Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really does make you think what this takeover has done to our potential signings. Whereby previously we would expect 1 marquee signing (yarmelenko) with the possible sale of one of our 'stars' to fund it, I wonder if Martinez and his scouts are now looking at players, who they previously thought where 'out of reach?'

I guess it depends how organised he is. Moyes used to have different levels of players scouted ready, just in case he managed to sell a player for big money, the standard of target changed.

I'd be surprised if Martinez didn't do the same really. We still have no idea how much we'll be spending, but I'd imagine there's a big difference in quality between 3 £10m players and 3 £20m players.

Already wondering if he'd of bought Niasse if he'd known about the takeover. My gut says no.

Pay no attention to them. Clickbait.

We've got three months of this season left yet, let's concentrate on that first.
Totally agree, let's wait to we've counted the cash then speculate who is worthy of the Royal Blue jersey come May.

you are both very sensible, and correct, obviously.

but many on here will no doubt have secretly wanted this sort of investment deal specifically and primarily so they can slightly more plausibly fantasize about their latest FM/FIFA triumphs and exertions coming to fruition.

let the children have their fun, I say, so long as they do their homework, brush their teeth, and are in bed at a reasonable hour, when visions of 94 player ratings and sky sports marketing may dance harmlessly through their heads.

I guess it depends how organised he is. Moyes used to have different levels of players scouted ready, just in case he managed to sell a player for big money, the standard of target changed.

I'd be surprised if Martinez didn't do the same really. We still have no idea how much we'll be spending, but I'd imagine there's a big difference in quality between 3 £10m players and 3 £20m players.

Already wondering if he'd of bought Niasse if he'd known about the takeover. My gut says no.

Sorry mate that makes no sense.

He had been a long term target and we needed a back up forward for the rest of this season and somebody who will be settled for the start of next term.

It really does make you think what this takeover has done to our potential signings. Whereby previously we would expect 1 marquee signing (yarmelenko) with the possible sale of one of our 'stars' to fund it, I wonder if Martinez and his scouts are now looking at players, who they previously thought where 'out of reach?'

I honestly dont see this window being done any differently than it would have been.

We really dont have vast sums to spend.

The aim will be to grow internally, slowly, anybody expecting us to spend 100m is in for a bit of a shock I think.

We will certainly spend a lot of money, but most of that will be from the new TV deal, I cant see us starting at the top, top end, it would make no sense. Martinez will have targets, I cant see the "takeover" changing those targets, but it certainly means we have a better chance of securing them.

The transfer rumours have started. First one is Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly (Who we've been linked with many times before), the other is Spanish whizkid Alfonso Pedraza.

Now I'd be over the moon with Koulibaly as he's been a big part of Napoli's title push this season but the first rumours aren't exactly spectacular otherwise.
This is the club that made you think we were about to be taken over by an American consortium for 3 months when in reality we were about to get taken over by a Saudi billionaire.

You really think you're gonna hear about anything they don't want you to hear about?

Sorry mate that makes no sense.

He had been a long term target and we needed a back up forward for the rest of this season and somebody who will be settled for the start of next term.

Just meant that the level of striker he'd of been able to buy is far greater now than when he bought Niasse, so pondering whether he'd of held off till summer knowing what he knows now. Could be that he really rates the lad and he'd of bought him anyway, as you're saying.

Personally, and obviously I want him to prove me wrong, but I'm not expecting much from Niasse.

I honestly dont see this window being done any differently than it would have been.

The aim will be to grow internally, slowly, anybody expecting us to spend 100m is in for a bit of a shock I think.

We will certainly spend a lot of money, but most of that will be from the new TV deal, I cant see us starting at the top, top end, it would make no sense. Martinez will have targets, I cant see the "takeover" changing those targets, but it certainly means we have a better chance of securing them.

i am confident, and certainly hope, that this is a number made up by knowing click-peddlers. walking into a market screaming "I HAVE 100 MILLION QUID!!!!! I HAVE 100 MILLION QUID!!!!! I HAVE 100 MILLION QUID!!!!!" is not a feature of cost-effective shopping.

i likewise hope and am confident that we will continue to do this sensibly, and to resist the biannual demands from our duller supporters that our transfer windows become in effect more like newcastle's, the kopites', or villa's.

Just meant that the level of striker he'd of been able to buy is far greater now than when he bought Niasse, so pondering whether he'd of held off till summer knowing what he knows now. Could be that he really rates the lad and he'd of bought him anyway, as you're saying.

Personally, and obviously I want him to prove me wrong, but I'm not expecting much from Niasse.

To be honest mate, Mr Kenwright(Yes he deserves that new name for now) was the 1 who signed the cheque to sign Niasse, surely he would have said to El Coco, "By the way lad, next month some pyar mega rich dude is gonna buy us, why dont you hold off till the summer and sign Zlatan".

Basically, I think its safe to assume Martinez knew something regards the takeover when he signed Niasse.

Farhad Moshiri sold 15% of Arsenal on Friday, confirmed a deal for 49.9% of Everton on Saturday, has yet to receive Premier League approval for his latest acquisition and has not got down to the nitty‑gritty of how much Roberto Martínez will have to spend during face‑to‑face talks with the club’s manager. The outline facts may indicate Bill Kenwright’s decade-long search for new investment ended overnight but the truth of the British-Iranian billionaire’s arrival at Goodison Park is quite different. The “new era” that Martínez has proclaimed will not be launched from a standing start.

