Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
But simultaneously, the guy never learns. He keeps putting out wrong info. Not just "misinterpreted" or "things changed" - just outright wrong.

Can't help but just give some very obvious advice; shut up until you know things for certain. It's not hard, and I don't get why an obviously intelligent bloke is doing some very stupid things on here and social media.

....or better still, if it bothers you that much, put him on ignore. Saves all the bitchy posts if he's wrong.

You should all head over to World Football lads

The resident Leiceser, Sunderland and Arsenal supporters are all getting stuck into each other in the "Other Clubs Transfers" thread

Naff all happening in here, so you might as well
Need to get Brian Swan in there!! Does Grandoldteam have contact details for him?

CAN'T STOP GIGGLING AT THE NAME N'DONG

didier-ndong-est-parti-a-sunderland-negocier-son-contrat_185504.jpg

He looks seriously lost which might explain how he ended up at Sunderland.

But simultaneously, the guy never learns. He keeps putting out wrong info. Not just "misinterpreted" or "things changed" - just outright wrong.

Can't help but just give some very obvious advice; shut up until you know things for certain. It's not hard, and I don't get why an obviously intelligent bloke is doing some very stupid things on here and social media.

sometimes i honestly wonder if its some kind of social experiment....

Analogy, a gambler who loses money and keeps betting trying to win that money back.

change money for 'on-line reputaion'

He's a grown man mate, and fully understand how twitter and social media works in general, i like him a lot as a person, and have a lot of respect for his views on a whole host of topics (especially the financials which he is clued up on), but right now after the transfer window he has had trying to give information and being either off the mark with his timings (re witsel etc) or wrong and clearly so, then he should have just stepped back and called it evens, i won't ever give him verbals but IF he is using the same sources that have proved unreliable in the extreme still then can't say he himself will be surprised that he is going to get a whole host of stick from people over it.

Everyone makes bad decsiosn, and he has done so after the Witsel thing blew up by continuing to try to give ITK information, as @chicoazul would say 'That's the Game'
He tried to make one last punt to salvage his reputation and then quickly backtracked when he realized it was a jarg account.

What has happened to all the midfielders we were going to get? Barry is performing the box-to-box role and Barkley is our attacking mid. Who are their backups? Gibson, Cleverley, and Davies? If we don't get someone else for those positions, I'll be really disappointed.

Some of this hysteria is completely unfounded. At Christmas last season if someone had said we'd be taken over, Martinez would be replaced by Koeman, we would take Walsh from Leicester, we would keep Lukaku Barkley Deulofeu Mirallas Coleman, and we would add in Williams Bolasie and Gueye as well as replacing Howard, we'd take 7 points from the first three and have very strong rumours that the debt has been settled and plans for a waterfront stadium were in motion, NO ONE would have not taken this. Instead you get some people desperate to bash Everton for anything going on about sell to buy rubbish. This summer could hardly have gone any better. We could have been bought by very different types of owners yet they may well have satisfied the transfer muppetery of some on here. It is obvious to everyone that we're trying and money is available. If it wasn't we wouldn't have sanctioned the money we have on Bolasie and Williams even with the Stones deal, we wouldn't be in the conversation for some of the players we have been this window, Lukaku wouldn't be here, and we'd still be waiting for the last piece of the Tesco toys r us retail outlet freebie stadium outside of Liverpool. Now please just grow up. If the players don't arrive today, they will in January or in the summer afterwards. All this 'nothing has changed' nonsense is ridiculous.

We havnt done ourselves any favours leaving it all to the last minute. I can understand one or two sorted on deadline day but to leave all three (centre back, striker, winger) to the last day is alarming

Ideally we need a wing back and a keeper but I don't think Koeman sees them as a priority (although get the impression we will miss out on those two positions because we are concentrating on the other three)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back