Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and I both don't know how/why he was purchased. He's 21, its entirely possible it was a youth budget purchase. Or completely by the senior team. I'm saying there are two separate budgets and it's not beyond the realms of possibility a 21 year old was purchased by/for the youth team. I'd be a bit surprised if that was a senior team transfer and they were perfectly fine just leaving him with his old club on loan. That sounds like 'you need to develop more', ie: youth.
He had to stay there to serve his national service

You and I both don't know how/why he was purchased. He's 21, its entirely possible it was a youth budget purchase. Or completely by the senior team. I'm saying there are two separate budgets and it's not beyond the realms of possibility a 21 year old was purchased by/for the youth team. I'd be a bit surprised if that was a senior team transfer and they were perfectly fine just leaving him with his old club on loan. That sounds like 'you need to develop more', ie: youth.

He couldnt leave the country as he had to do his national service.

ah, well in, I stand corrected then.

Like I said, I have no idea, just saying it's possible he's a signing for the youth/upcoming team more than straight into the senior team.

You dont see a 21 year old swiss international being in the first team squad? Thats the only place he will be +martinez has already commented on him as well.

Obi Mikel has looked good now he isn't just playing a bench role. Realistic too. I think he'd have to take on more responsibility for us rather than just a sit and give it to a forward role.

I was watching the RS v spurs game at the weekend. Moussa Dembele is, imo, exactly what we need. Energetic, quick footed and moves a team up the pitch by 10 yards with jink or pass every time he gets the ball. He wouldn't come to us now, granted.

Yarmolenko is the obvious answer out wide.

I maintain Shawcross, Dann or some other "put-my-head-on-everything" CB is a must.

Fraser Forster would be my choice for the GK. Will cost a fortune but spread the cost over 10 years, which he could reasonably stay for, and its a snip.

I maintain its a big summer for RM.

Any other suggestions for CB/CM. @Zatara, please keep it fairly local so I've at least heard of them!!

Obi Mikel has looked good now he isn't just playing a bench role. Realistic too. I think he'd have to take on more responsibility for us rather than just a sit and give it to a forward role.

I was watching the RS v spurs game at the weekend. Moussa Dembele is, imo, exactly what we need. Energetic, quick footed and moves a team up the pitch by 10 yards with jink or pass every time he gets the ball. He wouldn't come to us now, granted.

I maintain Shawcross, Dann or some other "put-my-head-on-everything" CB is a must.

Fraser Forster would be my choice for the GK. Will cost a fortune but spread the cost over 10 years, which he could reasonably stay for, and its a snip.

Any other suggestions for CB/CM. @Zatara, please keep it fairly local so I've at least heard of them!!
I hope it's a big summer for RM, when he's trying to work out the best way to spend his 5mil transfer budget in the championship

!

Only problem with an old school defender like them is that Martinez needs his CB's to be comfortable in possession for his system to work - and old school defenders have more of a "row z" about them then take on 3 players and find a pass.

Forster is 30, can't stay for that long!!

We need a CB like Abdennour, a no nonsense defender who can play football as well

Moussa Dembele is one player I felt we missed out on. Although Fellaini was very similar for us.

Yarmolenko would be nice, but I doubt he'd come if we sacked Roberto. But Roberto must go

Forster is 30, can't stay for that long!!

We need a CB like Abdennour, a no nonsense defender who can play football as well

Moussa Dembele is one player I felt we missed out on. Although Fellaini was very similar for us.

Yarmolenko would be nice, but I doubt he'd come if we sacked Roberto. But Roberto must go
Forster turned 28 last month.

In light of how bad the team is. Is it ok to point out an obvious issue?

If we signed yarmalenko, would we have not been playing him out of his natural position in the team? Considering the questions over our tactics, is that not a valid point also?

In my opinion in an ideal world where players immediately adapt and hit the ground running (which is very rare) and if we had the money then the 1st thing i would do is sort the defensive side out (i posted in the banner thread on this);

Keeper youre right about this being a position which we can be looking at for 10 years. I like Sergio Rico at Sevilla. For me, hes the best keeper in Spain and will be usurping De Gea over the next couple of seasons + as hes spanish then martinez, berghara and Robles can also help him aclimatise along with Deulofeu. Otherwise i would move for Leno or Ter Stegen -- each of these may be £20mil but i think its a key signing fr 10-15 seasons and so well worth the money.

