Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Rooney's gonna return next season. These new owners attracted big names to the Padres - and I'd imagine they'd be keen on investing a good bit into the squad to bring big names to the club i.e. Rooney, Yarmolenko and the like. Rooney would likely be our record signing (I'd imagine £40-50m) but if he's a real blue he'll have to accept his wages being cut (Not many clubs can afford to pay a player 300 grand a week). Yarmolenko is almost a certainty if the squad is invested in as his wages are surprisingly low (£70-ish grand if I recall correctly).

I wonder if Rooney's gonna return next season. These new owners attracted big names to the Padres - and I'd imagine they'd be keen on investing a good bit into the squad to bring big names to the club i.e. Rooney, Yarmolenko and the like. Rooney would likely be our record signing (I'd imagine £40-50m) but if he's a real blue he'll have to accept his wages being cut (Not many clubs can afford to pay a player 300 grand a week). Yarmolenko is almost a certainty if the squad is invested in as his wages are surprisingly low (£70-ish grand if I recall correctly).
If we spend 40-50m on Rooney I'd fume

He's 31 this year ffs, anything north of £30m would be an absolute rip off!

My mate who lives in Atlanta reckons Rooney is going to Atlanta FC when they sort it out.

I called him a tit and told him to shut up though.

Cech is an anomaly though...

Of the others i like Begovic as until his last season he was very good at stoke but hes taken a reserve role out of choice...the rest no.

Need to go for a much higher quality.
Come on buddy, you're dying to give some examples.
And I'm genuinely interested in who you come up with...

Wouldn't pay an outrageous amount like that to get Rooney back for his twilight years. Decent player but he's hardly going to start ahead of Ross or Rom who are improving year on year.

Players do improve, especially with minutes.
Look at Fabianski, for example.

Plus many of the bigger clubs have two top keepers, we have none. we shouldn't be turning our noses up at number 2s who are better than our number 1

Agreed...the lad who started terribly at Spurs and is now at Watford(Gomes?) has been excellent this season.

Why would stoke sell butland for 20m? Theyll be getting a similar amount of tv money to what we're getting.

Think this in a nutshell will be the premier league as a whole with the new TV deal, teams won't sell their top players for anything less than stupid money £40 million+. A consequence of that is outside of the top 3 or 4 clubs I think teams (especially the middle pack and I include us in that) will now finish in the table based on their managers ability to scout quality players from abroad/lower leagues and also the organisation ability of the manager.

Do think Rooney may be back here next year, only if Rom leaves though. £10/15mil max for me though.

I wouldn't pay money for him. No sane person would. He's old, he's past his best, he is in terrible shape for his age (for a footballer) and he doesn't have the diet and lifestyle dedication like someone such as Distin.

I wouldn't pay money for him. No sane person would. He's old, he's past his best, he is in terrible shape for his age (for a footballer) and he doesn't have the diet and lifestyle dedication like someone such as Distin.

He's only 30 lad fgs. Barry's been our best player this year and he's 35.

Past his best, yes, but the level he's at now would still have a very good impact on our younger players.

You can't question his attitude either, that's ridiculous. One thing he does have is his dedication to carry on playing. He has never at all had an athletic shape. Heck, he's in better shape now than he was when he came through with us.

Your talking about turning down a potential opportunity to sign a player that has won all their is to win at United, broke the goal-scoring recored for England, and who I think many believe (based on Dunc's testimonial and the fact of his own testimonial being against us) would still love to be back here and would thrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back