Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's loads in this thread mate.

2El6Xj2.gif

People fuming about Bony going for Stoke.,

If we'd have been seriously seriously interested in him, we'd have made a move.

Wonder if he was plan B if we had sold Lukaku, hence why he was spotted in Liverpool etc

In any case, he and Rom together would have been a problem from a workrate perspective. Neither of them can press the ball well and we need at least one striker who can do that, I think, from what I can make out of our targets

We sold 100%

77.6% were sold through the Hoodwink scheme whereby we release positive information to the press to get the supporters excited

Or people were genuinely just excited that we had sacked the fraud, got a very good manager in and have a good squad who should be competing (albeit one that could do with a few more additions)

Oh, and people like football. I don't get why you'd buy a season ticket based on the promise of transfers. I held a ST for two years and neither time was it because of transfers

Find it laughable that people put up reasoned responses and arguments against whybthe window hasnt really delivered whatvwe need/expected yet the people who have no comments just decide to not even try to make a point and just insult. Says it all for me really.

As you imply, the (very short run) form of Holgate and Stekelenburg has allowed this window to pass by without any feeling of panic for our onfield chances. However, that is a very thin straw to rest so much weight on.

You're bang on about this deadline day being used to top up rather than be everything hingeing on it. This is poor planning what we're seeing here right now.

The unfathomable dimension to this window so far is the failure to get a support striker in for Lukaku. Once it was known he was staying that should have been sorted. Koeman secured Long as a good foil for their starting striker at S'ton and - although he inherited two different types of squads - that was always a priority here...and the new working relationship with Walsh doesn't cut it as an explanation.

Holgate particularly as we couldn't have guessed he would bed in as he has. Stekelenberg seems a big risk to me but I'm happy to trust Koemans judgement and the more that's inferred on Hart it appears there is a bit of an ego with him.

This is spot on about a striker. We've known for 12 months we needed a backup striker. We made a massive cockup with Niasse on deadline day last year and I hope we don't make another one again.

I always found the pre-occupation with a Marquee signing fascinating. It wasn't just fans but the local (and national) press debated it lots and probably makes me think they were briefed. From what I see of Moshiri I can't imagine it came from him. My money's on Kenwright ringing round bragging. Suffice to say it is about as far away from what we should be looking to do going forward.

Identify what you need, go and find players to fill it. It really is that simple. Whether fans like it, whether opponents are feared by it or (most likely) the small set of journalists approve is an irrelevance. The biggest statement we could make is by finishing in the top 4, not by signing Joe Hart.

I'm not overly concerned even with net spend or big names. I just think going forward we need to ensure we get the players in we require for the first game of the season.

Or people were genuinely just excited that we had sacked the fraud, got a very good manager in and have a good squad who should be competing (albeit one that could do with a few more additions)

Oh, and people like football. I don't get why you'd buy a season ticket based on the promise of transfers. I held a ST for two years and neither time was it because of transfers

It was a joke you silly fool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back