Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Forster looked really awkward last night whenever the ball was passed back to him. Good keeper but prefer someone comfortable with the ball at his feet too.

would like to see us go after fraser forster as our new keeper...

defence - fonte

midfield - oxlaide chamberlin

forward - Walcott

if Arsenal do actually have a clear out then we should be looking to buy from them. their players are under-performing mostly due to not having a proper run in the team. I think if the ox had a decent run of 20 games or more he would become like delli alli at spurs, I don't think they would be as injured as they are at arsenal.. its just an arsenal problem with the all the injuries I think.

This would be a crap window I'm afraid. In my opinion like.

In fairness Dave, they have a point in saying that finishing 11th (or worse) two years in a row isn't going to help at all persuading the likes of Rom or Stones to stay.

But it doesn't stop us going for the players that will be our targets.
...and it wont stop us getting them either.

Players come, players go. Just the normal football club churn. It has no more relevance than that.

...and it wont stop us getting them either.

Players come, players go. Just the normal football club churn. It has no more relevance than that.

Well, had we got top four this season, they'd be staying - or much more likely to anyway.

As it is, we may have missed the boat and the players may want to leave - though they're not exactly blameless for our inconsistencies this season either.

He would blow our wage structure out the water, he not the player to do it for

One of the things our new owner has stated is that we will be able to compete with other major clubs, so I believe this also means the wage structure, therefore our present wage structure will change thus allowing us to compete (Simples). Bony or Benteke I don't believe are the solution, but the likes of Michy Batsu....(spelling) is the way forward (in excess of 25 million and 100k per week, same Embolo 35k and the same wages).

As Evertonians we are conditioned to bargain basement wheeler dealer stuff, the papers still think the same way too, the culture has changed we will sign big to replace Rom as Naisse isn't the answer (I don't know what the original question was either).

Lets wait and see eh!!

Don't see why we shouldn't sign Jordan Lukaku. It'd help us retain Rom and he looks like a really good attacking full-back/winger. Baines is no spring chicken any more, either.

My only concern if martinez is the man to spend the transfer kitty is that he keeps going after 19/20 year old players. Whilst I love having players with potential at the club, for me the squad is missing having those players in that 25-29 age bracket that are in their prime.

Bony will take a pay cut no other club outside the top 4 would pay that other than perhaps the new spurs (West Ham).

Bony for £25 million on £100k a week would be fantastic business, sign a top quality left sided playmaker and hopefully a younger box to box upgrade on Barry then that would cover the Rom money, we would then have £50+ million from the TV deal/Moshiri to hopefully sort out our defence and GK.

I would also say Benteke would bag an absolute hat full from Gerrys crosses. Bilic is probably thinking the same regarding Payet linking up with him.

Rumours are bony is only on £100k a week anyway. Romelu rumoured to be on that or around that mark. Bony is still a top striker IMO.

Amazing how many are willing to desperately pick up a stick like 'players not wanting to stay' to beat a manager with. We finished 11th last season and not only kept what we had but added to the squad.

No use presenting facts though.

The two week window of opportunity for venting is almost over. Thank goodness.
I was talking about us being less attractive to top quality players. Which we will be.

I hope we get a result at the weekend and hopefully things will feel a bit more positive but the last 2 seasons under Martinez has conditioned me into expecting a frustrating performance and poor result (unless it's a cup game).

I was talking about us being less attractive to top quality players. Which we will be.

I hope we get a result at the weekend and hopefully things will feel a bit more positive but the last 2 seasons under Martinez has conditioned me into expecting a frustrating performance and poor result (unless it's a cup game).
The frustration comes with the raised expectations that the squad assembled by the manager brings.

The frustration comes with the raised expectations that the squad assembled by the manager brings.
The frustration comes from seeing a bunch of players that are clearly talented but can't do the basics right, because the coaches/management aren't good enough.

So I think we'll struggle to attract top quality players under Martinez because of this. Even if we managed to sign them I wouldn't expect much improvement for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back