Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester United have speny over 300 million on players and yet who pulls up from a lost cause, a young man who cost nothing, ayoung man who was picked only in the words of the manager "I had no one else".
Our future is not with spending £100s of millions on £120,000 plus wages.
We have them already, try watching the under 21s or the under 18s or read about the 17 and 18-year-olds on loan.
Stop salivating on how quick you can blow £100m, and try looking at all behind the headlines.
Oh and please stop having countless conversations about players we would never sign.
Fed up of reading rubbish on some of these threads.

This money just means that we can be safe in the knowledge that the manager gets all the funds from a player sale to invest back in the squad.

E.g. If we sell Stones for £50mil, and then lets say we manage to accumulate around £15mil in fees/saved wages from the likes of Kev (i'd imagine he'll go), Osman, Pienaar, McGeady, Gibson etc. we'd be looking at £65mil - plus whatever budget we had available.

Also, I wouldn't be so quick to pin on Stones entirely. It's a factor, but our improvement has also combined with Joel (who Stones has looked much better in front of) coming in, as well as the return to full match fitness of Jagielka and McCarthy.
I'm not soley blaming Stones no, what i mean is Over the long term, perhaps martinez hasnt got the best coaching set up for him, and its partly down to not getting the kick up the arse which has him turning a striker in his own box twice! Since he has been out, keeper change or not, the defence has looked assured and havn't been gambling with the ball in comparison.

If anything this is a compromise with Martinez lol Sign better defensive player, pocked huge transfer income to strengthen elsewhere, more chance of our season starting in august rather than February next season.

and saying all that i'm not saying at all i want to sell Stones, because i don't really want to sell any of our young players, stones is a future captain here which i would love to see. If Roberto bought a defensive coach in that guided stones the right way then problem solved!

Manchester United have speny over 300 million on players and yet who pulls up from a lost cause, a young man who cost nothing, ayoung man who was picked only in the words of the manager "I had no one else".
Our future is not with spending £100s of millions on £120,000 plus wages.
We have them already, try watching the under 21s or the under 18s or read about the 17 and 18-year-olds on loan.
Stop salivating on how quick you can blow £100m, and try looking at all behind the headlines.
Oh and please stop having countless conversations about players we would never sign.
Fed up of reading rubbish on some of these threads.
Maybe stop reading it threads then? People can and will dream about this, no harm in it at all, the euphoria of the situation has people dreaming like we haven't been able to in years. Long may it continue and let's see what happens in the future.

But one thing is certain the future is very very bright.

On the subject of any player investment and what other clubs have done, it's not the amount of money spent it's who you buy, and we seem to buy players who fit in with the ethos and spirit of this club so I'm not worried.

I'm not soley blaming Stones no, what i mean is Over the long term, perhaps martinez hasnt got the best coaching set up for him, and its partly down to not getting the kick up the arse which has him turning a striker in his own box twice! Since he has been out, keeper change or not, the defence has looked assured and havn't been gambling with the ball in comparison.

If anything this is a compromise with Martinez lol Sign better defensive player, pocked huge transfer income to strengthen elsewhere, more chance of our season starting in august rather than February next season.

and saying all that i'm not saying at all i want to sell Stones, because i don't really want to sell any of our young players, stones is a future captain here which i would love to see. If Roberto bought a defensive coach in that guided stones the right way then problem solved!

I agree on the whole though I do think a lot of Stones' mistakes have been overblown.

He was superb pre-Christmas, but had a few shaky games around the festive period. That thing against Spurs, he really was in no trouble (he was in total control and only the fans started panicking). The main thing that was obvious to me is that he just wanted to keep it away from Howard - he genuinely didn't trust Howard in that situation. Three days later against City, in a similar scenario, he played a back pass straight to Joel.

That to me was proved against Swansea where the total breakdown in trust between him and Howard cost us (both due to a sloppy pass and Howard doing a Howard).

Now, I'm not saying he should come straight back in as Mori is doing well, and I know you're not one of the ones actively wanting us to sell Stones as a minority do.

If he does go, we'll get mega money for him and I do think he's the most likely, of our big young players, to leave. However, this new investment at least means we'll see the financial benefits of selling him reflected in squad investment, and there is also the added factor that we can now offer him a contract to try and keep him here longer.

Rumour has it that Wayne Rooney has just taken delivery of some Persian rugs, a sweetener perhaps?

In all seriousness, Rooney would be a great signing now I think, though a lot depends on his latest injury.

The boost it would give back to the club would be superb and I think to the player himself it would be almost a new lease of life.

He's come on strong for Utd since the turn of the year and has been the only reason they've managed to stay in the top 6 since then.

He'd be a real leader on the pitch and somebody that's seen and won all their is to win domestically.

From a footballing point of view, for the right price, it would make perfect sense for both parties - if United are indeed willing to sell.

what do you know about hunger ??? hahahaha
oh wow.. you couldn't make it up.

Anyway, Agbonlahor for 2 million on a 2 year contract. Could be a supersub.
l2aOs0K.gif

Just.. stop it.

No gif's in the everton forum is the general rule mate, not tryna play the ref, just a friendly heads up. For the sake of the forum I should be reporting posts like yours but because i'm a nice guy I won't make an issue out of it. No need to thank me.
In general the Welsh are very friendly simple folk. Thank you my good man. x

My missus is Welsh and she'd batter me if I made welsh jokes.

Last edited:
Maybe stop reading it threads then? People can and will dream about this, no harm in it at all, the euphoria of the situation has people dreaming like we haven't been able to in years. Long may it continue and let's see what happens in the future.

But one thing is certain the future is very very bright.

On the subject of any player investment and what other clubs have done, it's not the amount of money spent it's who you buy, and we seem to buy players who fit in with the ethos and spirit of this club so I'm not worried.
Yes, you are right I will stop reading this thread, especially as some poster says TORRES, Athletico Madrid, 1s top notch.
There's dreaming my friend, then with dreams become nightmares, I wonder if the Chelsea chairman still has sweet £50m dream , or does he wake in a cold sweat.

In all seriousness, Rooney would be a great signing now I think, though a lot depends on his latest injury.

The boost it would give back to the club would be superb and I think to the player himself it would be almost a new lease of life.

He's come on strong for Utd since the turn of the year and has been the only reason they've managed to stay in the top 6 since then.

He'd be a real leader on the pitch and somebody that's seen and won all their is to win domestically.

From a footballing point of view, for the right price, it would make perfect sense for both parties - if United are indeed willing to sell.
Never won the FA Cup strangely enough

I'm fairly sure we're going to sign him. It makes total sense. It raises our profile, he loves the club so would actually come, and it could act as a catalyst for other top-tier players to at least consider us.

It would also demonstrate to our star players that we mean business and they should stick around.

It doesn't really matter how he'd perform on the pitch. It's more about the signal it would send.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back