Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking this the other day. Unless it's a well scouted younger punt it really needs to be quality over quantity. I hopethat was what Brands was getting at the other week with focussing on 2-3 positions.

If we were going for a wide forward, I would go very heavily on Sarr from Watford. He hasn't done enough this season, but in little bursts has shown himself to be almost umplayable.

Yes I’m a fan of Sarr but I almost want us to be getting players like Richarlison or Sarr before they go to Watford. Sarr is probably a huge price now (but if he’s not he’s definitely the type we need our wide).

I’m very critical of recruitment at the club post Moyes but credit has to go to our local scouting teams because we have potentially pulled out two future England internationals in DCL and Holgate. There’ll be a few clubs looking at these two and Branthwaite wondering how we’ve got the drop in them.

Allan and grealish (if he is not too expensive) for me, we can see what we do with that. loftus cheek sounds like another iwobi to me and I wouldnt mind Jorginho though. Just hope we are not rash.

Maybe because outside of Richarlison they are all tosh Robert?
Calvert - Lewis is currently a 15 goal a season . I doubt we could afford or more importantly attract a striker capable of achieving significantly more than this in a top league.
Kean is a young man who has had to settle in a new country with his club in turmoil and the disruption of a global pandemic, I would prefer to give him time under the tutelage of his renowned compatriot to prove his worth.
I would like us to buy an exciting forward who can play across the front line to enhance our options.
I always believe that having a team that has goals spread throughout the side is more likely to bring success than one which relies on one CF.
Improve the service to our existing forwards and they will provide the goals.

I’d rather not see us waste money on squad players when we’ve seen what the likes of Gordon and Branthwaite can do when they’ve stepped up. So no 4th choice centreback or Delph like signing for midfield please. Genuine first teamers only at right back, central midfield and out wide.
This.
The youngsters have stepped up admirably and should get the squad positions. I would rather use them than have a Delph / martina situation as they block the route to the first team for the youngsters.
I would rather have fewer signings of real quality than squad fillers.

Yes I’m a fan of Sarr but I almost want us to be getting players like Richarlison or Sarr before they go to Watford. Sarr is probably a huge price now (but if he’s not he’s definitely the type we need our wide).

I’m very critical of recruitment at the club post Moyes but credit has to go to our local scouting teams because we have potentially pulled out two future England internationals in DCL and Holgate. There’ll be a few clubs looking at these two and Branthwaite wondering how we’ve got the drop in them.

Yes I agree with all of that, it is more risky though "buying from source" but I hope the left back we've got is a touch of that. Sometimes though, you see a player and are quite wowed by him and think hes got levels to go. Lots saw that with Richarlinson on here when he was at Watford, that you could see he had levels of improvement. I get the same from Sarr. He made an absolitely mess of Virgil Van Dijk and I don't think Van Dijk has actually fully regained his composure to the level it was at before.

Walcott is ok in that position, so if we're going to bring a player in, to me it makes sense to push the boat out a bit. He feels like one we might be able to get.

I’m hoping Watford go down. Then I’d imagine Sarr’s price will be cheaper.

I hope that aslong as we can offload both Sandro & Tosun that Carlo will bring in a CF regardless of Kean.

I cant see Carlo being content with our striking options at present.
If we can get rid of both of them this season on top of getting rid of Schneiderlins wages then Brands needs a knighthood. Those three alone are responsible for over 325,000 a week. Throw Bolasie, Martina Besic and Oumars wages in and your at 27m a year saved from players who contribute nothing. Give that 27m in wages to three players who will contribute to anything and we are in an infinitely better position, just don’t do an Everton and spunk the lot on a 31 year old with hamstrings made of pepperanis!

Calvert - Lewis is currently a 15 goal a season . I doubt we could afford or more importantly attract a striker capable of achieving significantly more than this in a top league.
Kean is a young man who has had to settle in a new country with his club in turmoil and the disruption of a global pandemic, I would prefer to give him time under the tutelage of his renowned compatriot to prove his worth.
I would like us to buy an exciting forward who can play across the front line to enhance our options.
I always believe that having a team that has goals spread throughout the side is more likely to bring success than one which relies on one CF.
Improve the service to our existing forwards and they will provide the goals.

DCL will never hit near 15 again in his career mate - the stats have proven he's had a purple patch its upto fans to believe the stats or keep hoping that he suddenly develops a finishing instinct.

Kean im not having any excuses - he's played at a much higher level than both of Braithwaite and Gordon who have both shown promise/effort whereas Keans blowing out his ass after 10 minutes on the pitch.

We can go round in circles but the facts are outside of Richarlison none of our strikers offer any consistency infront of goal over the last 2-3 seasons.

If we dont look to address it then we throw away next season at our peril.

I hope that aslong as we can offload both Sandro & Tosun that Carlo will bring in a CF regardless of Kean.

I cant see Carlo being content with our striking options at present.
Neither can I. No matter what he says, he’s been reluctant to use Kean.
I would love another CF so we have option to shake things up.

I’d rather not see us waste money on squad players when we’ve seen what the likes of Gordon and Branthwaite can do when they’ve stepped up. So no 4th choice centreback or Delph like signing for midfield please. Genuine first teamers only at right back, central midfield and out wide.

Sorry to go on, but the other exciting point, is we seem to have a manager who will utilise younger players and also put some time into them on the training pitch. Real time in improving them, not just a token gesture.

Thereare other young players with ability too. Gibson has done very well on loan at Fleetwood and could come back. Lewis Dobbin is also very simiale to Gordon in terms of profile of players, he and Onyango are two that have caught my eye. The 16's below thema re chocka with good players. If we can diminish Unsworths influence, have him give them a bit of exposure at 23's and fast track them through to Ancelotti there's some talentto be worked with there.

I would be very disappointed if the club failed to improve on Calvert-Lewin, regardless of the fact that he seems to be something of a pet project.

I don't think I've ever known such fanfare over a striker scoring 13 league goals.

Neither can I. No matter what he says, he’s been reluctant to use Kean.
I would love another CF so we have option to shake things up.

The CF options are the elephant in the room- we can improve the midfield and wide positions but if we keep doing what we did tonight and miss easy chances then we'll inevitably drop vital points over the course of a 38 game season whereas clubs with clinical finishers like Spurs, Arsenal, Utd can put games to bed 2-3 goals we'll inevitably miss out on our target of europe.

The club have bodies in the CF position but those bodies are largely not fruitful enough infront of goal.

DCL will never hit near 15 again in his career mate - the stats have proven he's had a purple patch its upto fans to believe the stats or keep hoping that he suddenly develops a finishing instinct.

Kean im not having any excuses - he's played at a much higher level than both of Braithwaite and Gordon who have both shown promise/effort whereas Keans blowing out his ass after 10 minutes on the pitch.

We can go round in circles but the facts are outside of Richarlison none of our strikers offer any consistency infront of goal over the last 2-3 seasons.

If we dont look to address it then we throw away next season at our peril.
I totally disagree with you on Calvert-Lewin he has and is continuing to improve and is now already a proven PL goal scorer and as I say I doubt we could attract better. Let him continue his development and we will be amply rewarded.
With Kean, I am old enough to have witnessed many new signings have poor or even torrid first seasons , but once settled become excellent players. He has the talent let’s give home time to show it.
Next season will be a season of team building and hopefully gradual progression to a team capable of challenging for honours within the following 1 or 2 seasons. To expect anything more is certain to lead to disappointment.
We need to show patience and support to allow the manager the time and stability to reach our targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back