Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree - but to think we are going to sign players for £100million of just transfer fee's this summer is wide of the mark in my opinion. I think to sign players for that amount, we probably would have sold at least Stones and needed replacements.

Like i say, they are good players - i would say that Chelsea would be the likely destination for Manolas now with Conte, or another CL club - I don't think Coulibaly is likely tbh £20mil on a right back i just can't see.

I like this game of picking players and all that, its good - i just think that the players aren't that realistic. The issue we have isn't just funding (which is less of an issue now with Moshiri) - but these top quality players want to be playing in Europe, like Lukaku. A season in the EL might be good enough for them to bridge the gap - but if we don't win the cup we are so far off the top 7 it'd have to be A) a miracle of a sell to them or b) a ridiculous contract offer - therefor bumping the overall spend up.

The most likely players to bring in will be the Deulofeu/Lukaku types who are going to be....top class. But need games and/or arent in the major teams or leagues.

Again though, i read that in 2014 we had the joint 9th highest wage bill, 2015 it was 11th highest. Thats usually a good barometer for league position.

Bearing in mind the out of contract players and the dross leaving, we will have a very low wage bill. So there should be cash to play with there and also money from moshiri and tv money.

Were in 12th which is shown in our league position and wage bill correlation.....so we need to strengthen quite a lot based on that.

Money = league position generally.

Not sure on transfer budget but ive gone from 4 to 6 players needed now.

For the record, we have the 8th highest wage bill in the league and since Martinez took over we have spent the 10th highest Net spend.

Prior to Martinez taking over Spurs sat in 6th we sat in 5th, they have spent MINUS 24million and we have spent 47million.

Do not give this utter spanish fraud another penny.

We aren't spending 100 million this summer. How on earth do people think this?

Last summer we spent less than 20! I'd say 30 million guaranteed , perhaps a little bit more serves a good transfer budget for us from the new owner. He isn't plowing 100 million into the squad, where's the additional 80 million suddenly coming from if its not the owners pocket?

Obi Mikel has looked good now he isn't just playing a bench role. Realistic too. I think he'd have to take on more responsibility for us rather than just a sit and give it to a forward role.

I was watching the RS v spurs game at the weekend. Moussa Dembele is, imo, exactly what we need. Energetic, quick footed and moves a team up the pitch by 10 yards with jink or pass every time he gets the ball. He wouldn't come to us now, granted.

Yarmolenko is the obvious answer out wide.

I maintain Shawcross, Dann or some other "put-my-head-on-everything" CB is a must.

Fraser Forster would be my choice for the GK. Will cost a fortune but spread the cost over 10 years, which he could reasonably stay for, and its a snip.

I maintain its a big summer for RM.

Any other suggestions for CB/CM. @Zatara, please keep it fairly local so I've at least heard of them!!

CM - Axel Witsel, one year left, peak age for a midfielder, played about 4 years in Russia so guaranteed that the money matters as much as does playing CL etc to him, bit of a tit apparently but a top top quality centre mid, will be honest next to no chance of getting him with the current manager i reckon - with a 'name' manager well within reach

Interesting that a lot of the heart of that Spurs team where bought by AVB as well - in the much lambasted 'wasting' of the Bale money and the season before when they reckoned they spent big knowing Bale wouold go the season after
Chadli, Lamela, Loris, Dembele, Erikson, Vertonghen all bought by AVB - a manager who is routinely criticised for player purchases...

Obi Mikel has looked good now he isn't just playing a bench role. Realistic too. I think he'd have to take on more responsibility for us rather than just a sit and give it to a forward role.

I was watching the RS v spurs game at the weekend. Moussa Dembele is, imo, exactly what we need. Energetic, quick footed and moves a team up the pitch by 10 yards with jink or pass every time he gets the ball. He wouldn't come to us now, granted.

Yarmolenko is the obvious answer out wide.

