Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
How anyone can say this isn't a disappointing window needs to open their eyes. From koeman himself only weeks ago, we need 3 goalkeepers. We had England's no.1 goalkeeper available on loan and weren't even in for him. We desperately needed a back up striker to Lukaku, which koeman has known all summer. So what did we do, left it till the last week of the window to try to sign Perez, who unfortunately chose arsenal over us. We then turned to our second target gabbiadini. Napoli made it apparent if they couldn't get a replacement, then he wouldn't be solved. In the meantime, we had bony (who scored 20+ goals in his first season in the premiership) going out on loan to the mighty Stoke, whilst we dithered and waited for Napoli to give us the nod, which never came. As a result we end up with Valencia, who has gone from 4th choice striker at West Ham, to second choice striker at Everton. I'm sorry but the fans have been bad,y let down this transfer window and in particular it smacks of complacency that we didn't strengthen these 2 positions with quality.

Think a few of our fans are just happy to be in the premier league, we haven't won anything in ages and will not win anything unless we back the team and if that fails ask for changes at board level.

At some stage, yes. We haven't moved any closer to that ultimate goal imo

'Stage' (a hint of sanity). We aren't at that stage, City didn't get the investment and then start winning the league, neither Utd, Arsenal nor Chelski. It's done in stages. We are at that initial stage. We need to get back in to Europe to attract the players required for that next phase

Think a few of our fans are just happy to be in the premier league, we haven't won anything in ages and will not win anything unless we back the team and if that fails ask for changes at board level.

There have been changes at board level mate.

Six months ago.

So, do tell, what were you realistically expecting - change wise - within that period?

There have been changes at board level mate.

Six months ago.

So, do tell, what were you realistically expecting - change wise - within that period?

Elstone and Bill to have been only there for sentimental purposes for maybe 3 months.

A negotiation team to assist Walsh to be brought in possibly from Monaco, Zeinit or Portuguese club who love ripping people off and understand the game.

Elstone and Bill to have been only there for sentimental purposes for maybe 3 months.

A negotiation team to assist Walsh to be brought in possibly from Monaco, Zeinit or Portuguese club who love ripping people off and understand the game.

Walsh has been there how long? This may well be part of the plan....as long as those who scouted NIASSE are now plugged I'd be content.

I agree RE Elstone & BK. But, again, timing....it's just over six months. As I said in an earlier post - I'll give it 12 months - and if there's no change to now then...well, then I'll prob just move into our loft TBH. Until then I'll support the side, try and lose all the neg I feel abarrr it now and see where it takes us.

Whatever way we look at it, and as disappointed as we may be with yesterday...we're in a better place than we have been for some time.

I'm curious about the VALENCIA signing though. In light of an agreed fee in place for the end of the loan period...I wonder if he's one from WALSH's fabled list.

I'd like to think so....I may have more confidence in it then.

Time will tell eh.

Walsh has been there how long? This may well be part of the plan....as long as those who scouted NIASSE are now plugged I'd be content.

I agree RE Elstone & BK. But, again, timing....it's just over six months. As I said in an earlier post - I'll give it 12 months - and if there's no change to now then...well, then I'll prob just move into our loft TBH. Until then I'll support the side, try and lose all the neg I feel abarrr it now and see where it takes us.

Whatever way we look at it, and as disappointed as we may be with yesterday...we're in a better place than we have been for some time.

I'm curious about the VALENCIA signing though. In light of an agreed fee in place for the end of the loan period...I wonder if he's one from WALSH's fabled list.

I'd like to think so....I may have more confidence in it then.

Time will tell eh.

I'm not negative at all, I'm glad Koeman is our manager and its unreal how we managed to get him in...

with all the fantasy complaints flying round I hope someone somewhere is miffed we didn't go after David Luiz! "Chelsea's not in the CL" we'd hear them say

Personally I am glad we did not let ourselves be blackmailed by Porto, their loss for being right !!!!!!. Also glad we got dished by Spurs on other one just sorry DM did not play ball on Kone otherwise quite happy with signings we have made.
I'm not. We should never have put ourselves in that position. Allowing it to tick down till TDD was a very risky strategy.

I'm not. We should never have put ourselves in that position. Allowing it to tick down till TDD was a very risky strategy.

I was thinkin' about that very thing today....the leavin' it late. And I reckon, to a point, we found ourselves in that position quite naturally by actually having a new owner, and with it the assumption that we'll pay over the odds for anything.

That said, should have been handled better, will be next time.

I'm 100% sure of that...:Blink:

As disappointed as I was by not getting anyone, I am happier that we did so, rather than massively overpaying. Spending 80 mill on 2 players would have been far far worse, as it would have sent a message out that we are willing to be fleeced. By taking the lesser of two evils, we at least set up for future windows less players using "Everton interest" as a way to get increased wages, and more teams being realistic with what prices they give us.

Porto fully expected us to cave in to their Brahimi demands, otherwise they wouldnt have held him out of all of their games. In the end, we didnt because they got absurd. They regret missing out on the 34 mill on that one.

I honestly think there wasn't anyone decent available, we had tried before with Witsel,Perez etc. The problem has been the TV money teams have more money so can hold on to their better players now. I think there's a few at Man Utd that will be available but not yet as I think Mourinho wants to assess things there first, I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Mata and schniderlin plus others will be available in January, but only time will tell on that. As for other targets that's up to walsh to find what Koeman needs whether we have heard of them or not, IMO his job starts now.

I was thinkin' about that very thing today....the leavin' it late. And I reckon, to a point, we found ourselves in that position quite naturally by actually having a new owner, and with it the assumption that we'll pay over the odds for anything.

That said, should have been handled better, will be next time.

I'm 100% sure of that...:Blink:
Yea I did wonder the wisdom of everyone going around saying we're rich but then again I think the idea was it would help convince players to join.

We needed to bring in marquee signing earlier. Everyone knew this at the start of the window. We definitely looked right dodgy only buying after Stones and later we were desperate.

I guess where it all went wrong this window was Witsel. He was the one we targeted and thought we could get and then found ourselves waiting due to the Pogba deal dragging on.

The lesson to be learnt. Cast the net wide. Have a few players lined up all roughly the same and then go with the one that is the first to get over the line. We're too nice and have been getting played window after window because we're unwilling to not act like gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back