Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think any of the bottom third of the prem as well as teams like burnley or sheff utd would take a punt on him for a bargain price imo, it was only a year ago he scored 13 or so for us.
Post-corona, I'm not sure those clubs would give him the wage he would demand. Maybe if we pay part of his wage for the next year and possibly on loan but I'm not sure it will be all that easy.

The problem with moving Siggy now is that he would struggle to keep up with the pace of a Sunday league game. He'd have to go somewhere where he played as false nine/old school #10 or a stationary deep lying #6. That's what Rooney did to moderate success over here with D.C., but even that lost steam after the first couple of months. The MLS has become much more rapid in the last couple of years. Signing quick, young South American attackers in the new path of most teams, so I'd be surprised if that move happened. Maybe China?

Hypothetical (assuming we don't want test the boundaries of FFP after today):

Would you sell Richarlison for and Digne for a combined 150M if it allowed us to clear out of Pickford, Siggy, Bolasie, Sandro, Bernard, and Tosun without penalty?

I think I would. The club needs a reset desperately.

Would you sell Richarlison for and Digne for a combined 150M if it allowed us to clear out of Pickford, Siggy, Bolasie, Sandro, Bernard, and Tosun without penalty?

No, because we would be relegated after selling our two best players. We're probably going to finish 14th with them in the team, without them we would be in worse shape.

No, because we would be relegated after selling our two best players. We're probably going to finish 14th with them in the team, without them we would be in worse shape.

While I agree that getting relegated is more of a possibility next season, the flexibility it would create would allow you to buy several younger athletic players to play around a spine of DCL, Gomes and Holgate. You would also still have Coleman, Davies, Iwobi, and Keane. Mina and Kean you can keep or sell. Would need to buy a new GK though.

I just think that we have to stop slapping bandaids on a failed project,, yet I do acknowledge that bring in Carlo in lessens the chance of that happening. Which is why I think the next couple of years will be just as terrible as the last few.

You don't try to fix a horse with a broken leg, you shoot it in the head and move on.

While I agree that getting relegated is more of a possibility next season, the flexibility it would create would allow you to buy several younger athletic players to play around a spine of DCL, Gomes and Holgate. You would also still have Coleman, Davies, Iwobi, and Keane. Mina and Kean you can keep or sell. Would need to buy a new GK though.

I just think that we have to stop slapping bandaids on a failed project,, yet I do acknowledge that bring in Carlo in lessens the chance of that happening. Which is why I think the next couple of years will be just as terrible as the last few.

You don't try to fix a horse with a broken leg, you shoot it in the head and move on.
Do you trust those at the club to spend any revenue wisely? If so, what is the evidence for that? Your proposal is to sell the only two successful signings of the Brands era to allow us to shift the failures from the Brands (and Walsh, tbf) era. Does that not seem counterproductive to you?

As for your blasé attitude to relegation, that boggles the mind. Leeds United were one of the most successful teams in English football history and have been stuck in the lower leagues for 16 years. Relegation for us would destroy us financially and is not a risk worth taking to allow us to sell Tosun more easily.

Consistently selling our best players year on year is what has got us in this position in the first place

Do you trust those at the club to spend any revenue wisely? If so, what is the evidence for that? Your proposal is to sell the only two successful signings of the Brands era to allow us to shift the failures from the Brands (and Walsh, tbf) era. Does that not seem counterproductive to you?

As for your blasé attitude to relegation, that boggles the mind. Leeds United were one of the most successful teams in English football history and have been stuck in the lower leagues for 16 years. Relegation for us would destroy us financially and is not a risk worth taking to allow us to sell Tosun more easily.

We've done it every year (or other year) - sell our best players.

Stones, Rom, Barkley (I know, different circumstances to an extent), Gueye (still fume at that tbh - especially when it's so blatantly obvious that that type of player is what we're missing atm - along with a lot of other things).

No because it would mean Davies is still with us

Well its not pointless is it. Brands said himself there wont be major changes, no names etc. CA said we will improve the quality of the squad. Signing 1 better player does that but it doesnt mean hes been backed.. Secondly, it's BECAUSE we have backed other managers that we may not be able to back CA. We are stuck with absolute dross stealing a living. We may have to sell to buy, and if we can't sell....

We dont know what the situation is going to be this summer. Brands has made it clear taht we have to bring down the wages to then invest them better.

With Stek, Oumar, Cuco and Schneiderlin, we've already trimmed in the region of 200k a week.

I think we're headed to relegation in the next couple of years if we don't reset. Bringing in young kids and reseting the culture of a club doesn't take them down, a decade of band aid signings does. And we're 5 years into that cycle currently. We need a massive shakeup or we are the next Stoke or Sunderland.

And we'll only be keeping RIchy and Digne for one more season tops unless we dramatically turn it around next year. They aren't going to stay another year without Europe with the 2022 WC on the horizon. May as well cash in now since we aren't contending next season anyways.

That being said you are correct, I don't trust our front office to do this. Which is why we are screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back