I maintain Shawcross, Dann or some other "put-my-head-on-everything" CB is a must.

Fraser Forster would be my choice for the GK. Will cost a fortune but spread the cost over 10 years, which he could reasonably stay for, and its a snip.

I maintain its a big summer for RM.

Any other suggestions for CB/CM. @Zatara, please keep it fairly local so I've at least heard of them!!

CM - Axel Witsel, one year left, peak age for a midfielder, played about 4 years in Russia so guaranteed that the money matters as much as does playing CL etc to him, bit of a tit apparently but a top top quality centre mid, will be honest next to no chance of getting him with the current manager i reckon - with a 'name' manager well within reach

Interesting that a lot of the heart of that Spurs team where bought by AVB as well - in the much lambasted 'wasting' of the Bale money and the season before when they reckoned they spent big knowing Bale wouold go the season after
Chadli, Lamela, Loris, Dembele, Erikson, Vertonghen all bought by AVB - a manager who is routinely criticised for player purchases...

This idea that money and money only gets you success has been blown out of the water by Leicester and Spurs this season. Splashing cash doesn't instantly make you better. Look at Utd and Liverpool.

We aren't spending 100 million this summer. How on earth do people think this?

Last summer we spent less than 20! I'd say 30 million guaranteed , perhaps a little bit more serves a good transfer budget for us from the new owner. He isn't plowing 100 million into the squad, where's the additional 80 million suddenly coming from if its not the owners pocket?

Because we are getting £155 million for Lukaku la!!!

Because we are getting £155 million for Lukaku la!!!
Haha even if we got 55 million I can't see the club spending it all out into of any other funds given to the (hopefully new) manager. Just wouldn't make business sense to spend that level of money in one go , especially if Martinez is still here.

I'd like us to invest heavily and look to break our record on a new striker to at least attempt to get goals back into the team.

In my opinion in an ideal world where players immediately adapt and hit the ground running (which is very rare) and if we had the money then the 1st thing i would do is sort the defensive side out (i posted in the banner thread on this);

Keeper youre right about this being a position which we can be looking at for 10 years. I like Sergio Rico at Sevilla. For me, hes the best keeper in Spain and will be usurping De Gea over the next couple of seasons + as hes spanish then martinez, berghara and Robles can also help him aclimatise along with Deulofeu. Otherwise i would move for Leno or Ter Stegen -- each of these may be £20mil but i think its a key signing fr 10-15 seasons and so well worth the money.

Next,im sick of seeing the full backs constantly exposed positionally. Personally i think we need players who can bring the ball out but also can defend extremely well and have Stones coming out with the ball centrally.

Id like to go for Kalidou Koulibaly of Napoli whose a CB but can play RB/LCB/RCB and i would play him at RB. Hes a total beast really in every game, has been offered a new contract with a £30mil buyout and would possibly be classed as one of the best in Serie A at the moment and available for possibly £20mil.

Next,i enjoyed the link with Manolas but he wouldnt ever cost £32mil as claimed. More like £20-25mil from Roma. He would be the leader at the back and an extremely good player indeed.

GK -- Rico/Robles
RB-- Koulibaly / Coleman
RCB -- Stones /Jagielka
LCB -- Manolas / Mori
LB-- Baines / Oviedo

Id like to say we would add in a new LB as well but thats already enough changes defensively for one summer. Galloway and browning on loan and back when Jagielka retires or moves on.

This defence has everything,power,pace, height and defensive nous one v one. It is truly a title winning defence and allows Stones to be covered defensively on both sides when he comes out with the ball + the 2 defenders are also not afraid of doing this also.

The next thing i would be keen on doing is looking at the Barry/McCarthy "Axis of Evil". I would seek one player to play in this role which would free up another spot in the centre. For this position i would be after Tielemans or Neves.

