Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking this the other day. Unless it's a well scouted younger punt it really needs to be quality over quantity. I hopethat was what Brands was getting at the other week with focussing on 2-3 positions.

If we were going for a wide forward, I would go very heavily on Sarr from Watford. He hasn't done enough this season, but in little bursts has shown himself to be almost umplayable.
Yes I agree with all of that, it is more risky though "buying from source" but I hope the left back we've got is a touch of that. Sometimes though, you see a player and are quite wowed by him and think hes got levels to go. Lots saw that with Richarlinson on here when he was at Watford, that you could see he had levels of improvement. I get the same from Sarr. He made an absolitely mess of Virgil Van Dijk and I don't think Van Dijk has actually fully regained his composure to the level it was at before.

Walcott is ok in that position, so if we're going to bring a player in, to me it makes sense to push the boat out a bit. He feels like one we might be able to get.

I can see us keeping Walcott which saves us a fee (until next season) on a 2nd right mid.

Would definitely be in for Sarr. Theres limited threat on the right whatsoever and he's just the Richarlison type wildcard who, if it came off, may see us with 2 potentially world class attacking players.

To move from where we are to where we want to be hes exactly the type we need.

Sorry to go on, but the other exciting point, is we seem to have a manager who will utilise younger players and also put some time into them on the training pitch. Real time in improving them, not just a token gesture.

Thereare other young players with ability too. Gibson has done very well on loan at Fleetwood and could come back. Lewis Dobbin is also very simiale to Gordon in terms of profile of players, he and Onyango are two that have caught my eye. The 16's below thema re chocka with good players. If we can diminish Unsworths influence, have him give them a bit of exposure at 23's and fast track them through to Ancelotti there's some talentto be worked with there.

I like the Branthwaite and Nkounkou signings. Both make sense in two positions we needed.

Branthwaite has only Gibson as competition in terms of being a left footed centre back.

Nkounkou only has a left back close to retirement ahead of him for a rotation position behind Digne.

Rather than splashing cash at Tyrone Mings types, id like us to go for 3 or 4 Richarlison type signings like Sarr. Good age and high ceiling.

The rest of our funds should be used on more Branthwaite/Nkounkou types with players like Bernard, Delph, Tosun, Sigurdsson removed from the squad to give the young lads a chance.

In 2 seasons time we could be looking at a very young squad with several top class players on the pitch and more emerging.

Think the boy Sarr is a little out of our reach, hopefully Snake FC go down and it might lower the price but think a bigger fish will eat him.

I would sell everybody and buy Berardi.
Berardi is a player whose career confuses me. He's been a very good goal scorer from wide positions since he was like 19 or something but has spent his whole career at Sassuolo who are kind of a middling Serie A team and also has never really made it into the Italian team despite having years where he's been among the better players in the entire league including the non-Italian ones.

So what I can't figure out is if he is just loyal to Sassuolo and the Italian set up is dumb for not using him or if there is something in his game that is causing reservations. Because the numbers are off the charts but also watching him the guy can play.

Berardi is a player whose career confuses me. He's been a very good goal scorer from wide positions since he was like 19 or something but has spent his whole career at Sassuolo who are kind of a middling Serie A team and also has never really made it into the Italian team despite having years where he's been among the better players in the entire league including the non-Italian ones.

So what I can't figure out is if he is just loyal to Sassuolo and the Italian set up is dumb for not using him or if there is something in his game that is causing reservations. Because the numbers are off the charts but also watching him the guy can play.

Part owned by Juve at 1 point but stayed at Sassuolo.

Big digits this season think somebody will make a move.

Part owned by Juve at 1 point but stayed at Sassuolo.

Big digits this season think somebody will make a move.

And I guess Juve decided Bernardeschi was better? Don't know about that one myself. I'd go for him if the price is really around 30m or even less, but I think we've got to ask with his desire being to play in Europe if we're even a real contender. He'd be a useful player for a lot of the Italian sides to start with and I'd have to guess other teams would be interested besides us outside of Italy.

I missed the rumors about the Romania guy. I've got to say I'd be interested at the prices being touted. Can't really be a bad move unless we go Sandro mode and put him on 120k a week. A sensible contract and it makes a lot of sense.

That said I'm trying to figure out where he fits for us. What I'm seeing from the youtube clips and the couple of articles is that he has played mostly central but he doesn't look like a central midfielder for a 4-4-2 obviously. I don't love the idea of signing a guy and immediately making him do something different. But when I watch the clips I do see a player, assuming he isn't a liability defensively, that could work pretty well box to box in a 4-3-3 or as a #10 if we go that route.

All that is speculation based on not much though, so who really knows, but I do like this just as an idea of how we can try to find talent that the big clubs miss.

I can see us keeping Walcott which saves us a fee (until next season) on a 2nd right mid.

Would definitely be in for Sarr. Theres limited threat on the right whatsoever and he's just the Richarlison type wildcard who, if it came off, may see us with 2 potentially world class attacking players.

To move from where we are to where we want to be hes exactly the type we need.

I like the Branthwaite and Nkounkou signings. Both make sense in two positions we needed.

Branthwaite has only Gibson as competition in terms of being a left footed centre back.

Nkounkou only has a left back close to retirement ahead of him for a rotation position behind Digne.

Rather than splashing cash at Tyrone Mings types, id like us to go for 3 or 4 Richarlison type signings like Sarr. Good age and high ceiling.

The rest of our funds should be used on more Branthwaite/Nkounkou types with players like Bernard, Delph, Tosun, Sigurdsson removed from the squad to give the young lads a chance.

In 2 seasons time we could be looking at a very young squad with several top class players on the pitch and more emerging.
Richarlison cost£50m so I don’t think there will be 3 or 4 of them. If we could find 3 or 4 players as good as Richarlison we’ll be winning the Champions League.
I agree with the idea of more talented youth for backup squad positions and I think we’ll promote some U23’s this year.
As for the main purchases, I think there may be some surprises.

I missed the rumors about the Romania guy. I've got to say I'd be interested at the prices being touted. Can't really be a bad move unless we go Sandro mode and put him on 120k a week. A sensible contract and it makes a lot of sense.

That said I'm trying to figure out where he fits for us. What I'm seeing from the youtube clips and the couple of articles is that he has played mostly central but he doesn't look like a central midfielder for a 4-4-2 obviously. I don't love the idea of signing a guy and immediately making him do something different. But when I watch the clips I do see a player, assuming he isn't a liability defensively, that could work pretty well box to box in a 4-3-3 or as a #10 if we go that route.

All that is speculation based on not much though, so who really knows, but I do like this just as an idea of how we can try to find talent that the big clubs miss.

...i noticed he ’goes past defenders’ and we don’t have many of that type, not even Richarlison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back