Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaza would be our second best striker. Fact
giphy.gif

I honestly think there wasn't anyone decent available, we had tried before with Witsel,Perez etc. The problem has been the TV money teams have more money so can hold on to their better players now. I think there's a few at Man Utd that will be available but not yet as I think Mourinho wants to assess things there first, I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Mata and schniderlin plus others will be available in January, but only time will tell on that. As for other targets that's up to walsh to find what Koeman needs whether we have heard of them or not, IMO his job starts now.
That's not true. There's always players available and always players that move every window. Our problem is we get fixated on one target and also aren't ruthless enough.

The story of Bill increasing the offer .5m at a time was laughable.

I don't think 100m was available but I do think probably another 60m or so was available and we failed to get close to spending it.

I'm not too sure why? Maybe it was the prices that had gone crazy. Maybe naivety. Maybe both.

I've stepped back from thinking Moshiri is a fraud but things do need sorting out.

you have comprehension difficulties. and also are a bit silly if you thought i was actually being serious with those comments about shaming. not everything everybody writes on here is literal....you'd do well remembering that or christ, you will get totally lost with some posters.

yet again....i didnt say the situation didnt have an affect on him. why would you think i dont understand he wanted away or that it would affect performances? if you read what I say and take time to think then you would stop responding to me with nonsense.

i clearly stated what my point was in the last post, your reply suggests you struggle to understand such a simple point.

You wrote a post lecturing other posters in the wake of the transfer window closing but started off with stating as a fact, what was just your opinion on Stones. I pointed this out and have explained the flaws in this, but each reply you write gets more silly as you ignore what i say and keep trying to make me understand that young players can be affected by having handed in a transfer request and not being able to leave....when everybody bloody knows that.

ill state it as clearly as I can. You cannot state the players poor season was purely down to him "wanting away". You were not in his head. you ignore the many other reasons i gave for the players poor season which are all very reasonable....among them being the transfer request (again if youd read properly you wouldnt be replying asking how i dont understand it is a cause, when ive already said as such)

anyway. the main point was you were pontificating at other posters and advising they have nothing to contribute whilst starting your post with one of the most regular irritants on the forum.....opinions dressed as fact.

You don't know the first thing about me. You say I have comprehension difficulties. Now that is really funny. PM me. Let's talk. You may be surprised...

That's not true. There's always players available and always players that move every window. Our problem is we get fixated on one target and also aren't ruthless enough.

The story of Bill increasing the offer .5m at a time was laughable.

I don't think 100m was available but I do think probably another 60m or so was available and we failed to get close to spending it.

I'm not too sure why? Maybe it was the prices that had gone crazy. Maybe naivety. Maybe both.

I've stepped back from thinking Moshiri is a fraud but things do need sorting out.
Who then who would have atleast been decent value for money? I can't think of many.Though I was disapointed we didn't get Kone I did think that was achievable.

Everton left with lessons to learn after missing out on top targets on deadline day
ONE leading agent tells a story about fielding a call from Everton earlier this summer to be informed that, with billionaire shareholder Farhad Moshiri now on board, the club wanted to make a "big splash" in the transfer market.
By PAUL JOYCE
PUBLISHED: 19:55, Thu, Sep 1, 2016 | UPDATED: 20:27, Thu, Sep 1, 2016
fb.png

tw.png

g-plus.png

m.png

sh.png

c.png

Moshiri-706406.jpg
GETTY

Farhad Moshiri's 'big splash' in the transfer window didn't go according to plan at Everton
By the time Moussa Sissoko was ignoring Ronald Koeman's phonecalls on Wednesday evening and heading to Tottenham, only the prospect of Moshiri throwing himself off his yacht in Monaco threatened to make their avowed aim come true.

One of the reasons Moshiri purchased 49 per cent of Everton back in February was because, as a minor shareholder at Arsenal, he had grown frustrated at having no influence and watching Stan Kroenke wielding all the power.

Playing patsy to Spurs chairman Daniel Levy who was in the process of hijacking Everton's £30m deal with Newcastle for Sissoko will not have been how Moshiri envisaged his first transfer window ending.

The late madness in the countdown to the deadline, coupled with the fact Everton recouped more than they spent thanks to John Stones' £47.5m move to Manchester City, creates the impression of a disappointing window. A more accurate assessment in a single word would be that it has been scattergun.