So,effectively lets say 4 players Rico/Koulibaly/Manolas/Tielemans. Would cost £20mil ish each so im not sure if thats viable but would enable us to play 3 or 4 at the back if needed and be a very strong team indeed based on their individual abilities.

Now, im not being funny but if we made moves on these players now (or similar ones) i dont think Stones and Lukaku would hesitate in signing extensions.

The players are exposed positionally due to the tactics we employ, they are meant to be pushed up - leaving space behind them that is 'supposed' to be covered by one of the TWO defensive midfielders slotting in between the cb's allowing one to cover that space to the side - or the defensive mid is supposed to slot in to cover that space himself - depending which side the ball is on at the time determines which dm drops in - mate it's not rocket science to know that, we can play any lb or rb in the world and they will get exposed positionally as it is the system at fault NOT the individual player.

Your calling for us to sign all these players - without even udnerstandign the actual system we play and instead keep going on blaming the players who are actually following the managers instructions on their position - wanting our fullbacks to play differently would entail the manager changes his entire phillosophy and tactics

You want us to break the McCarthy and Barry partnership allowing us to play only one defensive midfielder, as i stated above Martinez and his system require two defensive midfielders as one is supposed to be slotting into the defense depending what side the ball is on at the time allowing the other to occupy a more central position in defensive midfield, to go with one defensive centre midfielder and bring in a more attack minded centre midfielder would entail the manager changing his entire phillosophy and tactics

It seems to me mate, that you are actually advocating a utter abandonment of the entire way we set up as a team, the structure, individual players roles in the tactical set up, whilst saying we should keep the manager who for seven years in a row has effectively played with the system and tactics you want to abandon, WHY exactly do you want to keep this manager and change everything about the way he sets a team up for rather than just change the manager for one who isn't so wedded to the current system and either employs the one you like or is tactically flexible enough to change formations? Serious question btw - as to me it seems you have jumped on the Martinez in camp without giving it an actual thought to the fact it doesn't equate with everything else you would like to see - tactical changes, changes in players, changes in what each role in the team does etc?

The players are exposed positionally due to the tactics we employ, they are meant to be pushed up - leaving space behind them that is 'supposed' to be covered by one of the TWO defensive midfielders slotting in between the cb's allowing one to cover that space to the side - or the defensive mid is supposed to slot in to cover that space himself - depending which side the ball is on at the time determines which dm drops in - mate it's not rocket science to know that, we can play any lb or rb in the world and they will get exposed positionally as it is the system at fault NOT the individual player.

Your calling for us to sign all these players - without even udnerstandign the actual system we play and instead keep going on blaming the players who are actually following the managers instructions on their position - wanting our fullbacks to play differently would entail the manager changes his entire phillosophy and tactics

You want us to break the McCarthy and Barry partnership allowing us to play only one defensive midfielder, as i stated above Martinez and his system require two defensive midfielders as one is supposed to be slotting into the defense depending what side the ball is on at the time allowing the other to occupy a more central position in defensive midfield, to go with one defensive centre midfielder and bring in a more attack minded centre midfielder would entail the manager changing his entire phillosophy and tactics

It seems to me mate, that you are actually advocating a utter abandonment of the entire way we set up as a team, the structure, individual players roles in the tactical set up, whilst saying we should keep the manager who for seven years in a row has effectively played with the system and tactics you want to abandon, WHY exactly do you want to keep this manager and change everything about the way he sets a team up for rather than just change the manager for one who isn't so wedded to the current system and either employs the one you like or is tactically flexible enough to change formations? Serious question btw - as to me it seems you have jumped on the Martinez in camp without giving it an actual thought to the fact it doesn't equate with everything else you would like to see - tactical changes, changes in players, changes in what each role in the team does etc?
Leave it mate, Zat's still not gotten around the fact I've written about 4 times to him how we're not in any way playing even remotely like Barcelona, posts longer than the one you've written here, explaining in detail where he's wrong... and he just ignores it and keeps saying we're emulating Barcelona lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back