Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly dont think we need a massive over haul and this 100million being touted for spends i wouldnt really welcome either, spurs and liverpool both made that mistake and spurs have now sold most of the players they bought with the bale money at a loss and liverpool are stuck with a squad of 70 odd players, all bang average.

The thing this money may help with is keeping Stones, Rom, Barkley & Geri. Ad if we can add one or two players along the way then great.

Add to that players such as Mori, Besic, Lennon, McCarthy, Coleman, Galloway, Jags, Baines, Barry add players coming through such as Dowell, Kenny, Ledson, Brewster & Walsh we have the basis of a very good team already that just needs a couple of tweeks.

Plus we have Naisse & Shania Twain who have just signed to add to an already big squad

I honestly dont think we need a massive over haul and this 100million being touted for spends i wouldnt really welcome either, spurs and liverpool both made that mistake and spurs have now sold most of the players they bought with the bale money at a loss and liverpool are stuck with a squad of 70 odd players, all bang average.

The thing this money may help with is keeping Stones, Rom, Barkley & Geri. Ad if we can add one or two players along the way then great.

Add to that players such as Mori, Besic, Lennon, McCarthy, Coleman, Galloway, Jags, Baines, Barry add players coming through such as Dowell, Kenny, Ledson, Brewster & Walsh we have the basis of a very good team already that just needs a couple of tweeks.

Plus we have Naisse & Shania Twain who have just signed to add to an already big squad

The £100mil will be his total investment in the club is my view mate. E.g. covering all the bases of corporate and commercial performance, debts and then playing staff. Combine this with the influx of TV money which of course we borrowed against to buy Lukaku by all accounts.

As you said, no massive overhaul needed. A few tweaks needed here and there as it stands.

If a big player leaves, it means we'll get all that money to spend from their sale on the squad though.

I actually don't think we need a major overhaul, if we can keep all the first teamers and most of the bench, then add a top class goalkeeper and Yarmelenko for the left hand side, I think we will be in good position. There are probably one or two we could move on and get younger, better replacements in.

If lukaku Barkley stones all sign long term we sign 2 boss players like yarmolenko and top striker need a keeper to replace Howard
Not expecting massive spree.

Rooney would be a statement signing to our current best players and to the rest of the league that we mean business. It would also be quite nice (i know some will never forgive him and i can understand that) to see Rooney almost lead us into a new exciting era. At 30 he still has 2-3 years in him and for himself and England a move home where he'll be passionate again might get the best out of him.

This.
Three quality players max more would be disruption .... Yarmolenko, Rooney and Messi would bring a smile to my tear soaked Everton fan face.

Rooney has aged poorly, has a ton of "mileage," is demonstrably past his prime, is actively declining, and is insanely, preposterously overpaid. we should sign him only if there is no real transfer fee, and he is willing to take lower wages than Lukaku, now a vastly superior player. if he wants to indulge in the "romance" of a return, let him subsidize it, not us. otherwise, spending and scouting prudently, we could buy half a squad for what he would cost. paying actual money for Rooney would be a kopite move.

Wonder what the odds are on us breaking our transfer record in the summer?

Problem is, the world & his wife know that we have a new investor AND all that lovely TV money to come in so there ain't going to be any bargains now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back