Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mid table finish again this year won't help us attract the higher caliber player.

January = The right players won't be available

Summer 2017 = Lukaku will most definitely be sold and we'll have a negative net spend once again, replacing a potentially world class striker with an average / potentially good player because that's all we can attract.

Onwards and upwards ayy lads

Your a bundle of good news, thanks for that!

That's not true. There's always players available and always players that move every window. Our problem is we get fixated on one target and also aren't ruthless enough.

The story of Bill increasing the offer .5m at a time was laughable.

I don't think 100m was available but I do think probably another 60m or so was available and we failed to get close to spending it.

I'm not too sure why? Maybe it was the prices that had gone crazy. Maybe naivety. Maybe both.

I've stepped back from thinking Moshiri is a fraud but things do need sorting out.

Every post of yours I read is absolutely spot on

Your a bundle of good news, thanks for that!
Devastated mate. Although I'm impressed with what I've seen so far, but as others have said, failure to bring in players will result in another mid table finish (based on other teams quality) and imagine we'd of secured some really good players, next season we may have been able to hang onto the likes of Barkley/Lukaku next year

Quando sono sola
sogno all'orizzonte
e mancan le parole,
si lo so che non c'è luce
in una stanza quando manca il sole,
se non ci sei tu con me, con me.
Su le finestre
mostra a tutti il mio cuore
che hai accesso,
chiudi dentro me
la luce che
hai incontrato per strada.

Paesi che non ho mai
veduto e vissuto con te,
adesso si li vivrò.
Con te partirò
su navi per mari
che, io lo so,
no, no, non esistono più,
it's time to say goodbye.
Quando sei lontana
sogno all'orizzonte
e mancan le parole,
e io si lo so
che sei con me con me,
tu mia luna tu sei qui con me,
mio sole tu sei qui, con me,
con me, con me, con me.
In English mert

Devastated mate. Although I'm impressed with what I've seen so far, but as others have said, failure to bring in players will result in another mid table finish (based on other teams quality) and imagine we'd of secured some really good players, next season we may have been able to hang onto the likes of Barkley/Lukaku next year
There's still the January window, no? I don't believe our squad is as bad as people make out on here. The last two seasons failures have been mainly down to bad management from Martinez and his team of goons.

If we are in the top 8 by January which looks likely on current form then what's to stop us strengthening with 1 or 2 quality players added to the 4 good players we've already brought in and pushing on for Europe?

Too much doom and gloom and too little looking at the bigger picture... Feel like no one is putting things into perspective all because of deadline day going tits up with one over rated player...

There's still the January window, no? I don't believe our squad is as bad as people make out on here. The last two seasons failures have been mainly down to bad management from Martinez and his team of goons.

If we are in the top 8 by January which looks likely on current form then what's to stop us strengthening with 1 or 2 quality players added to the 4 good players we've already brought in and pushing on for Europe?

Too much doom and gloom and too little looking at the bigger picture... Feel like no one is putting things into perspective all because of deadline day going tits up with one over rated player...

Because unlike last year, we now have Chelsea/City/United guaranteed to be top 3 with Spurs/Arsenal/Lpool/Leicester & any other surprises like Soton/WHam/Stoke (Strengthened with Bony, Indi) beneath them. Now where we end up is anyones guess...Hopefully fighting it out with Spurs/Arsenal/L'Pool. But imagine we get an injury to Lukaku though?

And it's not over one overrated player. We were promised 100m spending & ended up selling stones and signing some very underwhelming players such as Bolasie/Valencia.

It baffles me why some of our fans are so obsessed about what others think.

I trust the manager. I still trust Walsh and why the end of the window has now left it open-ended whether it was 'sell to buy' (some will say yes and nothing has changed, some will offer a balance, others will say it definitely has changed and it wasn't) is what needs sorting out.

IF the money was available (which I believe it was) then serious questions need to be asked about who was heading up our deals heading into the last few weeks. I'm pretty much convinced it was the old regime, which ultimately shows a huge naivety on Moshiri's part.

Elstone NEEDS to GO. And Bill should have no impact whatsoever in our dealings.

Mate, I agree with all this.

Fact is, I have watched Enner and been impressed in the past. He is quick and imo, will play well of Rom.

Let's judge him on what he does in blue rather than writing him off.

I also said this about Niasse though....

Mate, I agree with all this.

Fact is, I have watched Enner and been impressed in the past. He is quick and imo, will play well of Rom.

Let's judge him on what he does in blue rather than writing him off.

I also said this about Niasse though....

I hope he does well and he of course will get my support.

However, West Ham are direct rivals of ours. If he was any use they wouldn't have loaned him to us. It's hard to get away from that.

I think it says it all that there is nothing on the official site at all from Koeman or any staff regarding deadline and their thoughts on the incomings and outgoings across the transfer window. It's clear as day things aren't all rosy behind the scenes, and rightly so. Koeman must already be considering his future with us.

Yes, but as I also said, I do not believe that what we have done in this window has given us a squad capable of qualifying for Europe this season (at least not through the league). So, one year from now we will be exactly where we are now, with people like you telling me that signings like Enner Valencia is a sign of progress.

You're resorting to making things up now, I never said Enner Valencia is a good signing. What I said was I didn't understand all the negativity. We are just a few weeks into the season and already a negative vibe. My point was that instead of all the negative comments, how about a bit of positive. Like I said "god forbid we have a positive atmosphere on a Saturday afternoon". Unless you can predict the future (I'm confident you can't) you don't know where we will be in January or May for that matter. Let's just enjoy and support the team........

I think it says it all that there is nothing on the official site at all from Koeman or any staff regarding deadline and their thoughts on the incomings and outgoings across the transfer window. It's clear as day things aren't all rosy behind the scenes, and rightly so. Koeman must already be considering his future with us.
I half expected him to hand his resignation in the next day. sounds silly to say it now but got the impression that because the club signed no-one he wanted he would leave in a huff.

It doesn't help his more than 2 years case, if the board are already failing him now at least. Half the reason he left to join us, was the fact the saints board were selling his best players every year. Same principle here, could see him jumping at another job if we don't start signing targets in the windows over the next 2 years.

Because unlike last year, we now have Chelsea/City/United guaranteed to be top 3 with Spurs/Arsenal/Lpool/Leicester & any other surprises like Soton/WHam/Stoke (Strengthened with Bony, Indi) beneath them. Now where we end up is anyones guess...Hopefully fighting it out with Spurs/Arsenal/L'Pool. But imagine we get an injury to Lukaku though?

And it's not over one overrated player. We were promised 100m spending & ended up selling stones and signing some very underwhelming players such as Bolasie/Valencia.

No one's guaranteed anything lid, it's three games in lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back