Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing about Sissoko.

He is a regular in the French midfield but according to some on here not good enough for EFC.

Many say the fee is too high. Of course it is - they all are but its not my money and as long as EFC can afford it fine.

FWIW when I have seen him play he always looks like a high energy box to box midfielder and I'm at a loss to understand why Newcastle played him wide.

I hope he signs he is better than we've got at present.
Think you answered your own question right there.

As for the rest of your post, I completely agree.

Mate, where is the actual proof that we approached their clubs? It was an internet rumour started on twitter and on here.

Don't fall for it.

You don't have any proof that we didn't. What encourages me is that we made the second options down happen which are still of s quality beyond pre-Moshiri Martinez.

Everton paying enough in the managerial package, compensation agreement with Southampton and promise of future funds to convince Koeman to leave European football with Saints for 11th placed Everton.

Same with Walsh, the package, compensation and vision was enough to leave the champions unable to offer him better.

No Koulibaly but Williams at the price he is is a signing we never would have made. Zero resale value and a high fee for an older player, but we recognised his value in the here and now and deprived Swansea of their most important player.

Same for Bolasie. Same for Gueye.

This summer has been a definite step up above our usual transfer dealings, getting players for the here and now rather than a never ending conveyer belt of prospects.

There's no point moaning about fees, think of it as Monopoly money if it makes you feel better, it's got absolutely no relation to real money.
rain.webp

Stoke have had a good day with Bony and Martins Indi. I'd have gone for Bony, and Martins Indi aint bad..
I agree but let us not overlook the fact they are both loanees. Great while they have them but if they play well then Stoke would still have a job to convince them to stay. I know, I've been to Stoke hee hee.

Thanks.

It's getting closer and closer to the deadline and Oumar Niasse is still an Everton player.

He's literally going to be sat off all day on his PlayStation like Jose Enrique did for a whole year.

Maybe that's what we've done with Calvert-Lewins?

Yeh I'm happy with that one, but I don't think he's one for this season, more of a long term prospect like holgate

I was hoping Walsh would have recommended cheap 1-5m quid players he believes had the potential to do well in the premier league who were ready to go straight into the first team. Clubs are asking for ridiculous amounts of money this summer and clubs are being ripped off. I thought Walsh was brought in so we wouldn't have to spend mega money on every player

Tbf two very good signings. At this point in time I'd say their squad is easily as strong as ours, if not stronger due to better strength in depth.

Let's just go with what we've got, eh? One striker ffs!
There's not much difference between us, Palace, West Ham and Stoke. Leicester, Spurs and Liverpool are the next group of teams up but they're a good bit better.

Our first 11 is probably in between those two groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back