Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35955616

I know the mods like a copy and paste as well as a link but I struggle on my phone to do that so someone else feel free.

This is the kind of defender we've so badly lacked, and the type we could so badly do with in the heart of our defence.

I remember when this fella was mentioned in the past and it didn't go down well at all on here!

Linked last summer with Kalidoub Koulibaly and last week with Kostas Manolas. Both far better players.

Both completely unproven in England. Huth has proven at both Stoke and Leicester, that he's an excellent defender who contributes hugely to clean sheets.

So, you would prefer Huth as first choice centre back than those two?

Theres a reason their market values are several times his...

Both completely unproven in England. Huth has proven at both Stoke and Leicester, that he's an excellent defender who contributes hugely to clean sheets.

I think the danger with Leicester is focusing on individuals. I don't think they have many impressive individuals, I'd only take Kante and Mahrez personally. But this isn't tennis, it's football. It's a team game and as a team, as a unit, they are the best in the league.

Doubt it mate, he will almost definitely spend next season out on loan to see if he can cut it in England.
I think he'll be in the first team. He's a full international, a starter for the team in 2nd place in the Swiss league and just got voted best young player in that league, plus we paid, what, £3m for him. He's not likely to be off to Brentford next season.

So, you would prefer Huth as first choice centre back than those two?

Theres a reason their market values are several times his...

I'm not advocating Huth but paper talk valuations aren't the best measure of a players value. If you need further proof look how much city paid for the rat last summer.

I think he'll be in the first team. He's a full international, a starter for the team in 2nd place in the Swiss league and just got voted best young player in that league, plus we paid, what, £3m for him. He's not likely to be off to Brentford next season.

I think he will have a "development" season mate - I would be absolutely shocked to the core if he makes more then 10 first team appearances (for EFC) next season.

He looks like he has something. But his size, the utter jargness of the swiss league - i would put money on him going out. I watched the game the other week and he floated in and out of it - was by no means the best player on the pitch.

I think the danger with Leicester is focusing on individuals. I don't think they have many impressive individuals, I'd only take Kante and Mahrez personally. But this isn't tennis, it's football. It's a team game and as a team, as a unit, they are the best in the league.

Yes exactly.

Relative to us, we have Barry and McCarthy combining to do what Kante has been doing (kind of).

Imagine if we had a top player in there like a Busquets...we could then have a box to box or playmaker sat alongside him.

Massive step up.

I think he will have a "development" season mate - I would be absolutely shocked to the core if he makes more then 10 first team appearances (for EFC) next season.

He looks like he has something. But his size, the utter jargness of the swiss league - i would put money on him going out. I watched the game the other week and he floated in and out of it - was by no means the best player on the pitch.

Think he will be on the bench for us...rated very highly indeed over there (so im told) and earmarked as swiss new number 10.

Think he will be on the bench for us...rated very highly indeed over there (so im told) and earmarked as swiss new number 10.

Aye he might be, but the difference in level is frightening - watched a few games since we said we where signing him. I haven't obviously just targeted watching him because am not that sad but the league and level there is nowhere near the premier league.

I think he will have a development season - will be shocked if he makes 10 league appearances. might be proved wrong, but just a feeling i get.

Ive said it before, Im not entirely sure 'WE' paid for him. There is a different budget for youth and senior transfers. Just like the fees for Holgate and Galloway certainly do not affect us paying for someone like Lennon.

Ive said it before, Im not entirely sure 'WE' paid for him. There is a different budget for youth and senior transfers. Just like the fees for Holgate and Galloway certainly do not affect us paying for someone like Lennon.

Hes not a youth player though.

Hes not a youth player though.
You and I both don't know how/why he was purchased. He's 21, its entirely possible it was a youth budget purchase. Or completely by the senior team. I'm saying there are two separate budgets and it's not beyond the realms of possibility a 21 year old was purchased by/for the youth team. I'd be a bit surprised if that was a senior team transfer and they were perfectly fine just leaving him with his old club on loan. That sounds like 'you need to develop more', ie: youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back