Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Yarms doesn't offer that - from what I've seen.

He's more a player who will be devastating when given a bit of space but the thing is we have those players already.

We could do with a player who can operate in those tight little pockets of space. Lennon is a perfect example of a player who can do a bit of both and is doing it very well.

think your seriously underestimating how good yarmolenko is in certain areas mate, lots of his best stuff is effectively one touch give a go type play, think ross and rom when they sometimes link up that way, as i said before though - a major problem is in the Kiev team he is that much better than any other attacking player they have, in a better side youd see a hell of a lot more of him in those areas

100% repped by Kiev mate.

Also, he mentioned that this was the managers first go at preparing a team post winter break.

Didn't know that it was Rebrov's first winter break in charge, explains a lot about how off the pace they've looked since coming back - for an idea how they look - think of us start of last season they way we just didn't look at the races mate.

think your seriously underestimating how good yarmolenko is in certain areas mate, lots of his best stuff is effectively one touch give a go type play, think ross and rom when they sometimes link up that way, as i said before though - a major problem is in the Kiev team he is that much better than any other attacking player they have, in a better side youd see a hell of a lot more of him in those areas

Fair do's mate,

I do think he's a very good player. In no way questioning that.

Just dunno if he's the 'Pienaar-type' that this team is crying out for IMO

Would be delighted if we did get him though

Just re read a pm from this afternoon.

"Highly doubt Surkis will break his promise" Followed by player immediately turning down a huge Chinese offer recently. Think we knew about the Chinese bid though.

Blimey.

Fair do's mate,

I do think he's a very good player. In no way questioning that.

Just dunno if he's the 'Pienaar-type' that this team is crying out for IMO

Would be delighted if we did get him though

Honestly mate i don't think we need a Pienaar type - think we just all get caught up at remembering how good down that side we where with Baines/Pienaar and imagine adding that quality down the left to this team.

Is he Pienaar - nope, but is he he someone who can link up with the other front players really well, create space for others, immediately upgrade our set pieces and someone who will draw a lot of fouls in dangerous areas - yes. Is he someone who will help to set the tempo of a game when he gets on the ball - yup, hopefully we get a chance to see him in blue next season and we can judge for ourselves though :)

Just re read a pm from this afternoon.

"Highly doubt Surkis will break his promise" Followed by player immediately turning down a huge Chinese offer recently. Think we knew about the Chinese bid though.

Blimey.

He will be off in the summer mate, the Kiev team would fall to peices if Surkis went back on letting him go again, they have a lot of players entering the last 1-2 years atm and theyd not be able to get anyone to resign for them otherwise

Looks like his heart isn't in it since the winter break - been playing mediocre in the league since the restart as well (as has the entire Kiev team), reckon the owner is seeing the results of keeping him one window and one broken promise about allowing him to move too many now, plus rushing him back from a knee injury for the first city game hasn't done him any fabvour either.

Think also Kiev aren't a unknown commodity now in Europe like last season, everyone and his dog now knows you shut him down then you stop Kiev a she's their only quality attacking player.

Still reckon if we get him he would be a star for us though - especially given some of the attacking palyers we would have alongside him

Yarmolenko Barkley Deulofeu all feeding Lukaku.

Awesome.

Honestly mate i don't think we need a Pienaar type - think we just all get caught up at remembering how good down that side we where with Baines/Pienaar and imagine adding that quality down the left to this team.

Is he Pienaar - nope, but is he he someone who can link up with the other front players really well, create space for others, immediately upgrade our set pieces and someone who will draw a lot of fouls in dangerous areas - yes. Is he someone who will help to set the tempo of a game when he gets on the ball - yup, hopefully we get a chance to see him in blue next season and we can judge for ourselves though :)

Fair enough mate.

He's certainly got all the physical attributes to be a real star in the Prem, though personally I would love to see us go for Bonaventura. We were really loosely linked back when he was at Atalanta. He's a real quality player but I do doubt he'd leave Milan tbh.

Tadic, if he can't get in the Southampton team, would also be a real coup for us. Gone off the boil a bit but he's top quality when on form. Not an attitude issue as much as he hasn't really suited this new 3-5-2 system that Koeman has played.

Is Dragovic in that 1/2 yr bracket , really looking the part him now....Would be a good signing for us.

Veloso & Gusev - contracts up this summer
Kacheridi 1 year left
Dragovic, Vida (no.3 cb), Silva, Garmash, Rybalka, Moraes, Morozchuk (backup rb) - contracts all up in two years

So yeah Dragovic is in that bracket of players mate, discounting backups, 7-8 of their starting team is out of contract in 2 years.

It's why i was saying if the owner dicks around Yarmolenko he could end up with nearly the entire first team squad running down contracts to avoid being stuck their permanently should any big offers from abroad come in

Fair enough mate.

He's certainly got all the physical attributes to be a real star in the Prem, though personally I would love to see us go for Bonaventura. We were really loosely linked back when he was at Atalanta. He's a real quality player but I do doubt he'd leave Milan tbh.

Tadic, if he can't get in the Southampton team, would also be a real coup for us. Gone off the boil a bit but he's top quality when on form. Not an attitude issue as much as he hasn't really suited this new 3-5-2 system that Koeman has played.

I remember that you like myself really wanted Tadic a few summers ago mate, would still take him here like a shot, got to admit don't really watch any Italian footy mate - but have heard Bonaventura is supposed to be a very good player.

My wishlist for the summer would be Butland, Dragovic/Khacheridi, Tadic, Yarmolenko, Kranevitter, Alcacer.

6 quality players but unless we find 150m+ from somewhere then no chance on earth, realistically think 4 of those are obtainable by us though

I remember that you like myself really wanted Tadic a few summers ago mate, would still take him here like a shot, got to admit don't really watch any Italian footy mate - but have heard Bonaventura is supposed to be a very good player.

My wishlist for the summer would be Butland, Dragovic/Khacheridi, Tadic, Yarmolenko, Kranevitter, Alcacer.

6 quality players but unless we find 150m+ from somewhere then no chance on earth, realistically think 4 of those are obtainable by us though

If we kept all out CBs which of Dragovic and Khacheridi do you think would best fit us and who do you think they would be partnered with?Saying that, do you think either would be 1st choice?

Also, if we did bid for them how much do you think they would be rated at by surkis? I think i read somewhere that Leicester were in for Dragovic for £15mil then Surkis moved the goalposts to £25mil...

Yeh can't see Butland mate - he's staying at Stoke I think - although he may be off to United if De Gea goes to Real...

Hasn't Kranevitter just signed for Atleti? Doubt they'll be letting him go anytime soon with their ban upcoming.

Dragovic would probably be my choice if Stones left - though Khacheridi doesn't look bad.

And yeh I know me and you (and a few others) were well on the Tadic brigade. May be an interesting one if he is 'made available' by Southampton in the summer since we had a bid accepted when he went there.

And yes mate, Bonaventura is a great player. I've got to say, Serie A really looks to be on the up again. No stand out side bar Juve (and at times Napoli), but some really good players knocking about.

Consigli is a fantastic keeper at Sassuolo - who also have Berardi (think Del but with a bit more of a nasty streak - though inconsistent), and Sansone (think Mirallas with a bit more of a creative streak though not as quick).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back