Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking this the other day. Unless it's a well scouted younger punt it really needs to be quality over quantity. I hopethat was what Brands was getting at the other week with focussing on 2-3 positions.

If we were going for a wide forward, I would go very heavily on Sarr from Watford. He hasn't done enough this season, but in little bursts has shown himself to be almost umplayable.

If we're going for quality, we need better than sarr surely? If we go for him, he'd be a project signing. I mean he'd be fine if we got rid of walcott and iwobi, because he could slowly be integrated as a backup option. When i see us buying a right winger I'd really hope we get someone coming to their prime years who have a record of scoring loads of goals. Id want more of a finished article than sarr, has he done much bar the RS game?

If we're going for quality, we need better than sarr surely? If we go for him, he'd be a project signing. I mean he'd be fine if we got rid of walcott and iwobi, because he could slowly be integrated as a backup option. When i see us buying a right winger I'd really hope we get someone coming to their prime years who have a record of scoring loads of goals. Id want more of a finished article than sarr, has he done much bar the RS game?

He’s very, very good mate, I’m mean very good.

Believe Mordor have been sniffing round him mind.

Therein lies the problem. It is very difficult for a club in our position to secure a high quality player just coming into their prime , such players are lured by the prospect of trophies and money, only one of which we can currently offer.
We either go for lower quality or gamble on potential. Personally I prefer the latter.

I think Sarr is very similar talent wise to Richarlison the year before we bought him - buying him this summer could be the perfect time before he begins to show how good he is consistently.

He'll cost an absolute packet though won't he. Watford won't be selling him for any less than 50m.

Like others have said previously, we need to get in there first before these type of players go to the Watford of this world and we end up paying 3 times more than we need to of we get in there early.

He'll cost an absolute packet though won't he. Watford won't be selling him for any less than 50m.

Like others have said previously, we need to get in there first before these type of players go to the Watford of this world and we end up paying 3 times more than we need to of we get in there early.
Relegation might lower the price but they would have very little goal threat without him so would still charge a premium.
Though who knows- they've sacked 3 managers this season, why stop being stupid now?

I’d rather not see us waste money on squad players when we’ve seen what the likes of Gordon and Branthwaite can do when they’ve stepped up. So no 4th choice centreback or Delph like signing for midfield please. Genuine first teamers only at right back, central midfield and out wide.
I agree, if we can keep Mina fit and there are no plans to sell a CB, I would rather we look to other positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back