Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
PIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The interest of #BocaJuniors for the Colombian Yerry Mina (25) it may exist, but for the Argentines it is impossible to pay 40M € what would i ask #Everton for him. In addition, the defender is not for sale and it is a priority for the club's management to keep the player in their ranks.

Yeah no shi they don't have 40m.

Highly doubt mina would settle for the Argentinian league yet, he's not 35!

I think Gbamin’s injuries mean that if he makes it back at all it will be as CB, arguably his long-term best position anyway, rather than CM. Even that is far from guaranteed as the stress of repeated jumping and turning will require a degree of knee and ankle stability he may no longer have after 3 consecutive injuries. At best we should expect that he will need an extensive physio rehab to build up soft tissue and muscle mass before even attempting football related activities.

Loftus-Cheek wouldn't work unless we changed the system. He could a good #8 but doesn't fit a 2 man midfield. Hudson-Odoi is still 19 and actually has done plenty at senior level relative to how much he has played. I think you should look again on that one. Either could be decent signings but Hudson-Odoi especially imo.
To be fair, I would have guessed that Hudson-Odoi was a year or two older than that. It's also a positive that he wants to be playing, rather than being content to sit on the bench and get the odd start in Europe or a domestic cup.

Also, whenever someone mentions formation, I realise that it's almost impossible to discuss midfielders until we know for certain how Ancelotti will set-up.

Yes on most of that. I do think you have to be wary about buying from top teams though. To me Iwobi just looks like he's going through the motions here for me, and I'd be worried to the degree Loftus Cheek is doing the same. I seem to remmeber a few of these signings under Smith (the Steven Hughes signing as it were), lads who had good ability but very little hunger and you could see a mile off they didn't fancy playing for Everton 1 bit.

I think Hudson Odoi has wonderful ability. He seems to have been knocked out of his step, but before that they were mentioning him alongside Sancho. He has pace and can finish. I see him as a bit similar to Lukaku, you can see a top player is in there, but Chelsea just aren't going to give him the time. He's youyng enough to be moulded, like Lukaku was and ultimately then re-sold onto a top club. If we could get a similar dealfor him as we did with Lukaku it would be a big yes for me.
Very much agreed on the risk factor, especially once they're into their mid-20s. On a loosely related note, a friend of mine is a Blackburn fan who, thanks to working at Sky Sports, hears little bits here and there, and he was telling me how blown away they were by Jack Rodwell last season. However, once it came time to extend his short-term deal, he basically decided that if this was his level now, he'd sooner just not play anymore, so there's definitely something to the idea that past disappointments could affect motivation levels.

Other than the fact that I never have and never will regard Lukaku as a top player, you do make a strong case for Hudson-Odoi. I suppose another thing to consider if whether or not Ancelotti will want to accommodate wide forwards next season.

Yeah Delph wasnt really a shocker.

And yeah im very concerned with what player Gmblammo returns as.

Hes suffered 2 VERY serious injuries and they will certainly have an impact.

Yakubu was terrible after his Achilles.
I think Gbamin is young enough to recover thank goodness. Also, Yakubu had a huge stocky body which can’t have been good for a player recovering from an Achilles.

Andre had a pretty bad Achilles injury with us if I’m not mistaken. I think it mostly boils down to whether Gbamin will have a reoccurring injury, which is my concern atm.

It'd be nice if Ancelotti could add his extensive knowledge of Serie A to the very limited recruitment pool that we've been selecting from recently.

I'd definitely take Petagna from SPAL, especially now that they're relegated and likely cash-strapped.

I think Gbamin’s injuries mean that if he makes it back at all it will be as CB, arguably his long-term best position anyway, rather than CM. Even that is far from guaranteed as the stress of repeated jumping and turning will require a degree of knee and ankle stability he may no longer have after 3 consecutive injuries. At best we should expect that he will need an extensive physio rehab to build up soft tissue and muscle mass before even attempting football related activities.
What makes you say that?

I have seen a lot of players saying abou when he gets back, I don't see it at all. It's 2 awful injuries baxck to back, for a player who's game relied upon power.

I mean to add onto the Gomes/Gbamin issue, Sigurdsson has really fallen off a cliff this season, and Davies hasn't really shown any signs of improvement. So between the 5 of them, it's a disaster area for the club.
True we shouldnt be relying on him he needs to he eased back in. Apparently the achilles wasn't as bad as first feared but its still two major injuries in a row. At least the Hojbjerg bid proves the club know the urgency of a new DM.

It'd be nice if Ancelotti could add his extensive knowledge of Serie A to the very limited recruitment pool that we've been selecting from recently.

I'd definitely take Petagna from SPAL, especially now that they're relegated and likely cash-strapped.

The same petagna that's on loan from napoli who he signed for a few months ago?

Pure speculation

If your nan can improve it i doubt the benchmark should be "would he improve on what we currently have." we need drastic improvements not minor incremental ones.

Absolutely. And if my Nan were a viable option then it would be not only a miracle but also a breakthrough for equal opportunities.

I think you understood my point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back