Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's fire Elstone and get Florentino Perez in as CEO, if we are going to waste money we can at least do it properly.

Jordan Pickford is not ready to be Everton number one. Great distribution but a few rash errors. He is only young tho. Be a good signing for the future. I watched him loads of times last year at bradford.

The transfer rumours have started. First one is Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly (Who we've been linked with many times before), the other is Spanish whizkid Alfonso Pedraza.

Now I'd be over the moon with Koulibaly as he's been a big part of Napoli's title push this season but the first rumours aren't exactly spectacular otherwise.

Realistically. We aren't going to be given 100 million straight off the bat too sign players - a lot of money will go on renewing contracts. As we have seen with Besic.

Playing wise, for me relies on the mentality of current players. For example: Goalkeeper, I agree that we should never buy a player with the sole purpose of being back up. However what do we do if Joel proves his worth? I wouldn't want to spend a seemingly needless 30 million on Butland and walk in as first team. And instead buy someone like Kameni, cheap and reliable.

Lukaku, might be persuaded to stay and fight for club with this new found ambition - but he's done nothing of late to reassure us that he wants to be here beyond this season. Same goes for John Stones. Both players have been under par of late. Lukaku less so as his goals have stopped a massive rot.

But who do we replace them with? I have no doubt Stones would be replaced by someone, probably not the same quality.

Lukaku, however, is a lot tougher to replace. Who has that much in his locker (although seems wasted attributes at the moment.) and has such a good goal scoring record that isn't going to cost us a lot? I understand we have bought Niasse - but even the most optimistic of us know he probably won't reach a consist goal return - especially if he is played LW as suggested by Martinez.

Based on this long winded, somewhat wasteful post. My summary, and opinion on what would be a sensible and realistic summer activity:

In:
Yarmolenko (I know, but I feel this could actually get over the line) £25 million

Batshuayi £20 million (Lukaku replacement)

Kameni/ Sirigu <€5 million

RB cover *insert pointless name* hopefully a player like Garbutt but right sides. (I'm not accepting Byram as a sensible reply)

Do we need CM Cover? Barry is getting on, Gibson can't string together any sort of run, Barkley isn't disciplined for box to box (yet) Cleverly is better advanced, Besic is yet to cement himself as a continuous appearance in the side and McCarthy is primarily defence minded. All have their disadvantages which I seem to have pointed out unfairly but oh well

Ridicule welcome

The transfer rumours have started. First one is Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly (Who we've been linked with many times before), the other is Spanish whizkid Alfonso Pedraza.

Now I'd be over the moon with Koulibaly as he's been a big part of Napoli's title push this season but the first rumours aren't exactly spectacular otherwise.

Pay no attention to them. Clickbait.

We've got three months of this season left yet, let's concentrate on that first.

Does any one now how that Algerian CB is getting on at Valencia. The one they signed from Monaco. I liked what I seen of him but slinged watching Valencia a while back

According to his wiki page he's from a 'city' with 836 inhabitants.

It really does make you think what this takeover has done to our potential signings. Whereby previously we would expect 1 marquee signing (yarmelenko) with the possible sale of one of our 'stars' to fund it, I wonder if Martinez and his scouts are now looking at players, who they previously thought where 'out of reach?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back