Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was looking to give him the benefit of the doubt, I'd say that the long absences through injury (didn't he have a cracked disc in his back at one point?) are a reasonable excuse for being a bit behind where he should be. Usually, though, I'd definitely agree that a 24-year-old is well overdue to be starting week in, week out, and as much as Chelsea seem to have kept faith with him, they're unlikely to make him a guaranteed starter ahead of players that have been brought in for serious money.

I'd be a bit less enthusiastic about Hudson-Odoi, as I've always felt he was christened a rising star before he'd really done anything at senior level. At the same time, it's tricky to judge Chelsea players because they don't really operate like any other club, and so my opinion opinion - I think that if an academy graduate is going to make it at a truly top side, they'll find themselves playing regularly as teenagers - sort of goes out the window.

Yes on most of that. I do think you have to be wary about buying from top teams though. To me Iwobi just looks like he's going through the motions here for me, and I'd be worried to the degree Loftus Cheek is doing the same. I seem to remmeber a few of these signings under Smith (the Steven Hughes signing as it were), lads who had good ability but very little hunger and you could see a mile off they didn't fancy playing for Everton 1 bit.

I think Hudson Odoi has wonderful ability. He seems to have been knocked out of his step, but before that they were mentioning him alongside Sancho. He has pace and can finish. I see him as a bit similar to Lukaku, you can see a top player is in there, but Chelsea just aren't going to give him the time. He's youyng enough to be moulded, like Lukaku was and ultimately then re-sold onto a top club. If we could get a similar dealfor him as we did with Lukaku it would be a big yes for me.

Yeah Delph wasnt really a shocker.

And yeah im very concerned with what player Gmblammo returns as.

Hes suffered 2 VERY serious injuries and they will certainly have an impact.

Yakubu was terrible after his Achilles.

I have seen a lot of players saying abou when he gets back, I don't see it at all. It's 2 awful injuries baxck to back, for a player who's game relied upon power.

I mean to add onto the Gomes/Gbamin issue, Sigurdsson has really fallen off a cliff this season, and Davies hasn't really shown any signs of improvement. So between the 5 of them, it's a disaster area for the club.

I have seen a lot of players saying abou when he gets back, I don't see it at all. It's 2 awful injuries baxck to back, for a player who's game relied upon power.

I mean to add onto the Gomes/Gbamin issue, Sigurdsson has really fallen off a cliff this season, and Davies hasn't really shown any signs of improvement. So between the 5 of them, it's a disaster area for the club.
That's why I think we need 3 CM's this year. Have Gomes be 4th/3rd but we need to add to CM significantly.

Yeah as soon as he was linked, I thought that's ridiculous but, the note of a possible 40m pricetag is interesting

Yes I mean it soujnds about right. I think we will do well to get that for him as you wouldn't say he's done much to enhance his fee here, but if anybody would pay £40m we would obviously sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back