Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time we buy a player from the PL it should be considered as a failure of Brands and the scouting system.
Inflated prices and easy to spot
Brands’ job is to identify the best players for the team. It doesn’t matter where they’re from. The only people who think Brands’ job is to “uncover hidden gems from South America” are fans who haven’t got a clue what his actual job is.

Watford and Udinese they swap managers every 5 mins. Not sure on Granada.

Always wanted to know how much they shell out each season on sacking managers.

I reckon we’d be running them close on manager pay outs .. aren’t bobby and moon head still getting paid ?

Brands’ job is to identify the best players for the team. It doesn’t matter where they’re from. The only people who think Brands’ job is to “uncover hidden gems from South America” are fans who haven’t got a clue what his actual job is.
At PSV the majority of his signings were players from the Dutch league.

They provided the bulk of his title winning sides.

I'd pay him 120k a week tbh. But that's not even what I was discussing originally, just saying that comparing signing someone worth easily 25m to Luke Garbutt is silly even if you think his extension was premature.
Oh, I wasn't, Garbutt was crap. Just think the only reason he would be sold for 25m is that he plays for Chelsea.

Oh, I wasn't, Garbutt was crap. Just think the only reason he would be sold for 25m is that he plays for Chelsea.
My opinion only of course but I see him as the current young player most likely to get lost in the shuffle like Salah and Gnabry and end up being very good in 3 years. I'd be all over it and if we move Bernard the wages are all taken care of.

At PSV the majority of his signings were players from the Dutch league.

They provided the bulk of his title winning sides.

You also have to factor in the expectation, culture and basis of strategic links that differ from PSV/Alkmaar to an Everton under Moshiri. The expectation is clearly to be successful very quickly, with lots of money spent. The culture of the club is not the same as in Holland, where it is accepted they buy players in, train them up and move them on. That doesn't exist in England and it certainly isn't one that is welcomed at Everton. There is also the lack of links that Holland has with South America, which makes permits etc more difficult to acquire.

The odd 1 or 2 here or there is fine, but on the whole it's not a great recruiting ground for what we are trying to do. In truth I think we need to recruit mkore from the lower leagues in England. Calvert Lewin & Holgate look two key men currently, while Brainthwaite looks very promising. We've also turned big profits on Lookman and Stones. It doesn't perhaps have the glamour of signijgn from South America, but it has been very effective for us.

My opinion only of course but I see him as the current young player most likely to get lost in the shuffle like Salah and Gnabry and end up being very good in 3 years. I'd be all over it and if we move Bernard the wages are all taken care of.
That's a fair way of looking at it I suppose. Just think, again, the motivation issue comes in to play. He's already got his monster contract at Chelsea who is challenging for almost everything. To take a step down to Everton you have to wonder if his motivation/heart would even be in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back