Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
We drop Ross deeper.

The more and more I see him the more I think that would be a complete waste. Had the opposite opinion two seasons ago though.
You say that but for me the midfield three system we have at the moment is working well, and Ross is playing great in that playmaker role. I don't see the point in dropping him back to accommodate someone who isn't particularly a sure thing in the Premier League, has scored a 40 yard banger and some nice free kicks. Ross has been better than him this season so why change what is working. We should look at dropping Ross back when Barry has gone as we might need to change the system slightly then.

We ought to be building this team around Ross and not vice versa

Rooney's on a million a month, not a chance he'd drop down enough to fit into our wage structure even if he wanted to.

Don't think Rooney would come home. It is now or never. When he is 34 I stress that we might not need him...or he will do a Barry?

Every footballer is a mercenary the moment they leave their first club. Nothing wrong with it, but that's how it is.
why make a distinction about their first Club?
I'd say the majority of players start off playing for teams they don't support/necessarily like. It's a job. You get a start somewhere and move somewhere better if you can, just like normal life for the rest of us.
is Coleman a mercenary for leaving Sligo Rovers? Baines for leaving Wigan? or McCarthy for leaving Hamilton Academical?

why make a distinction about their first Club?
I'd say the majority of players start off playing for teams they don't support/necessarily like. It's a job. You get a start somewhere and move somewhere better if you can, just like normal life for the rest of us.
is Coleman a mercenary for leaving Sligo Rovers? Baines for leaving Wigan? or McCarthy for leaving Hamilton Academical?

Yes, yes and yes.

Learn this, people. As you said, it's a job, and mercenaries will go to the best place for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back