Of those who have been recruited Idrissa Gueye has hit the ground running, Maarten Stekelenburg has caught the eye in goal and Ashley Williams will bring leadership.

Tottenham Hotspur unveil Moussa Sissoko after £30m transfer saga

The trio were signed for around £18m. Had they cost double that amount then few would have batted an eyelid and others, who equate ambition solely to spending, would have taken it as a sign that Everton were thinking big.

Yannick Bolasie, for a potential club record £30m, will offer pace and threat if Koeman can coax greater consistency from a player he desperately wanted. A loan deal for Enner Valencia may not set the pulse racing but provides an option. Youngster Dominic Calvert-Lewin, recruited from Sheffield United, is one for the future.

Arguably the greatest statement from Moshiri and chairman Bill Kenwright was in their determination to keep Romelu Lukaku out of Chelsea's clutches, a move which will serve them well even if it is only for a minimum of one more season.

Everton also retained James McCarthy - against his wishes if truth be told. So Everton are stronger now than they were back in May and boast a manager more likely to gain the results at a weekend which will drive the club forward.

But undoubtedly there are lessons to be learnt. A summer of change has not helped the recruitment process with Koeman and new Director of Football, Steve Walsh, only joining from mid-June onwards.

Koeman seems all about the here and now. He needs Everton to be a success in order to move onto the next job - hence why he was happy to take Williams (aged 32), sign Stekelenburg (33), ask for Bolasie (27) and push for Sissoko (27). They are not necessarily signings with an eye to the future.

There is an edge to the Dutchman and that might elicit the best from the club. After all, Everton have made their best start to a season for a decade.

Yet there have been gaps between the groundwork done on deals and the rubber-stamping of those transfers which, as Wednesday's deadline approached, evidently became Kenwright's problem rather than his fault. The "football side" of Everton, Koeman said recently, was overseen by himself and Walsh.

They might argue they can only put names forward, but at the same time they seemingly have to do more in explaining the merits of Moshiri's project to targets between now and January in order to avoid falling foul of duplicitous players and agents once again.

There needs to be greater harmony. It was indicative of how Everton's summer progressed that after the Sissoko deal collapsed, a late move for one of Roberto Martinez's old targets, Andriy Yarmolenko, was launched. That failed, too.

The list of targets who slipped through the net is lengthy. Lucas Perez went to Arsenal last week for £17m with the appeal of Champions League football - and the chance to live in London - swaying him just as it did Sissoko.

There was a £20m offer for Napoli's Manolo Gabbiadini, but the Italians would not sell because they did not have a replacement. A £10m-plus deal was struck with Lyon for Algerian winger Rachid Ghezzal only for the player to delay giving an answer and the trail to go cold.

Axel Witsel was tracked and Graziano Pelle, but not Porto's Yacine Brahimi. A £17m deal for Sunderland's Lamine Kone was struck, but that was dependent on David Moyes signing a replacement. When he didn't, the move did not materialise.

As it turns out that might prove a blessing given the assured early-season performances of young Mason Holgate. There is no need to clutter his pathway if, as Koeman suggests, he is the real deal.

It is clear that Moshiri was willing to make money available for signings. But the realisation may just have to hit home of where Everton stand in the natural order and the transformation they must undergo in order for the Iranian's ambition of turning them into a force again is realised.

Koeman believes it will take two years for him to put together the squad he wants and for the next few months his focus must be on getting the best out of what remains a good squad.

If deadline day told Moshiri anything, it is that his vision will take longer to shape.

For the people who cba clicking the link

Who then who would have atleast been decent value for money? I can't think of many.
Instead of Witsel for 30m?

I still think we could have got Carvalho. The rumour is we pulled out of that over money because we wouldn't pay the 35m release clause.

I think that was a mistake. I think he would have been a perfect replacement for Barry and a good age.

I can also think of a couple in La Liga. Whether they would come is of course the problem but if we pay the money in sure one would.

On the positive at least it might mean Davies will see more time. Not ideal perhaps but a big chance for him.

Instead of Witsel for 30m?

I still think we could have got Carvalho. The rumour is we pulled out of that over money because we wouldn't pay the 35m release clause.

I think that was a mistake. I think he would have been a perfect replacement for Barry and a good age.

I can also think of a couple in La Liga. Whether they would come is of course the problem but if we pay the money in sure one would.

On the positive at least it might mean Davies will see more time. Not ideal perhaps but a big chance for him.

