Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's made 37 appearances for us in 6 years, whilst taking home £9m over the same time period. Add this to the £4m transfer fee (and I'll even subtract a £1m for his loan spells) and we're looking at more than £300k per appearance. A fine signing indeed. Your surname isn't Walsh, is it?
Look, not saying it was a good signing. But compared to players like Snides, Bolasie, Klassen, and Sig, it’s not so bad is it? We’ve taken in a couple loan fees, and we could actually sell him for not much less than we paid. So all things considered, we have better things to complain about than Besic.

Right, so we currently have 32 players, so we need to sell/loan 7 players for a 25 player squad and also then 4 or 5 to make room for new players.

Kenny
Pennington
Connolly
Baningime
Dowell
Besic
Iceland or Delph ideally both
Bernard
Bolasie
Bowler
Tosun
Sandro

Theres ya 12 sales/loan, very little actual money there sadly.

So then we have holes in the squad at RB, CB(provided Gibson and Brathwaite both go on loan, which would be prudent), CM, RW.

The 5th player will replace the left-field transfer I can see happening, don't know who, but somebody else will be sold, no I don't think it will be Rico or Digne.

Thats what I reckon will happen anyway.

Can see us spending very little actual money this window, loans, frees will be the order of the day.

I know everybody is up for selling half the squad, but even tho I suspect we will have double figure outs, I'm not expecting wholesale changes regarding "first team" movement.

Last edited:
Right, so we currently have 32 players, so we need to sell/loan 7 players for a 25 player squad and also then 4 or 5 to make room for new players.

Kenny
Pennington
Connolly
Baningime
Dowell
Besic
Bernard
Bolasie
Bowler
Tosun
Sandro

Can see us spending very little actual money this window, loans, frees will be the order of the day.
Brands sees your "very little actual money there" and says "challenge accepted".

Honestly, I think a free transfer every season is key to improving a team and keeping down costs, and all the big clubs do it anyway. With the extra 30+ mill from Uncle Uzzi, I think we have the finances to get the 5 we need with 1 loan and 1 free(2 CM, 1 RB, 1 CB, 1 RW). We just will be relying on paying 15-20 mill for unproved(but far superior to) in EPL talent rather than splurging on the likes of Zaha.

I just wish that we didnt have to sell that guy in that list thats....uh....the...uh...guy...valuable..............well maybe Bernard could be a good squad player.

Brands sees your "very little actual money there" and says "challenge accepted".

Honestly, I think a free transfer every season is key to improving a team and keeping down costs, and all the big clubs do it anyway. With the extra 30+ mill from Uncle Uzzi, I think we have the finances to get the 5 we need with 1 loan and 1 free(2 CM, 1 RB, 1 CB, 1 RW). We just will be relying on paying 15-20 mill for unproved(but far superior to) in EPL talent rather than splurging on the likes of Zaha.

I just wish that we didnt have to sell that guy in that list thats....uh....the...uh...guy...valuable..............well maybe Bernard could be a good squad player.

IF, IF we can sell all those reckon your talking 50m tops, but we ain't gonna be able to sell them all sadly.

So its gonna be tight, but somehow I reckon we can get at least 4 anyway.

Sales will very much determine this window.

I know people expect us to be splashing like mad all through August, but unless we can punt like demons I suspect we are looking at October 4th and 5th being our busy days.

Linked to Marc Roca
23, lefty, defensive mid

obligatory video

Probably rubbish, but would definitely sit well next to an Allan type in central midfield. A good age and price.

Kenny
Pennington
Connolly
Baningime
Dowell
Besic
Bernard
Bolasie
Bowler
Tosun
Sandro

So then we have holes in the squad at RB, CB(provided Gibson and Brathwaite both go on loan, which would be prudent), CM, RW.

The 5th player will replace the left-field transfer I can see happening, don't know who, but somebody else will be sold, no I don't think it will be Rico or Digne.

I know everybody is up for selling half the squad, but even tho I suspect we will have double figure outs, I'm not expecting wholesale changes regarding "first team" movement.
One of the problems is four or five of them we will struggle to find a club that can give us actual money for them as the championship is dead.

Sandro we should be able to get rid of given his willingness to sacrifice salary, probably for 1-2M. Bolasie may be an issue as well and let's see how Tosun's fitness is.

Probably rubbish, but would definitely sit well next to an Allan type in central midfield. A good age and price.
He's not full of energy but will tackle anything that's near him. Like a poor man's Busquets, but has played further forward this year. He is the best passer of a football that Spain has produced since Xabi Alonso though.

Kenny
Pennington
Connolly
Baningime
Dowell
Besic
Bernard
Bolasie
Bowler
Tosun
Sandro

Goats la....dont you get tired doing these list?

Kenny
Pennington
Connolly
Baningime
Dowell
Besic
Bernard
Bolasie
Bowler
Tosun
Sandro

I make it up to £70m for that lot, if we managed to sell them all permanently (and assuming none are out of contract and going on a free).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back