Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's only 30 lad fgs. Barry's been our best player this year and he's 35.

Past his best, yes, but the level he's at now would still have a very good impact on our younger players.

You can't question his attitude either, that's ridiculous. One thing he does have is his dedication to carry on playing. He has never at all had an athletic shape. Heck, he's in better shape now than he was when he came through with us.

Your talking about turning down a potential opportunity to sign a player that has won all their is to win at United, broke the goal-scoring recored for England, and who I think many believe (based on Dunc's testimonial and the fact of his own testimonial being against us) would still love to be back here and would thrive.

Let's put it this way:

Would you like Eto'o back?

There is no other reason to take Rooney over someone like Eto'o, Van Persie etc. other than "eez a blew!" They're all past their best. Move on.

If there was no fee for Rooney we just might be able to justify his wages over a couple of years. Shirt sales, increased profile from signing a player like Rooney might lead to some new commercial income streams , but even at that it would be marginal.

Regarding Butland, are people on a wind up or a little simple upstairs. Stoke are spending as much if not more than we are. We are not in the CL and won't be next season either. Why would Stoke sell him ? , are we so attractive as a club at the moment that he would agitate for a move to us ?

I think the Norwich keeper seems to be a very good prospect, is still very young and may be more affordable.

If there was no fee for Rooney we just might be able to justify his wages over a couple of years. Shirt sales, increased profile from signing a player like Rooney might lead to some new commercial income streams , but even at that it would be marginal.

Regarding Butland, are people on a wind up or a little simple upstairs. Stoke are spending as much if not more than we are. We are not in the CL and won't be next season either. Why would Stoke sell him ? , are we so attractive as a club at the moment that he would agitate for a move to us ?

I think the Norwich keeper seems to be a very good prospect, is still very young and may be more affordable.
He's been terrible lately apparently. The Norwich fans want him dropped.

Let's put it this way:

Would you like Eto'o back?

There is no other reason to take Rooney over someone like Eto'o, Van Persie etc. other than "eez a blew!" They're all past their best. Move on.

No, but Rooney isn't a footballing mercenary like Eto'o had become. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Whatever his history with leaving us, he is still an Evertonian. He comes to our games, he brings his kids up to support us.

If there was an opportunity to bring him in, as an experienced head who's won it all and played at the highest level since he was 18, then yes, I think we'd be stupid not to go for it - and I can guarantee you Martinez would want him, just as he wanted Barry.

He's been terrible lately apparently. The Norwich fans want him dropped.
It can be difficult for any keeper behind a team that is not playing well. I think the same applies to Tim Howard , there are some on here who would blame Howard for every goal we have conceded this season just about when the truth is that injuries and loss of form by outfield players is just as big a cause for our poor results.

Playing in goals for Norwich in their current form can't be fun.

No, but Rooney isn't a footballing mercenary like Eto'o had become. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Whatever his history with leaving us, he is still an Evertonian. He comes to our games, he brings his kids up to support us.

If there was an opportunity to bring him in, as an experienced head who's won it all and played at the highest level since he was 18, then yes, I think we'd be stupid not to go for it - and I can guarantee you Martinez would want him, just as he wanted Barry.
Rooney back to Everton would be great in many respects, he would be a huge influence on our talented young players, it would revitalise his career and probably extend his time in the Premiership......but , the cost of the deal!!!!

With Rooney, he will have a big decision to make soon. He is obviously extremely wealthy, and hopefully been well advised to have plans to ensure he can eke out an existence for his family for the next 40 or 50 years from what he now has, plus what he will earn in the next 5 years say.

I say that cos I cannot see him making a comparable living from football post retirement.

So, if he needs one last pay day, (wouldnt blame him), just to make sure he will be ok, China/US calling.

If not, then Everton might be an option.

With Rooney, he will have a big decision to make soon. He is obviously extremely wealthy, and hopefully been well advised to have plans to ensure he can eke out an existence for his family for the next 40 or 50 years from what he now has, plus what he will earn in the next 5 years say.

I say that cos I cannot see him making a comparable living from football post retirement.

So, if he needs one last pay day, (wouldnt blame him), just to make sure he will be ok, China/US calling.

If not, then Everton might be an option.

Just don't see Rooney leaving England mate tbh, if that means he ever ends up at Everton or not is another matter ofc.

New owner, go get Rooney back, go get Yarmolenko, go get Butland and go get some quality centre mid - should only cost us a total of 120m like so no sweat with our new Chinese overlords lol

Might have to. You just never know the state, or otherwise, of a family's real finances, public eye or not.

True enough mate, but his wife is supposedly a real home bird as well by all accounts, no idea what his spending has been like, but can't remember any stories about him being overly extravagant coming out which I'm sure they would have by now - think he's stayed clear of dodgy investments which seem to be the bane of a fair few players as well.

Lot will depend on what happens with LVG as well and if he goes who replaces him, still much as i'd love to see him here next season think that it's just not something that financially makes sense for us or him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back