players. If we don't, then it's not for lack of trying.

The key thing is for me that we have a new manager, and some new players that have impressed already.

My only concern about not bringing in anyone else, is like a few posters on here have pointed out - cover. Any big injuries and we're looking a bit thin.

I think Everton know this, but won't be held to ransom over players.

Anyone who thought Mohsiri would turn up pissing £100m up the wall for a laugh, clearly hasn't done their research on his career and business sense.

When you're going through hell, just keep going

Churchill

2300 hrs today
devil.gif

Alright lads, some top deadline day tips here:

1. Don't watch Sky all day, your day will be much better without it.
2. Don't believe what Jim White says. He tries to make this day about him and will do his best to get you to watch.
3. Go outside. It's a nice day.
4. If something happens, it happens. We asked for Demba Ba and ended up with Lukaku, just wait.

I'm betting you're glued to the telly right now, munching on a big bowl of popcorn and with your trusted fap sock lying next to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back