Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF (if), it transpires that the debt has been settled and plans for a new stadium in place, all of this hysteria over a summer window where we've broken our transfer record will not look great when we look back.

We've signed 4 first team players 3 of whom have already saved us points. We've brought in Valencia as back up for Lukaku. The one position I consider we're short of is yet again the lack of a creative mid (or true number 10). We've retained the majority of our best players.

It hasn't been that bad. Put your heads back on.

Last edited:
Why is that cockwomble on this thread banner. Cannot even believe we allowed a Championship player to seal the lid on another keg full of broken promises and bumbling baffoonery at this club.

Just been told on facebook to put on here

witsel is ours

Mata is interested in joining us

Ghezzal is having a medical

We are after Emery

Monchi will be our DOF

We will have water front stadium

We have 100 mil plus player sales

I still think Hart will join us on loan

Begovic will be coming

We are after 1/3 Italian strikers

Backup RB from Southampton is coming (Watched Toffee and esk special)

HMMMM ring any bells??
Wow outstanding.
Thats an awful lot of info to glean since you joined yesterday......hi eric.

I can't actually believe it. After all that, this.

It's unreal. Saw Koeman sit and say he expected at least another 4 in at the West Brom presser. Then he was saying that "everybody knows that the squad we have now is not what we will have after the window closes (referring to signings). And this is what we get.

lol

Would that be the same Lukaku who hasn't even turned up yet and we're sat in 4th as it stands?

You take talking out yer arse to a whole new level you

Without Lukaku last year, I'm convinced we would have been a better side. He was that bad in most games - just popping up and scoring after us playing effectively with 10 men for 89 minutes.

The whole "we'd have gone down without Lukaku" myth is precisely that - a myth. We'd have won games anyway by having a different striker which would have meant us having 11 men on the pitch.

Today was not good however if you think the window as a whole was a failure I challenge you to go back and find a better window in the last 5 years. Martinez's first is the only one that compares really. Also the players we do have started brilliantly independent of the backroom failings in the last 2 weeks

Shocking window all things considered, our signings are solid but they're the absolute bare minimum I would've expected the great minds of Koeman and Walsh to conjure.

To not get a single 'big' signing over the line reeks of utter ineptitude, appreciate that it's difficult to attract world class players, but for Mata to prefer sitting on the bench at Utd (one example among many) to playing for us, someone is doing something horribly wrong.
If we do well in the first half of the season I expect players like Mata to see us in a totally different way, we are still being looked at in the Martinez way. I think Some of these players won't get much playing time at the big clubs and will want out come January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back