Next,im sick of seeing the full backs constantly exposed positionally. Personally i think we need players who can bring the ball out but also can defend extremely well and have Stones coming out with the ball centrally.

Id like to go for Kalidou Koulibaly of Napoli whose a CB but can play RB/LCB/RCB and i would play him at RB. Hes a total beast really in every game, has been offered a new contract with a £30mil buyout and would possibly be classed as one of the best in Serie A at the moment and available for possibly £20mil.

Next,i enjoyed the link with Manolas but he wouldnt ever cost £32mil as claimed. More like £20-25mil from Roma. He would be the leader at the back and an extremely good player indeed.

GK -- Rico/Robles
RB-- Koulibaly / Coleman
RCB -- Stones /Jagielka
LCB -- Manolas / Mori
LB-- Baines / Oviedo

Id like to say we would add in a new LB as well but thats already enough changes defensively for one summer. Galloway and browning on loan and back when Jagielka retires or moves on.

This defence has everything,power,pace, height and defensive nous one v one. It is truly a title winning defence and allows Stones to be covered defensively on both sides when he comes out with the ball + the 2 defenders are also not afraid of doing this also.

The next thing i would be keen on doing is looking at the Barry/McCarthy "Axis of Evil". I would seek one player to play in this role which would free up another spot in the centre. For this position i would be after Tielemans or Neves.

So,effectively lets say 4 players Rico/Koulibaly/Manolas/Tielemans. Would cost £20mil ish each so im not sure if thats viable but would enable us to play 3 or 4 at the back if needed and be a very strong team indeed based on their individual abilities.

Now, im not being funny but if we made moves on these players now (or similar ones) i dont think Stones and Lukaku would hesitate in signing extensions.

@Zatara Mate, your talking about signing two defenders which will cost £50million, before wages, signing on fees and everything else. Surely you can see that won't happen.

If stones goes, we will sign another defender, but we will not be buying two for roughly £50million before wages. We have some money to play with, but not in a million years are we doing that this summer.

In your example about you state 4 players @ £20 million each, once you take into wages signing on fees that blows any figure out of the water quoted... we won't do that.

And ill eat my hat if we sign a right back for £20million.

@Zatara Mate, your talking about signing two defenders which will cost £50million, before wages, signing on fees and everything else. Surely you can see that won't happen.

If stones goes, we will sign another defender, but we will not be buying two for roughly £50million before wages. We have some money to play with, but not in a million years are we doing that this summer.

In your example about you state 4 players @ £20 million each, once you take into wages signing on fees that blows any figure out of the water quoted... we won't do that.

And ill eat my hat if we sign a right back for £20million.

If we had the money thats who i would sign. If we dont then we should sign as many of them as possible and then wait a season. Or go for other players who arent at their level yet but could potentially get there.

Look at milan, they signed romagnoli for £20mil last season, theres a lot of options at that level of fee....

All this talk of hitting top 4. You either sign players for the fees or you dont.

If we had the money thats who i would sign. If we dont then we should sign as many of them as possible and then wait a season. Or go for other players who arent at their level yet but could potentially get there.

Look at milan, they signed romagnoli for £20mil last season, theres a lot of options at that level of fee....

All this talk of hitting top 4. You either sign players for the fees or you dont.

Agree - but to think we are going to sign players for £100million of just transfer fee's this summer is wide of the mark in my opinion. I think to sign players for that amount, we probably would have sold at least Stones and needed replacements.

Like i say, they are good players - i would say that Chelsea would be the likely destination for Manolas now with Conte, or another CL club - I don't think Coulibaly is likely tbh £20mil on a right back i just can't see.

I like this game of picking players and all that, its good - i just think that the players aren't that realistic. The issue we have isn't just funding (which is less of an issue now with Moshiri) - but these top quality players want to be playing in Europe, like Lukaku. A season in the EL might be good enough for them to bridge the gap - but if we don't win the cup we are so far off the top 7 it'd have to be A) a miracle of a sell to them or b) a ridiculous contract offer - therefor bumping the overall spend up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back