Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
CL is irrelevant if you're sat on the bench mate. I'd rather be playing every week for a team that won't get relegated and might challenge for Europe.

Not irrelevant if you are in the squad though.

I kind of agree, I personally would rather play as many games as possible, but the attraction of a top club, London, one injury away from CL, realistic chance of silverware, aint something I would hold against him.

CL is irrelevant if you're sat on the bench mate. I'd rather be playing every week for a team that won't get relegated and might challenge for Europe.

He wasn't going to be playing for Stoke every week for he had slipped down the pecking order and it was widely rumoured that Hughes had told him that Butland was going to be first choice for season 2015/16 on

It was his chance for a big move as a 28 year old and he took it. He also played a hell of a lot of football due to Courtois' injury and was probably promised all the cup games etc by Mourinho.

He's still a good goalkeeper but probably never gonna be a 'top class' one. Definitely better than what we've got but I'm hoping Robles can take his chance.

If Stones goes that way and Begovic comes this way plus £30M would everyone say it's a good deal?

no Dave Begovic was sold for 8m, his stock is no higher than last summer - could argue its lowered, stones regardless of his form is still massively in demand and worth 50m in this crazy market at least

would take him here in a heartbeat mind, he's not in the world class bracket like lloris and degea etc but hes the best of the rest, right age, right experience and not someone whose built his rep on one or two good years

no Dave Begovic was sold for 8m, his stock is no higher than last summer - could argue its lowered, stones regardless of his form is still massively in demand and worth 50m in this crazy market at least

would take him here in a heartbeat mind, he's not in the world class bracket like lloris and degea etc but hes the best of the rest, right age, right experience and not someone whose built his rep on one or two good years
Well, I'm all for the highest amount we can get, obviously. Maybe he goes to the Euros and has a stormer and his stock soars. Maybe. But if that doesn't happen we saw last summer that suitor clubs have a definite valuation on Stones that wont see them going way into the £30M-£40M bracket. As said, his troubles here of late wont have gone unnoticed and will be used in negotiations against us.

I said later in the thread that £35M plus (a £6M-£8M valued?) Begovic might look very tempting to Martinez. £42M deal let's say. I'd understand perfectly if that were taken....Euro2016 performance notwithstanding.

Well, I'm all for the highest amount we can get, obviously. Maybe he goes to the Euros and has a stormer and his stock soars. Maybe. But if that doesn't happen we saw last summer that suitor clubs have a definite valuation on Stones that wont see them going way into the £30M-£40M bracket. As said, his troubles here of late wont have gone unnoticed and will be used in negotiations against us.

I said later in the thread that £35M plus (a £6M-£8M valued?) Begovic might look very tempting to Martinez. £42M deal let's say. I'd understand perfectly if that were taken....Euro2016 performance notwithstanding.

Rather not even contemplate selling him myself mate, but looking at it from the outside have to say i think he will go in the summer - UNLESS the new owners make a point out of not selling any starter to make a statement with the fans, think a more likely scenario is they will sell him and throw the money at Martinez or whoever they choose to replace him - should they go that route.

Regardless of what happens though we should be all over Begovic

Rather not even contemplate selling him myself mate, but looking at it from the outside have to say i think he will go in the summer - UNLESS the new owners make a point out of not selling any starter to make a statement with the fans, think a more likely scenario is they will sell him and throw the money at Martinez or whoever they choose to replace him - should they go that route.

Regardless of what happens though we should be all over Begovic
If there are new owners it'd be precisely the wrong start to agree to sell players like Stones. They'd already be viewed suspiciously, so that would be a no go, IMO. I doubt there'll be a resolution to the ownership question in the near future. This is Everton and the tendency for these pantomimes to run and run is written into the DNA or our recent history. If that's the case and we have the same owners and the valuation is above where it was last summer, that might seal the deal.

Interestingly, if he does go I dont think the new Chelsea boss whoever that is will be in any hurry to sign a player hotly pursued by Mourinho - if he was a roaring success there it'd just be seen as underlining how Jose would have got this season right and made a good call but didn't land him. Which would detract from whoever goes there to manage. More likely City will move for him with Guardiola in as boss...and that could well see the price met.

If there are new owners it'd be precisely the wrong start to agree to sell players like Stones. They'd already be viewed suspiciously, so that would be a no go, IMO. I doubt there'll be a resolution to the ownership question in the near future. This is Everton and the tendency for these pantomimes to run and run is written into the DNA or our recent history. If that's the case and we have the same owners and the valuation is above where it was last summer, that might seal the deal.

Interestingly, if he does go I dont think the new Chelsea boss whoever that is will be in any hurry to sign a player hotly pursued by Mourinho - if he was a roaring success there it'd just be seen as underlining how Jose would have got this season right and made a good call but didn't land him. Which would detract from whoever goes there to manage. More likely City will move for him with Guardiola in as boss...and that could well see the price met.

Yep, or United if Mourinho does end up there.

Now I don't want Stones to leave at all. But being realistic I think he is the one most likely to go - though we'd definitely make sure we'll get more than a fair price.

I understand the worry about selling our best players but I honestly feel that so many young players at the moment feel playing regularly in the prem is the best place to be - pretty much summed up by what Lukaku said last week. And PL teams no longer have to cave in when a big-money club comes calling, as they're all 'big money' clubs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back