Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leonardo Rodriguez is supposedly going on loan next season. Probably to a team promoted or vying for promotion. I'd like to see him in a team that play similar to us - whoever that may be

Martinez had already started lining up his targets for the post-season but will now cast his net wider into Europe to find the players who can turn Everton into Champions League contenders.
Huh? I thought that Everton already WERE Champions League contenders? I mean, isn't that why everyone keeps saying '72 points, record points total in PL'?

Yep.

Similar style of player, but means we can go out and get our No.1 target rather than settling for No.2 or No.3.

Not gonna be signing any £40/50mil players but we can bring in quality that we need to really boost our first team.
Oh so we'd have got Ogbonna instead of Funes Mori? Yay

I think we ought to sign a real big name who's getting up there, someone who would have been on Real Madrid's shopping list 5 years ago. A name that has some real star power even if they're a bit past it. Need to raise our profile. We could afford the wages now. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar maybe? Ribery?

I think we ought to sign a real big name who's getting up there, someone who would have been on Real Madrid's shopping list 5 years ago. A name that has some real star power even if they're a bit past it. Need to raise our profile. We could afford the wages now. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar maybe? Ribery?

#BringBackStraq

Let's go the whole hog (as Cameron would say):

I think people might be getting a bit carried away with transfer targets (although I assume a lot is tongue in cheek).

We aren't going to be throwing £40m bids in left right and centre.

The TV money and the takeover means a more level playing field but this isn't a city/Chelsea scenario. I don't expect a £100m transfer budget put it that way.

I think this means an extra £15-20m a season.

What the takeover does provide is scope to improve the club as a whole, improvements in the commercial and business management side of things and a better chance of a new stadium.

Those things are going to allow us to keep up with the likes of Spurs and West Ham (given they have both resolved the stadium issue).

And to be honest, I think that in itself is enough and gives us a fighting chance at winning trophies.

I think people might be getting a bit carried away with transfer targets (although I assume a lot is tongue in cheek).

We aren't going to be throwing £40m bids in left right and centre.

The TV money and the takeover means a more level playing field but this isn't a city/Chelsea scenario. I don't expect a £100m transfer budget put it that way.

I think this means an extra £15-20m a season.

What the takeover does provide is scope to improve the club as a whole, improvements in the commercial and business management side of things and a better chance of a new stadium.

Those things are going to allow us to keep up with the likes of Spurs and West Ham (given they have both resolved the stadium issue).

And to be honest, I think that in itself is enough and gives us a fighting chance at winning trophies.

I agree we won't be spending like City or Chelsea, and we don't need to to be competitive. However, with the new TV deal and the new investment we may be able to bid for one player at the 40m+ mark, and it's that kind of player we need in the squad to really push us to the next level. It also possibly means we can sign a player like Yarmalenko and still have money to spend on another big signing.

All this squad needs is to retain the players we have and add a couple of really top notch players and then we'd really be in business.

I agree we won't be spending like City or Chelsea, and we don't need to to be competitive. However, with the new TV deal and the new investment we may be able to bid for one player at the 40m+ mark, and it's that kind of player we need in the squad to really push us to the next level. It also possibly means we can sign a player like Yarmalenko and still have money to spend on another big signing.

All this squad needs is to retain the players we have and add a couple of really top notch players and then we'd really be in business.

If we finish 8th+ we get approx £50mil extra in tv revenues.

We also have:
Howard
Hibbert
Gibson
Pienaar
Osman

off the wage bill + possibly
McAleny
McGeady
Mirallas
Kone

leaving as well.

So with £50+ mil additional and 5-9 wages off the books we could do a fair bit of damage already and thats BEFORE Moshiri injects any additional cash or any transfer fees however small are added.

Personally i have no idea how much we will spend but i would think we would have AT LEAST £50mil on transfers and the wages of those above to cover the incoming players.

I think 3 big signings to be made in key postions.

You reckon we could get him mate.

Got enough blooming wingers as it stands lad, depends on who we sell in the summer. Think Mirallas and Geads will go. Think Sisto's a decent prospect, he's got bags of pace and energy but unproven in a top league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back