Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out in America at the moment. And obviously everything you take is with a pinch of salt. But on ESPN last night, they were showing highlights of Argentina the other night. And they had a segment on Arsene Wenger being interested in Funes Mori? Strange if true. But with the Kroenke link, I can see how some people here get some news.

If that is the case. I'd use it to full advantage. "We will pay 15 mill for Oxlade and give you first refusal on Mori" that'd work in our favour seeing as Mori may still flop in the coming season. See Heitinga for example. Mediocre for one season, crazily good for one and then borderline crap for the rest.

Who'd be happy with Dembele from Fulham? Think he's a top player but isn't high in goal scoring charts...way I see it is hat he isn't really the type to score loads down there.

Dembele i know we were watching till about Xmas...not sure since then but of course Spurs nearly got him.

Looks very good to me but in a struggling side who knows?

A few of these french players all habe similar high speed, can score and are very direct.

However the main ones in France are £30mil+ whereas this chap would be peanuts as his contract is up in the summer.

My own choice of CB/RB is Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli.

Just been offered a new deal with £30mil release clause.

Should be after him now.

Mate napoli bid on him last year for 20m quid and he turned it down as he wanted a bigger move effectively, absolutely no chance on earth we would have a shot on him, he is probably the most sought after young midfielder in the world currently

Didnt say there was, was just responding to another poster saying we were watching him...

However, having said that i think were very attractive to these types of player....regular games, big league, lots of exposureetc etc

We should be after these types and if we dont succeed we go onto the next targets...

Beast of a player, would like us to go in for Frederik Sørensen of Koln too.

Not seen or noticed Sorensen to be honest. Only started watching Koulibaly as he was linkedin to us a year ago. Probably the best defender in Italy for the past two seasons now.

Reminds me a bit of Thuram....would be perfect for us. Id have him at RB next to Stones and Mori.

Not seen or noticed Sorensen to be honest. Only started watching Koulibaly as he was linkedin to us a year ago. Probably the best defender in Italy for the past two seasons now.

Reminds me a bit of Thuram....would be perfect for us. Id have him at RB next to Stones and Mori.

Why sign a £20mil centre back and play him at right back Zat?

Coleman is fine there. It's just the entire defensive unit that's been crap this year.

Why sign a £20mil centre back and play him at right back Zat?

Coleman is fine there. It's just the entire defensive unit that's been crap this year.

Because he is also brilliant at RB. Look at Thuram, brilliant at right back but also CB.

Coleman + Lennon
OR
Koulibaly + Deulofeu

Id like to see us have all 4 as options...

Because he is also brilliant at RB. Look at Thuram, brilliant at right back but also CB.

Coleman + Lennon
OR
Koulibaly + Deulofeu

Id like to see us have all 4 as options...

Although i dont agree on splashing 20million on Koubouily (i dont rate him) i do think possibly a more defence minded fullback could work better than Seamus with Deulofeu on the wing.

I remember Utd when they last won the champions league ust put Wes Brown at right back as Ronaldo was playing on the wing. Back then Wes Brown was a quality defender good enough to play centre back for most premier league teams but fergie put him there as he new he was a good 1 on 1 defender and that would be his main prioroty, just give cristiano the ball and let him get on with it

Although i dont agree on splashing 20million on Koubouily (i dont rate him) i do think possibly a more defence minded fullback could work better than Seamus with Deulofeu on the wing.

I remember Utd when they last won the champions league ust put Wes Brown at right back as Ronaldo was playing on the wing. Back then Wes Brown was a quality defender good enough to play centre back for most premier league teams but fergie put him there as he new he was a good 1 on 1 defender and that would be his main prioroty, just give cristiano the ball and let him get on with it

Our main issue hasn't been down the right...

But it has been defensivly! 2 full backs bombing forward all the time with none of the midfielders dropping deep is one of the reasons we have conceded so many goals

We have been targeted more down the left than the right mate.

Coleman's fine, and actually developed into a very good defender.

Also, this problem about the full-backs bombing on isn't actually an issue.

Far too often we get carved open down the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back