Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be ecstatic if we got begovic! He's strong, experienced and marshalls his defence! I would be so happy, I think my clacker might prolapse?

He's not had a great season, tbf. Negotiating clubs will point to his dropping from the first team and ropey form.

Maybe. If he is off, would rather see stupid cash, or at least interest from more than one club, not a make weight in another deal.

Maybe. If he is off, would rather see stupid cash, or at least interest from more than one club, not a make weight in another deal.
But a GK of his quality would be tough to get hold of and we'd face stiff competition for his signature, that's for sure. I'd much rather we address this GK position once and for all with a keeper we know will perform to a very high standard. £30M-£35M on top to sort out a replacement for Stones plus a decent understudy for Coleman would be a good deal.

But a GK of his quality would be tough to get hold of and we'd face stiff competition for his signature, that's for sure. I'd much rather we address this GK position once and for all with a keeper we know will perform to a very high standard. £30M-£35M on top to sort out a replacement for Stones plus a decent understudy for Coleman would be a good deal.

Wouldnt disagree.

But I would rather lob £8 - £10m at Chelsea for the keeper, and have an auction for Stones.

But as you say, combined deal of circa £45m aint too shabby.

I'm very wary of any goalkeeper who willingly gives up first team footy to go and sit at the bench elsewhere. Begovic was very good a few years ago, now I'm not convinced he's the sort of player we should be after. Want em full of hunger, not just happy to pick up a pay cheque.

I'm very wary of any goalkeeper who willingly gives up first team footy to go and sit at the bench elsewhere. Begovic was very good a few years ago, now I'm not convinced he's the sort of player we should be after. Want em full of hunger, not just happy to pick up a pay cheque.

First team Stoke, versus 2nd pick at Chelsea? (Before they went poop). CL? League challenge?

Wouldnt hold that against him.

Maybe, but I think he was caught up at Chelsea with the Mourinho business and the manager that bought him has gone now. It'd be understandable if he wanted a fresh start away from that horrible Chelsea dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back