Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just astonished that when we so clearly need a keeper and a striker, that Hart and Bony go for nothing and we aren't interested.
At the same time the owner is allegedly texting Jim White about the prices being 'insane'.
Don't understand it.
As if he is texting Jim [Poor language removed] at all.

No evidence of any of that. The debt could simply be transferred to him.

Seriously. Do yourself a favor. At the start of the window people were saying let's wait and see and then voicing doubts when we signed Gibson.

Let's wait and see if he actually comes through with any investment. I just want us to build a stadium and own it. Not some loan shark deal where we have to rent it.
that will come in time though, the stadium looks like it is on from all the chatter around the site including the local football team.

Tbh my opinion on the club does not revolve around how much Moshiri may or may not have put in the club or how much he is worth. Mine is based on the fact we have spent frig all so far despite having extra cash again this summer. If we spend the extra cash today then fantastic, i don't expect Moshiri to personally finance deals, but i do expect him to front the incoming cash we have had.

I just want to see the right players signed personally. Haven't been negative about any of the last signings because they form part of the squad which i am happy with. so take Gabbi, he probably serves a important role in the team that someone like bony wouldn't be able to, so that makes signing him bigger than just loaning bony in.

Money isn't the issue, just the right players. Said it all summer but balance the squad out first and foremost will the best thing we could do, and right back, striker, CM is what is essentially needed to be brought in for us to have that.

You're right mate. We really do need a couple more players and definitely in 2 of the 3 positions you named. That could be the difference in us battering the RS, which I always use as a barometer of a successful season.

I suppose my point being that if we can't bring in anyone else, it's not because Everton did not want to spend. It's because the right players could not be obtained. And the reasons? Rumour and foreign website sources will be all we have...

Once upon a time we were apparently 'close' to signing Mata , Witsel and Koulibaly . Other fans were envious and we wet our pants . Unless something dramatic happens in the next few hours it seems like it was all just an illusion .

Just astonished that when we so clearly need a keeper and a striker, that Hart and Bony go for nothing and we aren't interested.
At the same time the owner is allegedly texting Jim White about the prices being 'insane'.
Don't understand it.

Bony is lazy and is a bit gash.

Joe Hart hasnt made a decent save in a season and a half.

Jim White is chatting pure shhh

If part of the plan this summer was to change the perception of Everton, then it's been a bit of a catastrophe so far - to the outside world it looks like we didn't have a penny to spend until Stones was sold.

Wrong - he HAS invested. Go and ask him if you don't believe me. He spent £85m of his own money to buy some shares. That's an investment from his perspective.

Don't shoot me - I know that doesn't directly benefit the club financially, but Ash's point is that he wouldn't invest his own money if he didn't think there was an upside to the club (and himself) in doing so.

Unless of course you think he's just an asset stripper - and you've already defended yourself vigorously from that accusation in the past.
Agreed it's an investment for him but not an investment into the club. When people say he has invested they mean into the club.

There is an upside to him buying us. We just sold one player for close to 50m. There is a lot of help available to build a stadium. We are lacking in lots of commercial aspects. There's plenty of potential.

What I am saying is I don't expect him to start heavily investing his own money. It will be run as a business and we have no means to be a Europa League standard club and also be self sufficient until we build a new stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back