Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fifa 11

Butland
Alaba
Varane
Stones
Aurielo (psg fella)
Tielmans
Veratti
Sane
Barkley
Felipe Anderson
Lukaku

Make it happen moshiri

Very high growth on it like Ross.

God, I'm well out of the loop, I haven't heard of half of them. And the half I have heard of are Everton players.

To be honest the right back is only heard if when psg dropped him recently, sane only heard if due to price tag in papers and verratti barely heard of. Never would have known who tielmans or Anderson were if it wasn't for fifa lol

Seen a bit if tielmans since last year like but generally fifa told me about them

To be honest the right back is only heard if when psg dropped him recently, sane only heard if due to price tag in papers and verratti barely heard of. Never would have known who tielmans or Anderson were if it wasn't for fifa lol

I know verratti from watching PSG, very tidy player. Need to watch more european footie though.

possibly so mate, just for me anyway, think that i'm thinking of though is that at Barry's age he could litteraly go at any time mate, and if we just had Besic and McCarthy i think we'd be well short of whats needed, addign a player like zat suggests whilst nice on fm or fifa will just end up with one of besic, mccarthy or new bloke sitting a lot on a bench and not developing, a canny pick up of someone 29/30 of high calibre bides us over a few years and keeps us with a nice experienced edge to the side

Well, you need two players for each position really so if you had:

Barry / Veloso
McCarthy / Besic

That still leaves two of them on the bench + youve now got a 29/30 year old player whose never hit the heights predicted and never played in the league before.

I'd much rather go for a Tielemans or a Neves as they wont be expected to play every single game, can play several positions in midfield and are also going to push the existing players competitively.

Also they may be developed into top notch players and are on the way up whilst someone at Velosos age is just a stopgap.

Barry / Veloso
McCarthy / Besic

That still leaves two of them on the bench + youve now got a 29/30 year old player whose never hit the heights predicted and never played in the league before.

I'd much rather go for a Tielemans or a Neves as they wont be expected to play every single game, can play several positions in midfield and are also going to push the existing players competitively.

Also they may be developed into top notch players and are on the way up whilst someone at Velosos age is just a stopgap.

Aye Zat, but it's getting the balance right between potential ability and experience, Tielemans or Neves may go on to be greta players - who knows, they may end up becoming good ones like Veloso - and at this point int heir careers they are effectively at the same point Veloso was at the same age, highly touted etc, difference for me is that bringing in a 29/30 yo player as cover instead of bringing in a 18/19yo is simple, Veloso would add for example a lot of experience and should be able to hit the ground running more easily than a young lad, also he is more likely to accept a squad role than a up and coming touted 'superkid' honestly would the likes of the young lad at Porot leave them as their captain for anything other than a starting slot at us - no chance on earth, same for the other two mentioned mate - they are comign much hyped and would be expecting to be a staple int he team in the short term future at the very least

Throw in the fact on top of that we won't have 200m to spend and we have areas of the squad more in need of spending whatever we have available, Tielmens, Neves etc would cost upwards of 20-25m, Veloso would be on a free - so say even with generous signing fees/higher wages etc, maybe 15-20m less than the young lads

Your spot on about one thing someone like a Veloso is a stop gap no doubt about it, but when your building a team those are needed - especially when the core of the team is a group of very young lads and even more so when by all accounts we have a very very promising set of young academy players several seasons away from coming through.

a problem with bringing in the next touted wodnerkid from abroad is a simple one as well, the more areas we do that the more roadblocks we stick in front of our own academy lads - some of whom have maybe as much potential as these kids, its why i was made up when Byrams deal fell through - really that young player we should be bringing through for me has to be Kenney, same with centre midfield for example, yeah sign a back up right back but sign one who isn't going to be the long term future their - sign a 28-30yo who for a few years can provide good back up but when the times right will be pushed aside by a younger blue lad

Barry / Veloso
McCarthy / Besic

Aye Zat, but it's getting the balance right between potential ability and experience, Tielemans or Neves may go on to be greta players - who knows, they may end up becoming good ones like Veloso - and at this point int heir careers they are effectively at the same point Veloso was at the same age, highly touted etc, difference for me is that bringing in a 29/30 yo player as cover instead of bringing in a 18/19yo is simple, Veloso would add for example a lot of experience and should be able to hit the ground running more easily than a young lad, also he is more likely to accept a squad role than a up and coming touted 'superkid' honestly would the likes of the young lad at Porot leave them as their captain for anything other than a starting slot at us - no chance on earth, same for the other two mentioned mate - they are comign much hyped and would be expecting to be a staple int he team in the short term future at the very least

Throw in the fact on top of that we won't have 200m to spend and we have areas of the squad more in need of spending whatever we have available, Tielmens, Neves etc would cost upwards of 20-25m, Veloso would be on a free - so say even with generous signing fees/higher wages etc, maybe 15-20m less than the young lads

Your spot on about one thing someone like a Veloso is a stop gap no doubt about it, but when your building a team those are needed - especially when the core of the team is a group of very young lads and even more so when by all accounts we have a very very promising set of young academy players several seasons away from coming through.

a problem with bringing in the next touted wodnerkid from abroad is a simple one as well, the more areas we do that the more roadblocks we stick in front of our own academy lads - some of whom have maybe as much potential as these kids, its why i was made up when Byrams deal fell through - really that young player we should be bringing through for me has to be Kenney, same with centre midfield for example, yeah sign a back up right back but sign one who isn't going to be the long term future their - sign a 28-30yo who for a few years can provide good back up but when the times right will be pushed aside by a younger blue lad

Spurs dont have any of there midfielders as a stop gap.
They just use there young lads as backup. Which is what we should be looking at. Have a very strong core of 15-18 players and when injurys etc comes in, just give a kid a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back