Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid you are right. Even if we dont need him to, he will go. Unless we crack top 4, which is now a pipe dream, he wont want to give us another year to make good on empty promises.
I wouldn't ask him to. I actually feel guilty for wanting him to stay this season.

He really should be playing the champions league.

I wonder what all this means for Barkley's new contract. He only has two years left and if you were him would you sign a new contract after that window?

That's not really the point of a reserve striker though is it...

But, you did say this yesterday morning. Don't worry, I'm in the vaults finding what other people have said about Enner, some interesting stuff.

FFS, Martins Indi will be huge in Stoke getting CL won't he, EY?

And I bet we won't be able to compete with West Ham now they've signed Zaza on loan.

And that's before we've even got started on Swansea maybe getting Enner Valencia.

It baffles me why some of our fans are so obsessed about what others think.

I trust the manager. I still trust Walsh and why the end of the window has now left it open-ended whether it was 'sell to buy' (some will say yes and nothing has changed, some will offer a balance, others will say it definitely has changed and it wasn't) is what needs sorting out.

IF the money was available (which I believe it was) then serious questions need to be asked about who was heading up our deals heading into the last few weeks. I'm pretty much convinced it was the old regime, which ultimately shows a huge naivety on Moshiri's part.

Elstone NEEDS to GO. And Bill should have no impact whatsoever in our dealings.
Do you know a mistake Moshiri made.

Hiring Walsh. Not because he didn't unearth any gems etc. That would be a harsh judgement.

But because he was the head scout/DOF of Leicester/Hull/Newcastle.

In other words he was used to dealing with agents of players that would normally go to bottom half clubs. Business is all about relationships and knowing the right people. He isn't used to playing with the top clubs in Europe. He's not a name that anyone respects. He's rather a guy that got lucky. How was he the right person to convince top agents their players were making the right choice coming to us?

However if he was bought to unearth gems because Everton are sell to buy then he was perfect.

Does that help you decide whether we are sell to buy?

Rather than post some knee jerk reaction, i have slept on it and probably see the whole thing a bit more clearly now.

Overall, this window has been yet another false dawn in our modern history. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Negative net spend, gaps in the squad, the first 11 have not improved and the replacements on the whole were simply replacing players who were deemed to not have a place at the club. Shockingly bad failure by anyone involved in the transfer dealings, more so the fact it is probably the same people who were failures previous years. For all the talks of money and having bigger wages, what have we got to show for it? The biggest business we did was 22 million and 90 grand a week wages for Yanick Bolasie! Take scope of that for a second, we sold a potentially world class player and that was the best we could bring in for the higher wages.

I know people will spin this positively but how can you? We have wasted an opportunity, spent nothing and plucked players from worse teams. We have not improved one bit. 'we took the best players from teams below us...' yes we did, and all that does is make us an even better mid table team. So despite the reports of having money to spend, it turned out we had none, and for a starters, the tv money that other clubs spent freely, yeah that is going to be arteta'd straight into the club never to be seen again.

It is just so frustrating being a blue, every single time you get your hopes up they make sure it is all for nothing. How can a club operate like this for so long swallowing money despite having a billionaire owner now? It is a joke, not one person can argue differently because there is no proof otherwise, we didn;t spend any money and we only spent what we brought in money wise.

If this window proves nothing else, 11th is exactly where we belong, mid table because we have no realistic ambition of getting any better.

Firstly, it wasn't negative. Ignoring the TV money as that hasn't been factored in to that table that showed a negative spend, counting Stones' sell-on fee we're just about spending £5mil NET. Not good enough (even though it still doesn't mean we haven't spent money - we have) if indeed extra funds were pledged.

The first 11 is much stronger Ash.

Last year's - Howard/Joel; Coleman, Stones, Jags, Baines; McCarthy, Barry; Lennon, Barkley, Cleverley, Lukaku.

This year's - Stekelenburg; Coleman, Williams, Jags, Baines; Gueye, Barry, Barkley; Bolasie, Lukaku, Mirallas.

That cannot be disputed mate. The signings we have brought in have replaced players (bar STONES) who were merely draining a wage and not having any impact on the club.

I'm not spinning it positively, but you're spinning it very negatively. You say you've slept on it yet clearly you haven't let anything settle. The squad as it stands is better than it was and we've got a manager who knows what he's doing and won't stick rigidly to a plan or system that is failing.

This does at the moment feel like a missed opportunity to really get some quality in and make sure we can compete all season. That is on the club - namely the people at the top - and something has to be done. Perhaps an open letter to the club to be published in the Echo, whatever, to get out there that the FANS still aren't happy that there are quite clearly certain people involved who simply-put should have been got shut of a long time ago.

And no Ash, 11th is not WHERE WE BELONG. IF that was the case, Bobby Martinez would still be here.

