Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should just forget about him. Let him develop in the reserves away from the pressure. It's highly unlikely he will make it just due to the step up needed but we just need one to make it.

Was just talking about this the other day. It's the one position that there doesn't seem to be very much potential in the youth teams. Plenty of defenders and midfielders with a chance of making it but lacking good striking talent

Hope he fills that void. Probably only so interesting because United were in for him too

Lets be honest here. There's been far and away worse windows than this. Whats killed us here is the expectation, and the optimism of what new ownership brings, 'promises', and portrays.
It wasn't a good day yesterday. And, in effect though you could argue we"ve strengthened from last season, its down to the sale of Stones reagarding the funding of it. So; next summer Rom will go to start the same process. At the moment I expect nothing less and nothing has changed (transfer funding wise). Why would Rom sign a new contract now? Late shopping in August isn't the way to sell a clubs ambitions. It doesn't work. Gettig major business done before the season starts is the way to go. Titbits on deadline day is ok if major business is already done. Not the fiasco we had last night. I could sense RK (post match v Stoke) was concerned this may happen. And so it proved. A bit gutting really.

I have written a novel on Toffeeweb of my disppointment. wont repeat it all here.. but safe to say Everton management should be embarrassed by this window. We got some right with Gueye and a short term win with Williams. But in terms of displaying Everton are going to be a force to reckoned with and have the stature to support that vision - no .. We failed. It was a plucky window grabbing some nice signings on the back of selling Stones. In the end Koeman will have to work his magic and hope Lukaku and Barkley has the seasons of their life. Over to you Ronald.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Wanna bet?

On what?

I've said as it stands this squad is top 8 material. The manager is top 6 material.

We needed the few more late additions to get us definitely capable of challenging for top 6. That hasn't happened and it's frustrating and disappointing and the club is to blame (for that)

The only thing that can redirect my faith in a new era at Everton is if Moshiri responds to this debacle with swift and decisive action. That means that those in the club responsible for negotiating deals for players get removed and replaced, and those responsible for briefing the press about targets and ambition have their tongues and fingers removed.

If Moshiri had been led to believe we were 'not finished' in the market surely he must be livid with those who led him to believe deals would get done?

Is that the same Echo that's known as 'The Red Echo'?
Only by some morons on here. The echo has defended Bill and the club for years. The only time they come out against either the owner or the manager is when a decision by the club has already been taken to remove them. e.g. They didn't lay into Martinez until the club had decided to get rid of him.

They loved him at first then he went a bit crap.

It baffles me why some of our fans are so obsessed about what others think.

I trust the manager. I still trust Walsh and why the end of the window has now left it open-ended whether it was 'sell to buy' (some will say yes and nothing has changed, some will offer a balance, others will say it definitely has changed and it wasn't) is what needs sorting out.

IF the money was available (which I believe it was) then serious questions need to be asked about who was heading up our deals heading into the last few weeks. I'm pretty much convinced it was the old regime, which ultimately shows a huge naivety on Moshiri's part.

Elstone NEEDS to GO. And Bill should have no impact whatsoever in our dealings.

Rather than post some knee jerk reaction, i have slept on it and probably see the whole thing a bit more clearly now.

Overall, this window has been yet another false dawn in our modern history. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Negative net spend, gaps in the squad, the first 11 have not improved and the replacements on the whole were simply replacing players who were deemed to not have a place at the club. Shockingly bad failure by anyone involved in the transfer dealings, more so the fact it is probably the same people who were failures previous years. For all the talks of money and having bigger wages, what have we got to show for it? The biggest business we did was 22 million and 90 grand a week wages for Yanick Bolasie! Take scope of that for a second, we sold a potentially world class player and that was the best we could bring in for the higher wages.

I know people will spin this positively but how can you? We have wasted an opportunity, spent nothing and plucked players from worse teams. We have not improved one bit. 'we took the best players from teams below us...' yes we did, and all that does is make us an even better mid table team. So despite the reports of having money to spend, it turned out we had none, and for a starters, the tv money that other clubs spent freely, yeah that is going to be arteta'd straight into the club never to be seen again.

It is just so frustrating being a blue, every single time you get your hopes up they make sure it is all for nothing. How can a club operate like this for so long swallowing money despite having a billionaire owner now? It is a joke, not one person can argue differently because there is no proof otherwise, we didn;t spend any money and we only spent what we brought in money wise.

If this window proves nothing else, 11th is exactly where we belong, mid table because we have no realistic ambition of getting any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back