Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veloso & Gusev - contracts up this summer
Kacheridi 1 year left
Dragovic, Vida (no.3 cb), Silva, Garmash, Rybalka, Moraes, Morozchuk (backup rb) - contracts all up in two years

So yeah Dragovic is in that bracket of players mate, discounting backups, 7-8 of their starting team is out of contract in 2 years.

It's why i was saying if the owner dicks around Yarmolenko he could end up with nearly the entire first team squad running down contracts to avoid being stuck their permanently should any big offers from abroad come in
Cheers

This thread is turning into a fantasy football thread.

Butland shouts crack me up, he is signing a new deal with Stoke. Stoke are currently ahead of us in the table, what would he cost?? 25/30m. What's wrong with Robles??

Stoke probably would be interested In Stones, is that going to happen??

No no no.

Until we challenge for top 4 Jack Butland won't be our keeper.

Reactions: BD1
I want Memphis Depay. I know many will disagree but I think van Gaal has killed his confidence and he'd do wonderfully here. Can't even get a game for them and they need three goals.

His confidence hasn't been killed, he's just a flop. Just like Falcao, Di Maria, Chicharito et al. Plus he'd probably cost a fortune, don't really want him.

I do think we need someone along those lines though i.e. a really skillful, great-to-watch player that can unlock a defense by himself, think a Douglas Costa or a Yarmolenko.

His confidence hasn't been killed, he's just a flop. Just like Falcao, Di Maria, Chicharito et al. Plus he'd probably cost a fortune, don't really want him.

I do think we need someone along those lines though i.e. a really skillful, great-to-watch player that can unlock a defense by himself, think a Douglas Costa or a Yarmolenko.
Falcao a flop ... Yes. Di Maria a flop ... Yes. Chicharito a flop ... What the heck do you mean? He didn't cost a large fee and has consistently scored wherever he's been and however long he gets played in a game. I'm not really sure how a player who has failed would cost a fortune either.

How would you describe what happened to Di Maria, Falcao, Depay? They were very very good before coming to Utd. Di Maria apparently just didn't like anything about the club, league, country ... Falcao had his knee blow up and Depay is just low in confidence. These players just didn't suddenly become crap for no reason.

In what bizarre alternate reality was chicharito a flop ?

I want Memphis Depay. I know many will disagree but I think van Gaal has killed his confidence and he'd do wonderfully here. Can't even get a game for them and they need three goals.
He does seem the kind of player that Martinez would get the best out of but I don't think they'd be ready to get rid of him just yet. LVG has had a negative impact on all of their attacking players, if they replace him in the summer then a new manager would probably want to keep him for a season at least.

Falcao a flop ... Yes. Di Maria a flop ... Yes. Chicharito a flop ... What the heck do you mean? He didn't cost a large fee and has consistently scored wherever he's been and however long he gets played in a game. I'm not really sure how a player who has failed would cost a fortune either.

How would you describe what happened to Di Maria, Falcao, Depay? They were very very good before coming to Utd. Di Maria apparently just didn't like anything about the club, league, country ... Falcao had his knee blow up and Depay is just low in confidence. These players just didn't suddenly become crap for no reason.

Agree on the Hernandez shout. Not a flop at all.

Di Maria just wasn't cut out for the intensity of the Prem and like you said, struggled to settle, simple as, and Falcao has been ruined by that injury.

Depay was used to breezing past players in the Eredivise. Do think he's got a lot of talent but he's very predictable.

Tadic isn't even that's good.

Certainly not good enough to make Everton challenge.

Yarm is where it's at.

Tadic is a very, very good player in the right system.

IMO would be more suited to playing on our left flank than Yarmolenko (nearly always played right wing so would probably take some adjusting plus having to adjust to a new league) would.

He does seem the kind of player that Martinez would get the best out of but I don't think they'd be ready to get rid of him just yet. LVG has had a negative impact on all of their attacking players, if they replace him in the summer then a new manager would probably want to keep him for a season at least.
For the same reason I wanted Moyes to stay there I want LVG to be there as long as possible.

Veloso & Gusev - contracts up this summer
Kacheridi 1 year left
Dragovic, Vida (no.3 cb), Silva, Garmash, Rybalka, Moraes, Morozchuk (backup rb) - contracts all up in two years

So yeah Dragovic is in that bracket of players mate, discounting backups, 7-8 of their starting team is out of contract in 2 years.