This squad last season was better than finishing 11th, and would have done had we had a manager who could defend properly. You don't have a striker who bags 18 goals in a league season playing for many sides that finish mid-table...

But, you did say this yesterday morning. Don't worry, I'm in the vaults finding what other people have said about Enner, some interesting stuff.

The vaults have done me. My head fell off last night.

I'm trying to put a positive spin on it.

EDIT: But in all seriousness, the basic point that Valencia is a better option than Kone still stands. By that logic, as back-up, he's an improvement on what we had.

I came into the close season with high expectations that have simply not been realised, to the point where I was hugely disappointed last night not to have signed an over-priced midfielder with a poor reputation and a dubious character.
There are positives, though, for me, at least. We've got a plain-speaking manager who has quickly identified the issues with the squad and has started to address them. We've added pace, power, and leadership to the squad. We're fourth in the league, albeit after three games only. We have a highly-rated director of football. We appear to be on track for a dockland stadium.
The transfer window can be judged in a number of ways. The verdict today is that it's been a failure, but we can only really know for sure come the end of the season when we see where and how we finish. Another way to judge it, though, might come in the next couple of windows, when we'll know if we're a more attractive proposition and if the apparent incompetence of our selection and buying process has been replaced by something efficient and effective.

The vaults have done me. My head fell off last night.

I'm trying to put a positive spin on it.

EDIT: But in all seriousness, the basic point that Valencia is a better option than Kone still stands. By that logic, as back-up, he's an improvement on what we had.
I know you mean well but don't. Let people fume. Then we can accept it was a load of rubbish and get back to supporting the team.

After all they aren't responsible for this shambles.

Do you know a mistake Moshiri made.

Hiring Walsh. Not because he didn't unearth any gems etc. That would be a harsh judgement.

But because he was the head scout/DOF of Leicester/Hull/Newcastle.

In other words he was used to dealing with agents of players that would normally go to bottom half clubs. Business is all about relationships and knowing the right people. He isn't used to playing with the top clubs in Europe. He's not a name that anyone respects. He's rather a guy that got lucky. How was he the right person to convince top agents their players were making the right choice coming to us?

However if he was bought to unearth gems because Everton are sell to buy then he was perfect.

Does that help you decide whether we are sell to buy?

Walsh wasn't the person who did the negotiating Marty...

He and Koeman identified the targets and Walsh more than likely did the opening discussions - which seemingly, were very positive for most players...

When it came to the time to get things done, we couldn't get them over the line. And that is on people who are above Walsh in the pecking order.

Rather than post some knee jerk reaction, i have slept on it and probably see the whole thing a bit more clearly now.

Overall, this window has been yet another false dawn in our modern history. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Negative net spend, gaps in the squad, the first 11 have not improved and the replacements on the whole were simply replacing players who were deemed to not have a place at the club. Shockingly bad failure by anyone involved in the transfer dealings, more so the fact it is probably the same people who were failures previous years. For all the talks of money and having bigger wages, what have we got to show for it? The biggest business we did was 22 million and 90 grand a week wages for Yanick Bolasie! Take scope of that for a second, we sold a potentially world class player and that was the best we could bring in for the higher wages.

I know people will spin this positively but how can you? We have wasted an opportunity, spent nothing and plucked players from worse teams. We have not improved one bit. 'we took the best players from teams below us...' yes we did, and all that does is make us an even better mid table team. So despite the reports of having money to spend, it turned out we had none, and for a starters, the tv money that other clubs spent freely, yeah that is going to be arteta'd straight into the club never to be seen again.

It is just so frustrating being a blue, every single time you get your hopes up they make sure it is all for nothing. How can a club operate like this for so long swallowing money despite having a billionaire owner now? It is a joke, not one person can argue differently because there is no proof otherwise, we didn;t spend any money and we only spent what we brought in money wise.

If this window proves nothing else, 11th is exactly where we belong, mid table because we have no realistic ambition of getting any better.

I also have slept on it, and come to the realisation this morning that we've signed [Poor language removed] Enner Valencia on loan

I know you mean well but don't. Let people fume. Then we can accept it was a load of rubbish and get back to supporting the team.

After all they aren't responsible for this shambles.

Genuinely Marty, I'm disappointed and frustrated with how it ended. It's put a dampener on what was a good window up until that point.

The one positive from yesterday is that we've at least got a forward in who provides better back-up / competition than we had before. He's not first choice, and not as good as we might have expected.

A big reality check was needed and maybe that'll teach us all not to get ahead of ourselves.

Getting ready for today's transfer deadline day lads...
tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

It is today right lads?

Do y

In other words he was used to dealing with agents of players that would normally go to bottom half clubs.

Posted something very similar to this last night.. Walsh might have proved great to get in bargain deals.. but what if that is what he knows and hasn't got what it takes to deal like a top 4 club. I said it wittier last night.. hence I wanted Monchi. I havent written him off yet. But we better learn for next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back