Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Brilliant, we binned off the most promising centre half of his generation.
2. Purchased Fulham's reserve keeper. Result.
3. Swapped the most promising defender of his generation for a 32 year old who has won nothing from a team who have never finished higher than 8th in the top flight.
4. Bought a winger who played for Crystal Palace and the fans of that team were delighted with the near £30M, yep £30M, we paid.
5. Good signing by all accounts.
6. Garbage player. From a garbage team. Garbage.
Things will never be (different) the same.

1. We cashed in on a player who wanted out.
2. Improved the goal keeping position
3. Signed a much better defensive player than the one we had.
4. Signed a player that scared the crap out of me every time he played us
5. Signing of the season
6. A meh signing...but probably better than what we have.

the gulf between the top 4/5 teams and us just got a whole lot wider. just when we were supposed to be closing the gap.

no-one can pretend otherwise.

the bigger the net spend, the higher up the league you go. (that is statistacally proven)

if stek, williams, gana and rom get injured then we will struggle.

our best team will be able to compete against most other clubs, our squad certainly can not.

Thought it was wage bill that was stat proven?

1. We cashed in on a player who wanted out.
2. Improved the goal keeping position
3. Signed a much better defensive player than the one we had.
4. Signed a player that scared the crap out of me every time he played us
5. Signing of the season
6. A meh signing...but probably better than what we have.
We're gonna win the league.
We're gonna win the league.
And now you're gonna believe us
Etc, etc.

Warchest. Nothing will ever be the same. Marquee signings.

Or

32 year old Swansea defenders, Valencia on loan, new stadium (maybe, look who the sources are)
After all the hype and false hope, that we are about to,"rise again" we are ,before we dare get any delusions of grandure , reduced to the realisation that we are Evertonians , and surprise surprise no matter what the "spin", we haven't spent a dime ! Pathetic club, and embarrassment to what a giant we once were, I for one have been kicked in the balls , a zillion times too often and I'm Done with this joke Everton

What's the big panic to spend money? It's not a business model I'd want for the club (Villa proved that notion). Arsenal prove year on year that you don't need to spend masses of money (not that I would like our blue print to be that of Arsenals). I just don't see what the panic is?!? We need to invest in some crowd noise and atmosphere of late, that to me is more apparent than any failings on the pitch......
Remind when Arsenal last won the league?

Not sure Sissoko was a Walsh type signing? If he was, I hope he hasn't gone all stevie big balls, because in my head he was the guy who was going to get the bargains, that would allow us to continually make profit and progress?
No I reckon Sisokko was pushed on us by his agent hoping our desperation for a big name would get him a move, but we didn't know we were being used to get Spurs to up there price.

After all the hype and false hope, that we are about to,"rise again" we are ,before we dare get any delusions of grandure , reduced to the realisation that we are Evertonians , and surprise surprise no matter what the "spin", we haven't spent a dime ! Pathetic club, and embarrassment to what a giant we once were, I for one have been kicked in the balls , a zillion times too often and I'm Done with this joke Everton

:bye:

How did Stoke have a better window? They alway buy a lot of players and hardly ever improve.

Well Bony for one mate! My point is using the "we finished 11th" is a crap excuse, did we give RM unlimited funds to push on when we finished 5th?
Blimey we didn't even give Moyes money when we finished 4th ffs. We never seem to push on when we get the chance to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back