Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q: What's rep, daddy?
A: It's kind of like money that doesn't buy anything worth keeping, baby. It still seems to make people happy, though.
Q: Oh, you mean it's like a transfer budget, then?
A: No, it's worth more than that.

'Other parties', but no one with a name in the public domain ? THat is always the problem I have with 'ITK' information. I am certainly not doubting that you heard something...its the quality of the sources which I have doubts about. I remember many years ago, probably in the days of Kipper, I met a very senior executive from Everton (It was at a tribute event for SAF at Old Trafford, which I worked on for a charity with which I was involved.) He gave me some information re a signing Everton were going to make, and the suggestion while exciting, seemed very reasonable and believable. It turned out to be complete hogwash...I'm glad I didn't 'publish' the information on the net, I would have been slaughtered. I was surprised when you became 'ITK' because I'm certain that you would have known the dangers. There is always a thirst for information on football forums, and the majority of people are easily manipulated by 'qualified' information, rumour, and hearsay. I'm sure that your source is known to be reliable to you, but your source may simply have heard names mention....thus begins the chinese whispers which lead to false ITK information. This is not a criticism of your stance, simply my reading of the 'situation' or 'non event' concerning these players.
I had another 'contact'....a famous ex sportsman who's wife was best mates with Jenny Seagrove, and occasionally a little information re certain directors filtered down to me in conversation...I only ever used this information once, to confirm a theory that was bobbing around on,I think, Blue Kipper.

I'll give you one example now, I can find others if you wish:

Lucescu (Zenit manager): "We had a serious offer from Everton for Witsel, but the player rejected it."

Personal opinion is that this all depends on the Denayer deal for us, and how long it takes to get through.

We surely wouldn't be idiotic enough to let Kone go without confirming a replacement (I hope).

My only hope now is that the Denayer medical is due to start at 9, which doesn't leave much time for paperwork etc. although Kone being on his way to Finch Farm (could be there, I dont know whether he flew or not) is not great for our chances of keeping him.

But, the fee is agreed, and the lad who was spot on about it all today (told me about 9pm medical before it was on SSN) says it is £22.6m which I think is ridiculous, especially on deadline day.

Hope to god that I'm wrong about all of this, and Kone is still our player at 11pm

Status
Not open for further replies.