Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yannick Bolasie our marquee signing...
We need a marquee signing? Or a signing who will impact the team. I can't remember the last time we had a player like Gueye who made such an impact. McCarthy while he had a good first season it was not as good. Anyway like we have kind of agreed, although on different aspects, it is much too early to judge.

Martinez excluding Niasse made some fabulous signings when he had the cash
What about Alcaraz, Kone, Robles, Besic, Eto'o, McGeady, Leandro and Cleverley? You could even argue Lennon and McCarthy have underwhelmed. Really Del, Galloway, Barry and Lukaku are the only top signings he made. Jury is still out on Ramiro and Holgate although they've shown decent signs especially Holgate. All and all its a pretty poor record

LOL Summer 2011 we signed literally nobody. Our first signing was Hahnemann on a free in September. Short memory on you

Ins:
Drenthe - Loan
The Strac - Loan
Hannehmann - Free
Eric Dier - Loan

Outs:
Arteta
Yakubu
Beckford
Vaughan

The end to this window was bad but it's not nearly as bad as some in recent memory. We went through like 6 windows without signing anyone for actual money at one point.

Ins:
Drenthe - Loan
The Strac - Loan
Hannehmann - Free
Eric Dier - Loan

Outs:
Arteta
Yakubu
Beckford
Vaughan

The end to this window was bad but it's not nearly as bad as some in recent memory. We went through like 6 windows without signing anyone for actual money at one point.
Forgot the loans but they honestly make it more dreadful. One player with a great attitude and no ability and one the exact opposite. Dier doesn't count because he barely played

Ins:
Drenthe - Loan
The Strac - Loan
Hannehmann - Free
Eric Dier - Loan

Outs:
Arteta
Yakubu
Beckford
Vaughan

The difference is the hope Connor, the hope kills. We knew under Kenwright and Moyes where we stood in transfer season. A Billionaire owner and extra money from the TV deal gave me hope that we would have money spent on top of sales.

We need a marquee signing? Or a signing who will impact the team. I can't remember the last time we had a player like Gueye who made such an impact. McCarthy while he had a good first season it was not as good. Anyway like we have kind of agreed, although on different aspects, it is much too early to judge.

Errrr Lukaku? Barry? Deulofeu etc lol

The difference is the hope Connor, the hope kills. We knew under Kenwright and Moyes where we stood in transfer season. A Billionaire owner and extra money from the TV deal gave me hope that we would have money spent on top of sales.
The thing is I think we legitimately tried and failed. So for me change in who does the negotiations and how they're done is necessary but the whole we have no money/Moshiri out/sell to buy FC shenanigans is misplaced

What about Alcaraz, Kone, Robles, Besic, Eto'o, McGeady, Leandro and Cleverley? You could even argue Lennon and McCarthy have underwhelmed. Really Del, Galloway, Barry and Lukaku are the only top signings he made. Jury is still out on Ramiro and Holgate although they've shown decent signs especially Holgate. All and all its a pretty poor record

Eh? I wrote " when he had cash"...

Lets be honest, he only had one summer with a big lump sum and he got us Lukaku..

If he had serious money he would have bought well....

Martinez signs Lukaku
Koeman signs Valencia

Martinez signs Deulofeu
Koeman signs Bolassie

Two biggest buys for us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back