Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, or United if Mourinho does end up there.

Now I don't want Stones to leave at all. But being realistic I think he is the one most likely to go - though we'd definitely make sure we'll get more than a fair price.

I understand the worry about selling our best players but I honestly feel that so many young players at the moment feel playing regularly in the prem is the best place to be - pretty much summed up by what Lukaku said last week. And PL teams no longer have to cave in when a big-money club comes calling, as they're all 'big money' clubs now.
I was just saying in reply to you in the other thread that we get better results with more conservatism in the defensive third, so a sale of Stones wouldn't be as bad as losing Barkley or Lukaku as far as I'm concerned.

Agree with the exasperation. Stones has had a bad patch of form. He's still an incredible prospect we should be building around. Hopefully the mistakes help him realize he can still learn a lot here and cool the interest from bigger clubs in the short term.

#1 priority has got to be finding a new keeper who inspires some confidence in the back four imo.

I watched Pique at a younger age and his positioning was almost perfect...and I dont say that lightly because I cant stand the tit. Stones is not a CB mate. This is something you'll learn over time, stand on me with this.

I would love nothing better than to stand on you David.

I also watched Pique, he was older and spent 4 years at United and made 23 apps, you could tell he was a good player, but you didnt watch every minute he played, you didnt see his mistakes, plus he had a proper Keeper behind him.

I was just saying in reply to you in the other thread that we get better results with more conservatism in the defensive third, so a sale of Stones wouldn't be as bad as losing Barkley or Lukaku as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe not but it would definitely be a loss.

I'd still have Stones in my first choice XI. I like Mori but Stones is still a class above, IMO

I would love nothing better than to stand on you David.

I also watched Pique, he was older and spent 4 years at United and made 23 apps, you could tell he was a good player, but you didnt watch every minute he played, you didnt see his mistakes, plus he had a proper Keeper behind him.

I didn't see every minute he played, no. But he was quite obviously a cut above.

Stones: I dont see a CB there tbh. I do think he'll prosper as a very good Carrick-type deep lying CM....better than him, in fact.

Imo, too cavalier for what we need right now as a team.

Hmm it depends.

I think there was a period just after Christmas where I think he did make mistakes, and I stuck up for him then.

As you said yourself in the other thread, we looked fine with Stones in that defence at the start of the season.

I think it's been a combination of things but he was in good form when Jagielka first got injured and lead our defence as well as you could expect a 21 year old to.

Saying that, I don't think this tough period followed by an injury/rest will do him any harm in the long run.

Ha Ha Ha.

I have no idea how watching Kone must make you feel then.

FG3ACB1HJ6010K4.MEDIUM.jpg

Sevilla were bidding for other keepers in Jan.

Kameni would be a totally bizarre signing...why would he even be on our radar?
Yes as a replacement for Beto who hasn't played to his high standards recently.

Do you watch La Liga? I have since January last year and Kameni has been absolutely amazing, their was a decline in his career but he has got back to his best. Also he only has a small release clause so sign him for maybe the price of selling Howard then we can use money for other areas of the pitch. Just a suggestion mate

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back