It's why i was saying if the owner dicks around Yarmolenko he could end up with nearly the entire first team squad running down contracts to avoid being stuck their permanently should any big offers from abroad come in
I would take that Veloso, decent player and had a good game at the Etihad.

Agree on the Hernandez shout. Not a flop at all.

Di Maria just wasn't cut out for the intensity of the Prem and like you said, struggled to settle, simple as, and Falcao has been ruined by that injury.

Depay was used to breezing past players in the Eredivise. Do think he's got a lot of talent but he's very predictable.
I think Depay's Netherlands performances pre Utd get overlooked often.

http://futbolgrad.com/yevhen-khacheridi-a-defensive-tower-for-everton/

Yevhen Khacheridi – A Defensive Tower for Everton?
FUTBOLGRAD
on March 16, 2016 at 2:02 am
The Ukrainian sports page Tribuna reported on Tuesday March 15 that the Liverpool-based club Everton has renewed its interest in Dynamo Kyiv’s 28-year-old defender Yevhen Khacheridi.

Tribuna based its report on the comments made by the Futbol 1 reporter Andrei Stolyarchuk during the broadcast of the Champions League match between Manchester City and Dynamo Kyiv. Stolyarchuk has learned that Khacheridi is considered the number one replacement for Everton defender John Stones, who is expected to join Chelsea or Manchester City in the summer.

Khacheridi already had an offer from Everton during the January transfer window, but the Ukrainian defender rejected a move to England at the time, as he wanted to play the Champions League round of 16 with Dynamo Kyiv. At the time, however, it was speculated whether a move could be in the cards for the summer.

Khacheridi was not the only Dynamo player that Everton was interested in, as the Merseyside club was reportedly also interested in purchasing Dynamo Kyiv’s super star winger Andriy Yarmolenko—yet only Borussia Dortmund made serious offer for the winger, and it remains unlikely that Everton could land Yarmolenko.

Hence, while Everton seems to be at best an outsider when it comes to landing Yarmolenko they are the favourites to land Khacheridi if he choses to leave Dynamo in the summer.

Khacheridi’s contract is set to expire in July 2017, which means Dynamo would have to sell the defender in the summer if they don’t want to risk loosing him on a free transfer. For Khacheridi this means that he has a major decision to make in the next few months, should he extend his contract and stay in Kyiv, or should he force his club to sell him to a club like Everton in the summer?

In the past the often ruthless style of the defender, if Andoni Goikoetxea was the Bucher of Bilbao then the 198 cm tall Khacheridi is the Kiev Crippler, can be both a blessing and a curse, with the Ukrainian defender not-so-fondly remembered for his needless tackle on Frank Ribéry in the World Cup 2014 qualification play-off game against France; a match which saw Ukraine concede a comfortable first-leg lead.

But Khacheridi, who according to transfermarkt.de is worth €8.5 million, seemed to have learned a lesson from past mistakes. The son of an ethnic Greek father and a Ukrainian mother, he has become a true defensive tower for Dynamo, and in 2014-15 he was one of the central pieces of a Dynamo team that won the Ukrainian championship, the Ukrainian Cup, and reached the semi-final of the UEFA Europa League.

Dynamo Kyiv coach Serhiy Rebrov seemed to have formed Khacheridi from an aggressive defender with a hot head to a defender who manages to translate his aggression into effective defending. This season Khacheridi once again formed an effective partnership with his Austrian defensive partner Aleksandar Dragović, as Dynamo are currently first in the Ukrainian Premier League where they were only scored on seven times in 18 games.

In the Champions League, Dynamo were scored on four times in six matches despite the fact that they faced the likes of FC Porto and Chelsea, and Khacheridi only collected one booking in the Champions League group stage this season. Khacheridi did, however, struggle in the first leg against Manchester City as Dynamo Kyiv lost 3-1 in Kyiv. At the same time much of this could have been due to the fact that Khacheridi, like the entire Dynamo squad, was still trying to find his match fitness after coming off a long winter break.

Khacheridi is now 28 years old, an age at which defenders are considered at their prime, and it might be now indeed time for Khacheridi to try his luck at a top European league, and his physical style of play should be a good fit with the Premier League, and Everton in particular.

@bluestevon @roydo

I think Depay's Netherlands performances pre Utd get overlooked often.

Meh.

He wasn't outstanding for me.

Very good but more just raw pace and defenders not knowing how to pick him up.

He's a good player and has a lot of potential, but dunno if he'll ever have the right attitude to fulfil it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back