Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every player with no Premier League experience can be seen as a risk.

Those trying to argue the strength of Ligue 1 players by comparing Payet to a Newcastle player are just being completely irrelevant. Payet could have flopped, Jordan Veretout at Villa could have been amazing. How can you predict anything? It's all just hindsight now.

Lacazette whilst great at Lyon could be pants here or could be amazing. How can anyone know?

I'm not getting the Bony shouts, he's been a disgrace for City, a proper disgrace.

I know a lot of people involved with City, either as staff or supporters, and not one if them has a good word to say about his performances or attitude. They're crying out for young kids to be played ahead of him.

I definitely do not want him here at all.

I think he had delusions that he was actually going to be in the starting lineup and who knows maybe City promised him that. Guys like Falcao and Benetke didn't get awful overnight. Some moves just don't work out for reasons. Maybe the manager never wanted Bony but the guys who write the checks did.

He fits and knows the system we run here. Can score goals and distribute to goal scoring mids like Barkley.

Let's buy first 11 top end quality and not bench players?

Obviously, for the record i think we should have Yarmolenko, Butland (or somebody of his stature), and a quality CM at the top of our transfer list - but i still stand by my point that if we could buy either of the two players i mentioned for cheap that we should

Obviously, for the record i think we should have Yarmolenko, Butland (or somebody of his stature), and a quality CM at the top of our transfer list - but i still stand by my point that if we could buy either of the two players i mentioned for cheap that we should
we are all entitled to our opinions mate

Yeah of course mate, goes without saying - but i'd much rather have Mitrovic on our bench than Kone or (perhaps a little premature) Niasse

I said we should have signed Mitrovic when Newcastle bid for him. He's got a bit of an 'attitude' but he's a good player. Could be potentially 'Great' for us alone up top and with some confidence in an attacking side could be lethal.

Were setup well to play to Lukakus strengths but theres other young players who could do well in our system like Mitrovic...especially if we had Deulofeu and a left sided Deulofeu crossing in for him.

Hes a bit like Duncan Ferguson i think if he got the service...

Wijnaldum again i said the same thing on here. He would be great for us.

For both of them we would need to cough up £30mil i think though and they wouldnt get in front of Lukaku or Barkley. Also Tarashaj will be joining so no real 'need' for Wijnaldum.

The one 'scary' signing would be Slimani whose been linked again after the jan bid for him. I think he would be a total flop in the league. It seems that the choice was Niasse or him for a higher fee of £17.5mil.

£13.5mil Niasse seems strep to me (though could end up a bargain) and i think its good that we go for players like that with massive upside like Mori for example BUT his career history so far doesnt look great compared to others i would have gone for first.

Lacazette scored more goals last season than Zlatan Ibrahimovic and as many as Edinson Cavani this season, what kind of standard are you expecting exactly?

He ha 14 this season and 1 assist, Zlatan has 30. Comparratively Cavani has a poor return this year to. To put that in context Ben Arfa has 13 goals and 4 assists.

Im just saying that doesnt seem great.

I also think there is a lot to be said going for someone with PL pedigree, someone like Loic Remy may be a better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back