Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I half expected him to hand his resignation in the next day. sounds silly to say it now but got the impression that because the club signed no-one he wanted he would leave in a huff.

It doesn't help his more than 2 years case, if the board are already failing him now at least. Half the reason he left to join us, was the fact the saints board were selling his best players every year. Same principle here, could see him jumping at another job if we don't start signing targets in the windows over the next 2 years.
First transfer window, perfect opportunity to lay down a marker, new era, Everton are back etc, we'll invest, we'll retain key players...

Stones bulled away from us, negative net spend, several positions the manager explicitly mentioned as needing filling ignored by the board.

GREAT WORK GUYS

First transfer window, perfect opportunity to lay down a marker, new era, Everton are back etc, we'll invest, we'll retain key players...

Stones bulled away from us, negative net spend, several positions the manager explicitly mentioned as needing filling ignored by the board.

GREAT WORK GUYS
I know from the average view point it might read as being pessamistic or over the top. But right now, Koeman was let down by the board, no getting away from that. So valencia, no matter how good he could be for us, represents the club getting someone in for the sake of to fulfil a position request because they failed for 2 months.

So 12 months time, that will be the real testing point for him. I fully expect us to go back into europa next season so if the club then let him down again that summer and failed at deals by doing whatever it is we do, then come the following may, could you see him not grabbing another opportunity elsewhere? The same way he did with us? He haven't actually given him the foundations we promised.

And it's not over one overrated player. We were promised 100m spending & ended up selling stones and signing some very underwhelming players such as Bolasie/Valencia.
I dont understand why people keep saying this. Who, representing the club whom you claim promised a 100+ million spending spree, promised this? Who? Moshiri said he wanted to invest, but that can mean so much, and was probably aimed mostly at a new stadium.
I felt let down after TDD too, but not based upon the sun or daily mail BS. Get a grip!

Mate, I agree with all this.

Fact is, I have watched Enner and been impressed in the past. He is quick and imo, will play well of Rom.

Let's judge him on what he does in blue rather than writing him off.

I also said this about Niasse though....

At least with Valencia mate, he isn't an unknown quantity.

Niasse was ridiculous. A huge gamble that failed to pay off in any way.

Valencia isn't that. He hasn't cost us much other than a nominal loan fee, and he has something to prove. He is back up.

Rom slotted for fun last year without 'competition' - it's nothing to do with being complacent, he's just in poor form in front of goal. It happens.

He's staying now and if he wants any chance of his big move he'll have to start bagging again soon.

i hope this bit isn't true, not least because it encourages performative online indignation when imagined spending figures aren't met, but mostly because it's like winning the lottery and showing up at the market in your newly-diamond encrusted Austin Metro wearing a flashing neon sign around your neck that says "nouveau riche," but expecting value.

still, at least we decided not to make a stupid splash, just for the sake of being able to claim we'd done something "big"

I think it's clear we wanted a 'statement' mate. It hasn't arrived.

Personally, I'm not arsed as the players we have brought in improved us. What I'm arsed about is that we backed our manager at the end, but failed to deliver when it mattered most (i.e. put up the sums, but didn't have the nous/skill to get it done)

I know from the average view point it might read as being pessamistic or over the top. But right now, Koeman was let down by the board, no getting away from that. So valencia, no matter how good he could be for us, represents the club getting someone in for the sake of to fulfil a position request because they failed for 2 months.

So 12 months time, that will be the real testing point for him. I fully expect us to go back into europa next season so if the club then let him down again that summer and failed at deals by doing whatever it is we do, then come the following may, could you see him not grabbing another opportunity elsewhere? The same way he did with us? He haven't actually given him the foundations we promised.

How was Koeman let down by the board?

They signed players he wanted and spoke with. Sadly he just couldnt convince players like Witsel and Sissoko (who didnt want to bother talking to him) into joining.

The manager talks to players before they sign, if bids were accepted and salaries agreed with agents then the next step is for the manager to convince them.

Devastated mate. Although I'm impressed with what I've seen so far, but as others have said, failure to bring in players will result in another mid table finish (based on other teams quality) and imagine we'd of secured some really good players, next season we may have been able to hang onto the likes of Barkley/Lukaku next year

You're absolutely forgetting to factor in the manager's quality.