Im not sure thats true, the rumour I heard was he jogged us on cos he didnt "believe".

Its never been about money from what ive heard, people just preferred other clubs, they didnt wanna take the gamble.

Im not sure thats true, the rumour I heard was he jogged us on cos he didnt "believe".

Its never been about money from what ive heard, people just preferred other clubs, they didnt wanna take the gamble.

The money in the form of contracts & wages available has been down on tables, I believe, for ages.

It's hard 'cos - obviously - we're blindsided by the nature of us being fans but fact is - we're a difficult sell and will remain so until progress is made.

And progress is made by...Well...It's ongoing innit.

One biggy this window may have swayed things but we'll never know will we.

I was talking to a SPURS fan who sees us & them (though, obv, they're ahead ATM) in a similar boat in the sense that for the most players will opt/wait for something else before committing to our ilk, namely the ARSE, The MANCHESTERS, CHELS and, I suppose - eeeee - them even.

11th finishes don't help like.

Suppose Sissoko confirmed the pecking order like. Thankfully. The cumbersome, Idle tit.

You don't know the first thing about me. You say I have comprehension difficulties. Now that is really funny. PM me. Let's talk. You may be surprised...

That was a throwaway comment in reference to this conversation,no general offence intended. Apologies.

just read the posts again if you can be bothered because I don't know how you can't understand what Im saying.

Buenas noches

Quando sono sola
sogno all'orizzonte
e mancan le parole,
si lo so che non c'è luce
in una stanza quando manca il sole,
se non ci sei tu con me, con me.
Su le finestre
mostra a tutti il mio cuore
che hai accesso,
chiudi dentro me
la luce che
hai incontrato per strada.

Paesi che non ho mai
veduto e vissuto con te,
adesso si li vivrò.
Con te partirò
su navi per mari
che, io lo so,
no, no, non esistono più,
it's time to say goodbye.
Quando sei lontana
sogno all'orizzonte
e mancan le parole,
e io si lo so
che sei con me con me,
tu mia luna tu sei qui con me,
mio sole tu sei qui, con me,
con me, con me, con me.

'Stage' (a hint of sanity). We aren't at that stage, City didn't get the investment and then start winning the league, neither Utd, Arsenal nor Chelski. It's done in stages. We are at that initial stage. We need to get back in to Europe to attract the players required for that next phase
Yes, but as I also said, I do not believe that what we have done in this window has given us a squad capable of qualifying for Europe this season (at least not through the league). So, one year from now we will be exactly where we are now, with people like you telling me that signings like Enner Valencia is a sign of progress.

ONE leading agent tells a story about fielding a call from Everton earlier this summer to be informed that, with billionaire shareholder Farhad Moshiri now on board, the club wanted to make a "big splash" in the transfer market.

i hope this bit isn't true, not least because it encourages performative online indignation when imagined spending figures aren't met, but mostly because it's like winning the lottery and showing up at the market in your newly-diamond encrusted Austin Metro wearing a flashing neon sign around your neck that says "nouveau riche," but expecting value.

still, at least we decided not to make a stupid splash, just for the sake of being able to claim we'd done something "big"

Do you not understand that he wanted away in the summer of 2015?

Do you not understand that his non-move would influence his attitude to the club in not allowing him to move to a team with Champions league?

Do you not understand that such a scenario would have an effect on the young lad? To the likely event that performance would suffer?

The mistakes he made may be put down to over-confidence; the performance level, certainly not. It was quite plain to see (well, to most people, but obviously not you).

You denounced me in front of the whole forum? What kind of fantasy world are you living in?

You shamed me? What kind of fantasy world are you living in? You are hilarious!

Don't kid yerself. I can learn absolutely nothing from you...

Get off yer bike, and start understanding football, and footballers...

Your last few posts are rather rude to other posters and you seem to be getting a bit wound up.

I was going to respond to all of your initial incorrect points but as you dont want to have a debate i shall refrain from doing so until you cease with the insults.

A mid table finish again this year won't help us attract the higher caliber player.

January = The right players won't be available

Summer 2017 = Lukaku will most definitely be sold and we'll have a negative net spend once again, replacing a potentially world class striker with an average / potentially good player because that's all we can attract.

I'm usually optimistic but have spat my dummy out big time after that shambles. Absolutely speechless.

Onwards and upwards ayy lads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back