Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Without Lukaku last year, I'm convinced we would have been a better side. He was that bad in most games - just popping up and scoring after us playing effectively with 10 men for 89 minutes.

The whole "we'd have gone down without Lukaku" myth is precisely that - a myth. We'd have won games anyway by having a different striker which would have meant us having 11 men on the pitch.

You do come out with some total guff

Terrible window, based on all the bs this summer and this lol new found wealth I am totally gobsmacked right now. I thought we had finally got away from the past but no. Hate this club right now. It always disappoints on every [Poor language removed] level.

Mate thing us under kenwright us as fans used the criteria of the buck stops with the owner, same criteria has to be applied now, moshiri ultimately has failed massively in his first real test.

Would you agree?
I'd say how he responds to a hugely disappointing window is the first real test for him. I'm pretty sure he won't stand for what has happened. If there aren't changes in the boardroom by Christmas, I'll be concerned. But I think we will see those changes.

First you get the Europe, then you get the players for the Europe

Europe's possible but because we've failed to strengthen the squad significantly it's going to be a lot harder and injuries might wreck our chances now.

I fully believe if we'd got the right players in today we'd have a really strong chance of European football next season. As it stands now I think it'll be 50\50. If we get hit by any long term injuries to Lukaku or Gueye I don't think we'll do it.

Without Lukaku last year, I'm convinced we would have been a better side. He was that bad in most games - just popping up and scoring after us playing effectively with 10 men for 89 minutes.

The whole "we'd have gone down without Lukaku" myth is precisely that - a myth. We'd have won games anyway by having a different striker which would have meant us having 11 men on the pitch.

I'm feeling that you have a sneaky liking for the Niasse.

Just thinking about it, there was only really Kone who was desperate to come, out of everyone we wanted but couldn't get? Witsel held out for Juventus, Hart was never seemingly a target (Stek appears to be his no1 choice) Lucas and Sissoko went elsewhere and Ghezzal said no thanks.

Koeman and Walsh weren't in place early enough to get their preferred deals over the line before silly season started. Next summer will be different.

Reactions: bnz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back