Everton’s manager does not have a figure for this summer’s transfer budget but he does know that, once the 60-year-old is installed as major shareholder, the days of being outmuscled financially by the likes of West Ham United for Dimitri Payet, as he was last summer, will be over.

The club’s wage cap will be demolished this summer and the first impact will be to convince Ross Barkley, John Stones and Romelu Lukaku to remain the team’s core on long-term contracts. Some will be easier to convince than others. Martínez may prefer to buy young players with rich potential rather than the finished article but it would be out of choice, not necessity, and he can have the pick of both markets. He also accepts that an owner with resources to match Everton’s ambition means greater pressure on his own position. “We want that expectancy and with it the pressure of having to deliver,” he said. “But, remember, there is always pressure.”

A resolution to Everton’s stadium saga is also on Moshiri’s agenda for the summer. The Monaco-based businessman, who retains shares in the Russian mining and steel manufacturing company Metalloinvest, in which long‑time business partner Alisher Usmanov holds the controlling stake, plans to reach a decision on the stadium move in the close season. The options have been explored during the investment process. A redevelopment of Goodison has not been discounted but, after two failed stadium projects on Kenwright’s watch,Everton retain hope of relocating to Walton Hall Park but want backing from Liverpool City Council to do so. The city’s mayor, Joe Anderson, was informed of the imminent investment by Kenwright in London last week.

Robert Elstone, Everton’s chief executive, told the club’s annual general meeting in November that several parties had approached Kenwright. They were Moshiri, the American investors John Jay Moores and Charles Noell plus a consortium from the Middle East. Everton’s chairman, who has always liked to draw comparisons between the club of his childhood and Arsenal, is understood to have favoured a single investor with a long-term vision. The initial deal was a complicated process with Moshiri’s 49.9% representing a purchase of Robert Earl’s 23% stake plus shares diluted from Kenwright’s 26% holding and Jon Woods’s 19%. After an interim period of working alongside the Everton chairman, Moshiri has an agreement to become majority shareholder. The financial landscape at Goodison, however, will change as soon as the billionaire receives Premier League approval. “Of course it will help us keep our best players,” Martínez said before the game at Aston Villa on Tuesday night. “In our structure you’re always going to have some sort of limitations from a financial point of view. That’s where we are as a football club. Now, with a new investor this is a new beginning, it’s a new start for Everton. If we’re here, now we can go here [points up] internally in terms of budgets, in terms of facilities, in terms of wage bill. The new TV deal helps you up to a point. What we’re talking about here is a completely different approach.”

Martínez does not expect Everton to be transformed into Champions League contenders overnight. He admits the likes of Stones and Lukaku will have to buy into Moshiri’s plan to resist overtures from other Premier League and European admirers this summer.

“We need to create a football club that the player wants to be part of,” he explained. “It is no good us saying: ‘Yes, we will keep such and such.’ If they don’t want to stay it will be the wrong investment. But if ‘such and such’ want to stay, can we make them stay? The answer now is yes. It is as simple as that. Every case is an individual case. Ross Barkley, for example, is an Evertonian. He can get at Everton anything he could get at another club. And it is his club. So that’s that answer. Everyone else, we don’t know what their aims are and what they want to do but we will never lose a player now because we are unable to give him what he deserves, put it that way.”

Martínez has held talks with Moshiri – he also met Moores and Noell during their due diligence on Everton’s books – but insists the budget at his disposal, and it is not unrealistic to claim it will be the biggest in the club’s history this summer, is for another day. The Everton manager said: “We haven’t had that sort of detailed discussion yet. Everything still needs to be confirmed by the Premier League and then we’ll sit down and I’ll have to make him aware of where we are in football terms and what we need. I think it’s more about the type of person we are getting at the club.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...erto-martinez-farhad-moshiri?CMP=share_btn_tw

To be honest mate, Mr Kenwright(Yes he deserves that new name for now) was the 1 who signed the cheque to sign Niasse, surely he would have said to El Coco, "By the way lad, next month some pyar mega rich dude is gonna buy us, why dont you hold off till the summer and sign Zlatan".

Basically, I think its safe to assume Martinez knew something regards the takeover when he signed Niasse.

Probably right to be fair. And yes, definitely deserves to be called Mr Kenwright after pulling this one off.

The thing is that we needed a player in jan for that role.

Even if we had had the money influx by then, the players available in Jan are limited anyway. I genuinely am cautiously optimistic he'll be a good signing for us.

It's too early to judge either way considering he's played nine minutes for us...

This 100%.

The takeover is probably the difference in been able to chuck another £5mil onto a transfer fee, or another £10k p/week on wages (just as an example) to make sure we get our first choice target(s).

The thing is that we needed a player in jan for that role.

Even if we had had the money influx by then, the players available in Jan are limited anyway. I genuinely am cautiously optimistic he'll be a good signing for us.

It's too early to judge either way considering he's played nine minutes for us...

Players deserve at least 5-10 games to settle in, I'm just put off by the words 'raw' and 'uncoordinated' which I've seen pop up quite a few times. For £13.5m at the age of 25 I hope he's neither of those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back