Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an ideal world yes.

But in the current situation with nobody willing to spend much money i think we'd be lucky to get half that

This is the reality. Most lesser clubs need to sell and don't have the money to buy. Penninton, Bowler, Sandro, Bolasie, Baningime, Besic and Connolly won't make much more than 5M between them. We struggled to even loan out Connolly and Baningime this season. Bolasie has had three poor loan spells, as has Sandro and both have high wages.

This is the reality. Most lesser clubs need to sell and don't have the money to buy. Penninton, Bowler, Sandro, Bolasie, Baningime, Besic and Connolly won't make much more than 5M between them. We struggled to even loan out Connolly and Baningime this season. Bolasie has had three poor loan spells, as has Sandro and both have high wages.
We just got 1.8mil for Hornby. I’d expect more than 5 mil. Championship clubs, have probably had to change their thinking for the summer, regarding budgets. So buying a Connolly who can play in a few positions might be of interest to a few clubs.

I thought we could get 25 to 30mil from selling fringe youngsters. Plus Kenny & Davies.

I’m sure I read we had a deal with Hull to sign Bowler for 5mil, obviously that’s unlikely Now

We just got 1.8mil for Hornby. I’d expect more than 5 mil. Championship clubs, have probably had to change their thinking for the summer, regarding budgets. So buying a Connolly who can play in a few positions might be of interest to a few clubs.

I thought we could get 25 to 30mil from selling fringe youngsters. Plus Kenny & Davies.

I’m sure I read we had a deal with Hull to sign Bowler for 5mil, obviously that’s unlikely Now

How many do you think we're going to sell tho?

Even if we sold 10 players we'd still need to be getting 2.5 / 3mil for each of them to recoup that amount.

Just don't really see any of our fringe youngsters having that much value tbh

Right, so we currently have 32 players, so we need to sell/loan 7 players for a 25 player squad and also then 4 or 5 to make room for new players.

Kenny
Pennington
Connolly
Baningime
Dowell
Besic
Iceland or Delph ideally both
Bernard
Bolasie
Bowler
Tosun
Sandro

Theres ya 12 sales/loan, very little actual money there sadly.

So then we have holes in the squad at RB, CB(provided Gibson and Brathwaite both go on loan, which would be prudent), CM, RW.

The 5th player will replace the left-field transfer I can see happening, don't know who, but somebody else will be sold, no I don't think it will be Rico or Digne.

Thats what I reckon will happen anyway.

Can see us spending very little actual money this window, loans, frees will be the order of the day.

I know everybody is up for selling half the squad, but even tho I suspect we will have double figure outs, I'm not expecting wholesale changes regarding "first team" movement.

Is that squad of 32 including both keepers? Because stek is off but surely in the 32?

In an ideal world transfers will happen at exactly the time you want them but the reality is that rarely happens.
Most transfers are a link in a chain of transfers where clubs are selling a player but usually after they have first signed a replacement. It can take time to get all the factors involved into place for a transfer to happen.
This summer there is no major international football tournament being held and this should also help speed up early transfers.

Right, so we currently have 32 players, so we need to sell/loan 7 players for a 25 player squad and also then 4 or 5 to make room for new players.

Kenny - £8m
Pennington - Free
Connolly - Free
Baningime - Free
Dowell - £6m
Besic - £5m
Iceland or Delph ideally both - £10m max for either
Bernard - £15m
Bolasie - Loan to Palace
Bowler - £4m
Tosun - £12m
Sandro - £2m

I make it £62m for that lot which is a considerable loss but all at conservative prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back