Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fifa 11

Butland
Alaba
Varane
Stones
Aurielo (psg fella)
Tielmans
Veratti
Sane
Barkley
Felipe Anderson
Lukaku

Make it happen moshiri

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Aye Zat, but it's getting the balance right between potential ability and experience, Tielemans or Neves may go on to be greta players - who knows, they may end up becoming good ones like Veloso - and at this point int heir careers they are effectively at the same point Veloso was at the same age, highly touted etc, difference for me is that bringing in a 29/30 yo player as cover instead of bringing in a 18/19yo is simple, Veloso would add for example a lot of experience and should be able to hit the ground running more easily than a young lad, also he is more likely to accept a squad role than a up and coming touted 'superkid' honestly would the likes of the young lad at Porot leave them as their captain for anything other than a starting slot at us - no chance on earth, same for the other two mentioned mate - they are comign much hyped and would be expecting to be a staple int he team in the short term future at the very least

Throw in the fact on top of that we won't have 200m to spend and we have areas of the squad more in need of spending whatever we have available, Tielmens, Neves etc would cost upwards of 20-25m, Veloso would be on a free - so say even with generous signing fees/higher wages etc, maybe 15-20m less than the young lads

Your spot on about one thing someone like a Veloso is a stop gap no doubt about it, but when your building a team those are needed - especially when the core of the team is a group of very young lads and even more so when by all accounts we have a very very promising set of young academy players several seasons away from coming through.

a problem with bringing in the next touted wodnerkid from abroad is a simple one as well, the more areas we do that the more roadblocks we stick in front of our own academy lads - some of whom have maybe as much potential as these kids, its why i was made up when Byrams deal fell through - really that young player we should be bringing through for me has to be Kenney, same with centre midfield for example, yeah sign a back up right back but sign one who isn't going to be the long term future their - sign a 28-30yo who for a few years can provide good back up but when the times right will be pushed aside by a younger blue lad

For me, i see Barry as a stopgap. Dont forget he still has one season more with us...he will stil be able to mentor a young player for a season.

If they expect to comenin as first choice then its up to them to show their talent.

Just heard that Fellaini was practically laughed off the pitch at the weekend.
That should be the first thing any of our players consider before looking to leave.
Don't think it's going to be an issue this summer though. Except for the usual anticipatory anxiety from some fans and endless media waffle.
All nice and quiet. A few players released, Mirallas sold and replaced, couple of good versatile defenders and reserve keeper brought in. Don't see us spending big on anyone till summer after this.

I don't wanna say I told you so. But I did.

Rodriguez out on loan to Brentford. Just happened sooner then expected

Great news watched the Sunderland u21 game on tv & he was far better player than I thought he would be real turn of pace & just had something about him which made me think here was something there.

He seems to have that knack, been on a dry spell of sorts because of injury so I'm glad he's gone out on loan. Speculation throughout signing him until now basically keeps saying that he actually isn't any good, and the whole transfer was a favour to an up and coming agent and the sense is we could benefit that long term (just speculation) but what I've seen of him he looks good, looks like he could be a good finisher. But we have plenty of players who can finish so this loan period will do him the world of good or it will highlight the cracks in the deal

He seems to have that knack, been on a dry spell of sorts because of injury so I'm glad he's gone out on loan. Speculation throughout signing him until now basically keeps saying that he actually isn't any good, and the whole transfer was a favour to an up and coming agent and the sense is we could benefit that long term (just speculation) but what I've seen of him he looks good, looks like he could be a good finisher. But we have plenty of players who can finish so this loan period will do him the world of good or it will highlight the cracks in the deal
Yes fully agree heard the agent stories too what looked clear to me from the Sunderland game was for £500k it was a no brainer. We will alms or certainly recover that I'd be surprised if we don't make a profit to be honest

Yes fully agree heard the agent stories too what looked clear to me from the Sunderland game was for £500k it was a no brainer. We will alms or certainly recover that I'd be surprised if we don't make a profit to be honest
Assuming he doesn't make it with us of course hopefully he does

same agent as Kranevitter from what i remember when we signed him up

Kiev has been in touch. No news, but an interesting point on everyones favourite Ukranian.

In reference to Yarmolenko there`s huge misunderstanding on his style of play.

But I'm not sure if he's what we really need... which is a playmaker in all truth to cut through packed defences. (GOT post)

Yarms is an out-and-out winger who is all about power and having a clean run forward - which he's very good at.

Yarmolenko is not out-and-out type of winger.

Major part of his passes he created as short passes in "number 10" style, moreover if transfer to Everton occurs, Ross Barkley and Romelu Lukaku are equally vital for Yarmolenko in terms of creating goal chances. If you expect much crosses from him, than he`s not type of player you need.

PM from Kiev.

Nice to know we still have a lurker if and when anything happens in the Summer anyrate.

Kiev has been in touch. No news, but an interesting point on everyones favourite Ukranian.

In reference to Yarmolenko there`s huge misunderstanding on his style of play.

But I'm not sure if he's what we really need... which is a playmaker in all truth to cut through packed defences. (GOT post)

Yarms is an out-and-out winger who is all about power and having a clean run forward - which he's very good at.

Yarmolenko is not out-and-out type of winger.

Major part of his passes he created as short passes in "number 10" style, moreover if transfer to Everton occurs, Ross Barkley and Romelu Lukaku are equally vital for Yarmolenko in terms of creating goal chances. If you expect much crosses from him, than he`s not type of player you need.

PM from Kiev.

Nice to know we still have a lurker if and when anything happens in the Summer anyrate.

think that was my post haha

Tbh I phrased it poorly

For me, I think we'd be more suited to a player who has the ability to stay on the touchline and link up play ala Pienaar - or, like Pienaar did, drifts inside and link up play.

From what I've seen (not as much as Kiev, obviously) of Yarmolenko seems more the type of winger who cuts inside and shoots/gets a pass off.

I don't think he's an out-and-out winger in the sense that he would whip loads of crosses in etc. Just still not sure he's exactly what this team is looking for right now - though I'd happily take him if we did get him of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back