And of the usual 'mid-table' fodder of the teams that finished above us last year - S'ton (yet to win a game), Leicester, W.Ham (look very poor w/out Payet fully fit), Liverpool, Stoke - who have they bought that improves them drastically mate?

The squad is a top 8 squad - we have a manager who knows how to get into the top 6.

Could have done with more additions at the end and it's poor from the people at the top of those deals that they didn't get done.

They signed players he wanted and spoke with. Sadly he just couldnt convince players like Witsel and Sissoko (who didnt want to bother talking to him) into joining.

The manager talks to players before they sign, if bids were accepted and salaries agreed with agents then the next step is for the manager to convince them.

Zat, your vendetta against him is weird.

Our inability to get the deals done has nothing to do with the manager in this instance. We simply can't negotiate 'big' deals quickly.

GREAT WORK GUYS

Dear me mate, give up the wummery act yeh?

Next time another club sells a defender for a record fee I wonder if we'll say they got bullied.

How did we let him down? Look at the team and see who we actually replaced.

Bolasie replaced piennar/mcgeady (players who left or wasn't part of the plan)

Williams at 32 + 9 million replaced stones

Valencia replaced niasse

Gueye replaced osman

Stek replaced howard.

Relevance of all of that? We didn't sign a single player to improve who we already had in the first place. some may be good signings but doesn't change they weren't signings to challenge the first team as such but replacing players who had left/were not part of the squad.

And once the stones money ran out, oddly enough the transfer business stopped as well. Can theorise why that is the case all day long but the fact of the matter is, we failed him because he has basically been given martinez's team, and only had players not part of it replaced for him. His signings may form part of his team but where was his back up striker? Where was his better creative player? His cheap right back cover? His 4th defender? his 3rd goalkeeper? ? None of them arrived, only squad players who have proven to be good signings so far.

You really do hate Koeman don't you

Dear me mate, give up the wummery act yeh?

Next time another club sells a defender for a record fee I wonder if we'll say they got bullied.
"Everton want 50m and are not prepared to negotiate."

"50m or no deal"

"Stones sold for undisclosed record fee, believed to be 47m"

Best type of negotiating, with the richest club in the world, is definitely to be on the asking price of a player you apparently don't want to sell.

"Everton want 50m and are not prepared to negotiate."

"50m or no deal"

"Stones sold for undisclosed record fee, believed to be 47m"

Best type of negotiating, with the richest club in the world, is definitely to be on the asking price of a player you apparently don't want to sell.

The fee is rising to £50mil with realistic add ons... i.e. they win the league with him playing x amount of games is one of them.

It's not bullying, we got a record fee for a player who didn't want to be here

How did we let him down? Look at the team and see who we actually replaced.

Bolasie replaced piennar/mcgeady (players who left or wasn't part of the plan)

Williams at 32 + 9 million replaced stones

Valencia replaced niasse

Gueye replaced osman

Stek replaced howard.

Relevance of all of that? We didn't sign a single player to improve who we already had in the first place. some may be good signings but doesn't change they weren't signings to challenge the first team as such but replacing players who had left/were not part of the squad.

And once the stones money ran out, oddly enough the transfer business stopped as well. Can theorise why that is the case all day long but the fact of the matter is, we failed him because he has basically been given martinez's team, and only had players not part of it replaced for him. His signings may form part of his team but where was his back up striker? Where was his better creative player? His cheap right back cover? His 4th defender? his 3rd goalkeeper? ? None of them arrived, only squad players who have proven to be good signings so far.

Ash...

What the hell are you on about with that first bit?

All the players who left, bar Stones, were not first-teamers.

Pienaar, Niasse and McGeady didn't play 10 games between them last season.

Osman was bit-part and finished. Howard was crap.

Only Stones had any positive impact on us last year - and some fans would try and have you believe otherwise anyway.

So, the ones that have gone have been replaced by players that have gone straight into the first team.

How is that difficult to grasp that that is, by definition, improvement?

What we have failed to do is add the two more needed at the end of the window to give us proper back support.

Oh, and Holgate will be right-back back up and he's proved he's capable. Valencia is the striker back-up - though we could and should have done better on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back